Jump to content
Bazly

Leicester City v Manchester City pre-match

Recommended Posts

We get it, there's a huge question mark over strategy, formation and tactics as to how we start this game.

Whilst totally relevant, the real question is how quickly we make those changes during the game.

 

The adaptations during gameplay and how quickly we make them are going to sort this one out and as we've seen throughout this season, we're not short on plans anymore. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man City are just called City by pretty much everyone else. A big part of that is because the Manchester name was loooong taken by Man United. Whereas we're a one club county and nobody else called Leicester. 

 

If anyone asks me who I support, I always say Leicester. I made my peace with that. Don't let it wind you up. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this one now. We could get well beaten, but if we are firing and come away with three points that would be a real marker of our credentials.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We regularly play well against this lot at home, even when they've beaten us here it's by the odd goal and we've had chances ourselves to get a result. I'm quietly confident but they are a beast of a team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nick said:

Frightening isn't it! I mean that's practically a first choice world beating A-team rather than an 'off the bench squad depth of players!'

What's mad is the FA cup allows for 5 players to be subbed (or at least did in the last round). If that continues to the final then they can basically swap out half their outfield players, A-team for an A-team. Who ever thought that was fair needs to be fired. It's barely fair for Chelsea let alone Southampton or us.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I like all the positivism in this thread. It makes me very nervous. I'm now going to have to build up a LOT of pessimism just to counter it all. I will not be fun for my family to be around, and it's all your fault. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Man City are just called City by pretty much everyone else. A big part of that is because the Manchester name was loooong taken by Man United. Whereas we're a one club county and nobody else called Leicester. 

 

If anyone asks me who I support, I always say Leicester. I made my peace with that. Don't let it wind you up. 

No, that's really not true. I'm part of a big Leicester family and no one refers to the Manchester club as 'City'. Do you think they do in Stoke, Cardiff, Norwich, Bristol and others? They get wound up by it in Bristol, I can confirm. 

 

Its a media driven thing. Don't become part of the Sky marketing bollox. 

 

Ps. 'Leicester' is a rugby club. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

No, that's really not true. I'm part of a big Leicester family and no one refers to the Manchester club as 'City'. Do you think they do in Stoke, Cardiff, Norwich, Bristol and others? They get wound up by it in Bristol, I can confirm. 

 

Its a media driven thing. Don't become part of the Sky marketing bollox. 

 

Ps. 'Leicester' is a rugby club. 

Yes it's a fairly new thing, it was always been  Man City  until recently.  

Its always been " who City got today" or " You going down the City " . My biggest bugbear at the minute is Stringer and his constant calling us the Foxes which has spread to all the Radio Leicester presenters .ūüė¨

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pottering around the house and have Sky Sports News on in the background. 

 

There are two games on Sky today.

 

Game one: The Premier League leaders playing the team that sit in 3rd, in a game which is crucial for the Champions League run

Game two: The team 7th is playing the team in 9th.

 

Guess which of the two games Sky has focused on more, even creating a stand-alone advert for it?

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a good feeling about this and I'm excited for the game. Points are there for the taking! This team is full of confidence. Go out and play well is all we can ask. I think it will be a good battle ūüėä

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

 

God I hate my inability to look at this game objectively.

 

Me, straight after our last game: Ah well, Man City next. They beat everyone, you can't compete with their spending, so it's a free hit, but I expect nothing. Hope we don't get thrashed.

 

Me yesterday: You know, we're pretty decent on our day and our Nigerian and Belgian players are in brilliant form, so if we play well and things go our way, we have every chance.

 

Me this morning: I reckon we are going to do this - Man City have to rotate for Europe, we don't, and some of the pundits favour us. That's it, I'm putting money on us beating them...

 

Me at 17:29 today:  COME ON YOU BLOOOOOOOOS, WE ARE GONNA THRASH THEM AGAIN, BLUE ARMEH  :scarf::scarf::scarf:

 

You at 19.15 today: "Oh, why did I only put a fiver on..."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Yes it's a fairly new thing, it was always been  Man City  until recently.  

Its always been " who City got today" or " You going down the City " . My biggest bugbear at the minute is Stringer and his constant calling us the Foxes which has spread to all the Radio Leicester presenters .ūüė¨

From the Matrix: Stringer is a virus

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Pottering around the house and have Sky Sports News on in the background. 

 

There are two games on Sky today.

 

Game one: The Premier League leaders playing the team that sit in 3rd, in a game which is crucial for the Champions League run

Game two: The team 7th is playing the team in 9th.

 

Guess which of the two games Sky has focused on more, even creating a stand-alone advert for it?

 

Tired of making the point but each of the teams in 7th and ninth have a fan base larger than us and Man City put together ..... sky are not a charity ......... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Free hit, anything we can get today takes pressure off the last three games.

I think its only ok to drop points if the teams chasing us drop points.

If our players go into this thinking "free hit" we could suffer a big defeat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...