Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What Is It That You Do That Annoys Your Other Half?

There's few things that I get told about. Too much time on FT is one. Not being interested in the garden, not supporting her decisions on buying sh1t we don't need. Playing Modern Warfare cos there's fuk all else to do every day. Trying a new gin from the shop and drinking it in a week... 

Retiring without a decent hobby to occupy my time.. OMG

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

There's few things that I get told about. Too much time on FT is one. Not being interested in the garden, not supporting her decisions on buying sh1t we don't need. Playing Modern Warfare cos there's fuk all else to do every day. Trying a new gin from the shop and drinking it in a week... 

Retiring without a decent hobby to occupy my time.. OMG

On 04/03/2021 at 19:37, Parafox said:

Does this thread have a hint of misogyny about it?

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Flamey said:

I 'tap' constantly apparently, and dont listen to her properly....also some other things that I didn't really listen to.

Hard for you to listen, to be fair, what with her voice being drowned out by your tapping.

Now let's see what was cited at Relate and then in divorce proceedings.....

- Being an argumentative tosser (bang to rights on that one, though I was before she married me, too)

- Drinking too much: used to be true, before I stopped, though working alone from home I needed an escape valve - and she rarely took up my proposals for joint nights out

- Quibbling over funding a complete kitchen refit when we were £20k in debt & struggling financially (not having that one)

- Not doing any DIY (guilty as charged but so was she - and how come housework should be shared (fair enough) yet DIY is a man's duty - and a technically incompetent man, at that?)

- Leaving a well-organised pile of docs and well-organised pile of CDs in living room.....when her stuff was strewn all over the place. I compromised, removing CDs and set up a tray for the docs but she just strewed stuff on that, too. Daughter now comments on how much tidier my place is than her mother's... :D

4 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Don't know, but she got married to some other bloke and went to live in Canada. 

Think it was the way I ate my peas...

It wasn't  me.  @spacemunky is this your left side?

In regards to my wife....i don't always listen to her. This is usually due to the fact that i am in the middle of cooking or something and i tune out and focus on the task. It's not that i can't multitask but the radio/music is on and i am in my zone so at times i tune out some noise....happens to be her and not the radio lol

Having said that when not busy i do listen.   I am a good hubby.

Oh, something else about ripping my nails instead of using nail clippers.  Bad habit indeed.

• Haha 1

Single now so free of all this but it used to be putting stuff in the bin after its been emptied (I know) and something to do with curtains;  namely their open/closed state and whether there was anyone in the room or not. Not really sure tbh, but whatever it was I was getting wrong really annoyed her.

That’s ex 1.  Ex 2, absolutely nothing for about 18 months, then an instant switch into absolutely everything.  Even made up stuff, for example the fact we weren’t going anywhere - during lockdown.  Then, when I left, absolutely nothing again. 

When I do DIY. I tell her I’m not really comfortable doing something or I’m not sure, then she pulls out the “well I’ll just get my brother to do it then” which obviously insults my masculinity and I can’t leave it at that - takes the pressure off though because if I do it right I’m laughing, if I do it wrong she’s doubly pissed off and that’s her problem :)