Jump to content
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Bet they’d listen to you instead. :P

Clearly not, and that’s the point! Deserve every bit of criticism they get.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Apparently Kasper and Vards have given the guilty parties a proper dressing down. Anyone confirm?

Is this part of the strip scrabble game? 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Clearly not, and that’s the point! Deserve every bit of criticism they get.

We’re the club of La Manga I, La Manga II, and the Thai sex tape. This is what we do! lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Apparently Kasper and Vards have given the guilty parties a proper dressing down. Anyone confirm?

Could of done with them showing that kind of authority and leadership yesterday, neither of them seemed to get the players mentalities right, looked as though we were just going to crumble

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It was a week out from the West Ham game. If they were going to do something like that then that is the time to do it. Presumably because they had a day or two off after. The only real issue is the breaking of covid rules but as I say I don't know of anyone who hasn't broken those rules at some stage. What do people really expect of footballers? Train, play matches and then sit in a room on their own the rest of the time? Also I will say when the news broke this had happened a lot of people were defending them, it was only after we lost the match that peoples attitudes changed. It's all just an overreaction in my opinion. They are being held to a higher moral standard because they are footballers and aren't treated as people like the rest of us. 

Social media has been around long enough, and yes they are held to a higher moral standard due to its prevalence, but it comes with the territory of being a professional footballer. This isn’t some lads playing Sunday league, they ARE figures of aspiration, they therefore hold influence, and if you think they have not been repeatedly made aware of this element of their role, I suspect you are mistaken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Could of done with them showing that kind of authority and leadership yesterday, neither of them seemed to get the players mentalities right, looked as though we were just going to crumble

Until the 2nd half... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Having a drink doesn't impede there ability to work when they almost certainly would have had a day off the next day. As I say the only issue is the breaking of covid rules, it's very normal in normal times for footballers to do things like this. (I know a couple of footballers myself and the night after matches is when they do these things as they have days off after). From what I gather they got tested afterwards so they were able to rejoin the bubble if Rodgers let them so that wasn't an issue either. They shouldn't have broken covid restrictions but I do feel like the club and more so people on here are overreacting. Just let the police deal with it and get on with it. 

If you set standards and rules and do not react when someone breaks those standards and rules then you set a precedent that it ok.

 

Chances are they will break other standards and rules which you have set.  

 

It's about leadership. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Social media has been around long enough, and yes they are held to a higher moral standard due to its prevalence, but it comes with the territory of being a professional footballer. This isn’t some lads playing Sunday league, they ARE figures of aspiration, they therefore hold influence, and if you think they have not been repeatedly made aware of this element of their role, I suspect you are mistaken.

My point (not made very clearly) is that I don't think they should be held to a higher moral standard. They are just people and should be treated as such. If I was to go to a house party and got caught by the police and my employer found out I doubt they would do or say anything, I struggle to see the difference other than they are footballers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I suspect JM10 would have been moving on irrelevant of this; but that's another thread.

Well if he’s moving on his value will have nosedived somewhat and other clubs less likely to take a punt because of his injuries and attitude. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mazarron fox said:

Well if he’s moving on his value will have nosedived somewhat and other clubs less likely to take a punt because of his injuries and attitude. 

Clubs won't think twice about this incident if he delivers on the pitch.

 

Injuries are a fair point but he won't be short of interest if he wanted to sell him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

My point (not made very clearly) is that I don't think they should be held to a higher moral standard. They are just people and should be treated as such. If I was to go to a house party and got caught by the police and my employer found out I doubt they would do or say anything, I struggle to see the difference other than they are footballers.

Not for a second saying it’s right (or healthy) but the reach of footballers is now so great (social media) that they are held to higher standards, as every misstep is available for consumption (and mimicking)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not for a second saying it’s right (or healthy) but the reach of footballers is now so great (social media) that they are held to higher standards, as every misstep is available for consumption (and mimicking)

If my next door neighbour or even my best mate did what they did I'd think they were pricks.  There's no holding them to a higher standard here. 

 

People are angry, lots on here have sacrificed a lot of the last few months and they're allowed to be. I know people whove had ill relatives and not seem them for months. I think they're getting off lightly to be honest - if they come back and fire us to Europe they'll be forgiven.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Never a dull moment being a Leicester fan eh. At least there was no hookers or rim jobs involved this time I guess? lol

Wait for the sun  to leak the tape? Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If my next door neighbour or even my best mate did what they did I'd think they were pricks.  There's no holding them to a higher standard here. 

 

People are angry, lots on here have sacrificed a lot of the last few months and they're allowed to be. I know people whove had ill relatives and not seem them for months. I think they're getting off lightly to be honest - if they come back and fire us to Europe they'll be forgiven.

Yeah but your next door neighbours misdemeanour would not be a topic on a news site, discussed by lots of interested parties, so not strictly the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Apparently Kasper and Vards have given the guilty parties a proper dressing down. Anyone confirm?

Imagine, been made to train away from the rest of the squad as to not put anyone at risk . Then Kasper and Vardy decide to risk it all just to give them a bollocking .:dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

My point (not made very clearly) is that I don't think they should be held to a higher moral standard. They are just people and should be treated as such. If I was to go to a house party and got caught by the police and my employer found out I doubt they would do or say anything, I struggle to see the difference other than they are footballers.

The difference is you aren’t working in a sport that has been given special dispensation to continue by the government due to rigorous and strict COVID-19 protocols. 
 

I think people are just completely missing the point that these players could have caused a COVID outbreak at the club at the crunch end of the season. Would you still be feeling the same way if we had to line up for the semi final on Sunday without half of the first team squad because they couldn’t get a negative test in time? 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...