With the other thread going on top 5 games attended, I couldn't figure out whether I should be putting defeats in. Some games are so memorable even if we ended up losing. Lets face it, we have always had our fair share of defeats, so we probably have as many stories!

So my top 5 defeats are:

5-2 Sheffield United - 1990 - Those shirts! - its always a strange feeling to watch another side get promoted & have pitch invasions, but an intense and cracking game

4-3 Swindon (Play-off final) - I couldn't make the Blackburn game, so this was my first time watching us at Wembley & from 3-0 to when that 3rd goal went in still gives me shivers...

2-0 Athletico - 1997 - just watching Leicester in Europe & the performance was there: shame about the refereeing

2-1 Leeds - 2004 - First game I took my wife to, driving up to Leeds for a massive relegation battle under the lights. Izzet cracker, Viduka sending off...

1-0 Man Utd - With relegation virtually confirmed and Filbert St soon to be demolished, how did the fans respond? Standing ovation from the whole ground.

4 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Leicester 1-4 Brighton is the only one I've actively enjoyed I think.

Remember it well. Pretty sure some of the team were hungover after promotion celebrations.

I'm guessing that NP was giving looks as per your profile photo at Leo Ulloa that day.....so the defeat may have been beneficial, not merely meaningless.

Funny how memory tricks you sometimes. I was convinced that Leo scored a hat-trick against us that day, but reports show he only got 2 of their 4.

I took slightly perverse pleasure in the 7-1 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday in 1992...

And the quarter final at Atletico, simply for the occasion, the city, the weather, the friendliness of those I was with in the ground.

Edited by HighPeakFox

2 1 away loss to Seville the goal by Vardy we were going mental and a wonderful mini break

away loss to Athletico Madrid the goal by Marshall Leicester away in Europe and that horrendous bus journey.

Losing the 1969 fa cup final to Man City I was 9 yrs old remember the large crowds and the huge rosette pinned to my Blue Blazer.

Arsenal away 2016 Atkinson sending off Simpson due to the baying home crowd Arsenal scoring a last minute winner Mahrez being denied a stonewall penalty. Knew we would be ok.

Losing away 1 0 Athletico Madrid again.  Great time in Madrid wonderful City and great times and memories.  Genuinely thought we woulld beat them in the home leg but iit wasnt to be.

16 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Just looking at the BBC report for that match: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26830309

According to that, we played 4-4-2 with King and Konchesky at centre back, Wasyl at left back, Morgan and Phillips on the wings, Knocky centre midfield & Mahrez up front.

Presumably either Pearson was also hungover or the BBC reporter was!

• Haha 2

Porto 5-0 Leicester was a right laugh.

I quite enjoyed the 2-1 loss to Arsenal in a weird way. Felt like we were massive that day and the way Arsenal fans (and players) were celebrating the win kind of made me feel like we belonged at the top.

Swindon 4 - Leicester 3 - Play Off Final - Great comeback and was still really proud although I felt utterly cheated with the ridiculous penalty given - The atmosphere when Thommo scored the 3rd and when Oldfield nearly went through 5 minutes later was incredible 

Cardiff Play off - 2010 - Play Off Semi Final - Probably the best pound for pound away support I've been part of (that and Bruges) - The match was so exhilarating that even after we'd lost I was still a bit high 

Athletic Madrid - 2 - 1 - 1997 - Another incredible atmosphere - That generation of support hadn't really had any success so to be bumping into friends on a Madrid street before a UEFA Cup match was surreal - I also thought we'd beat them in the return game 

Erm struggling as all other have been gut wrenching - I was even gutted with the 1 - 4 vs Brighton as I'd bought tickets to take the kids who were young at the time and we were carp. 

03/04, Villa at home I think, beaten comfortably. Bloke running on to confront Ian Walker only to be man handled to the deck by England’s number 1 (couldn’t get away with that now he’d of been banned) and I’m sure it was the game where every seat in the Kop had a lads mag on it before kick off that all got lashed on to the pitch in the rain. 

Athletics at home in quarter final, came away knowing we had a right good go, could have scored multiple goals and the goal we conceded to them was a world class header. Never been prouder than that night. All I’ve ever asked is we have a go, we had a proper go that night. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

I was in the kop that night and there was about 50-100 people around me in little pockets of the stand booing and abusing the players , just after we’d won the league. 

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Porto 5-0 Leicester was a right laugh.

I quite enjoyed the 2-1 loss to Arsenal in a weird way. Felt like we were massive that day and the way Arsenal fans (and players) were celebrating the win kind of made me feel like we belonged at the top.

Completely agree with this. Probably my favourite away trip out of all the group games. Scenes at the airport on return weren't pleasant though. 

my first ever game as a Leicester Fan was as a 10 year old, going to the Leicester / Blackburn play off final in 1992.

That defeat set the tone for my first 21 years as a fan.  I used to get to see them 2-3 times a year, and never saw them win live again until 2013......... against Blackburn.

had a nice symmetry to it that. 

I stopped going to any kind of important game as I figured I was the bad omen! lol.

16 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Athletics at home in quarter final, came away knowing we had a right good go, could have scored multiple goals and the goal we conceded to them was a world class header. Never been prouder than that night. All I’ve ever asked is we have a go, we had a proper go that night. 

That was the first one that came to my mind too.

Even though we lost it was such a good atmosphere and you came out the ground feeling proud of what we achieved 

• Like 1

I remember a cup tie against MON's Aston Villa while we were in the championship. Although Agbonlahor hit the winner in extra time, was a cracking game of football and remember being proud of the lads for pushing them all the way

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

I remember a cup tie against MON's Aston Villa while we were in the championship. Although Agbonlahor hit the winner in extra time, was a cracking game of football and remember being proud of the lads for pushing them all the way

Henderson save a penalty in-front of the kop?

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Weird thread. I've never come away from a game that we've lost thinking how much I enjoyed it. Ever

The thread is about memorable games, which may well have included moments of enjoyment (or pride). Nobody mentioned coming away enjoying the loss - that would be weird! 

(although looking back at my 5, 3 were league games where our fate was basically sealed anyway so the result made next to no difference) 

My first ever away game as a 7 year old, we played spurs away, it was March, we were bottom and all but relegated. We held the big name Spurs with the likes of Anderton, Barmby, Sheringham and Klinsmann until the latter scored an overhead kick near the end and broke my 7 year old heart. After the game I vividly remember shuffling back to the car head down almost in tears, and a Spurs fan said keep your head up mate your team did you proud today. Ever since then I've been in love with football and the foxes. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Yes great call. Any time we were lower league and pushed a big prem side it was great. This was a great performance, Villa were a top 6 team at the time. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

Completely agree with this. Probably my favourite away trip out of all the group games. Scenes at the airport on return weren't pleasant though. 

Did you travel back on the same night of the game? That's what we did for Atleti and it was ****ing grim.

Portsmouth away 5-1.

Palace away 5-0.

Spurs away 4-3 (great escape year for the gutting feeling that we just weren't good enough).

Bournemouth away 4-2 (purely for the fact we were 4 down at half time and my phone was lighting up like a Christmas tree).

Arsenal 2-1 valentine's Day.