Jump to content
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Gotta agree HPF

To do it in the first place equals they don’t give two hoots.

It’d only be the club forcing them to apologise anyway. 
I have a strong suspicion that young Maddison wants ‘a bigger club’. He’s probably pissed that his mate Chillers went to Chelsea.

BUT I’m only surmising 

I think you're probably right about playing for a bigger club I bet he thinks that's why he doesn't get picked by England very often probably has Chilwell on the blower telling how good it is at Chelsea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strokes said:

Come on you bunch of sad shits, we have an FA cup Semi final match this weekend. Pick your pathetic selves up up from this pit of doom and focus on the game, not this nonsense. It’s done.


When the thread goes to shit ...  send for @Strokes !! ..   :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Im sure they are, but ive no doubt a more public response from the club/players could have pretty much nipped this in the bud early doors as weve seen with other covid breachers at other clubs

You spent hours after the public apologies on fans boards and confirm that the apology nipped it all in the bud?

I'm guessing it didn't, as mentioned elsewhere there will have been many saying 'they didn't mean it'.

13 minutes ago, MPH said:


 

I agree with you. But you can tell if it’s genuine or not.

How the hell can you tell from a written apologywhether they meant it or not or are you expecting them to knock on the door of every Leicester fan a nd apologise in person? You going to say 'look me in eye when you say that?'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MPH said:


 

I agree with you. But you can tell if it’s genuine or not.

I don’t think they’ll particularly care what the fans think. Their manager and other players on the other hand!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

lol

 

 

 

a lot of them have Twitter/ Facebook and quite a few people do little video messages..

Edited by MPH
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Anyone who still cares about this needs to give their head a serious wobble imo. It’s been dealt with internally. We’ve got a mega game this weekend, focus on that instead!

 

I've just given my head a serious wobble.. didn't work!😂

I want them hung, drawn and quartered!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Anyone who still cares about this needs to give their head a serious wobble imo. It’s been dealt with internally. We’ve got a mega game this weekend, focus on that instead!

I’m shaking mine from side to side in disgust, does that count?

 

There’s copious amounts of tutting included too.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don’t think they’ll particularly care what the fans think. Their manager and other players on the other hand!


 

 

id love to be a fly on the wall when Kasper and Morgan have a chat about it...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Also on the Maddison in the casino note, it’s hardly like he got battered, flipped out and called someone a “jap”. From my memory he just on his own in the casino which he is perfectly entitled to do so.

Especially because the media portrayed it completely wrong like he chose to leave the England squad when he actually wanted to stay but the medical team sent him home, and he went to the casino to watch the 2nd half whilst playing poker

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/17/leicester-brendan-rodgers-defends-james-maddison-casino-visit

 

“The kid went away with the international team and took ill while he was away. He wanted to stay and hopefully be ready for the second game. But the England medical staff – which I can understand, as he had flu and they didn’t want that to spread to his teammates – decided it’s best for him to leave the camp. So he leaves, gets some tablets with our guys at the club, then he feels better.

 

“He watched the game at home on his own on the Friday and then goes out at half-time – probably he’ll make better decisions in his life but he went to a casino on his own to sit and watch the second half by a poker table. The suggestions are he left England purposelessly and then goes to a casino but that’s totally not the case at all. But his eyes have been opened now to the wider world in terms of what he did. He knows in hindsight he’s made a mistake.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

If Rodgers leaves it will be because he has better offers or thinks he can't push us any further than he already is. Not because a few players broke a rule, he's the manager, deal with it. Get rid of them if he wants to, but leaving because of it makes no sense. 

The most affected by this scandal  is Brendan Rodgers. You can tell that he’s seething about it though he has handled the media well. This may give him a reason now to go to Spurs at the end of the season and an excuse if we are to miss out again on top 4 and fail to get to the FA Cup final. These 5 have let him down more than anyone. 

Edited by oxtonfox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

 

The most affected by this scandal  is Brendan Rodgers. You can tell that he’s seething about it though he has handled the media well. This may give him a reason now to go to Spurs at the end of the season and an excuse if we are to miss out again on top 4 and fail to get to the FA Cup final. These 5 have let him down more than anyone. 

Won't be any better off going to Spurs if it a worry about players breaking Covid rules as they have some of the worst offenders.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

 

The most affected by this scandal  is Brendan Rodgers. You can tell that he’s seething about it though he has handled the media well. This may give him a reason now to go to Spurs at the end of the season and an excuse if we are to miss out again on top 4 and fail to get to the FA Cup final. These 5 have let him down more than anyone. 

Spurs players would never do anything like attend a party breaking Covid rules. 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/02/tottenham-condemn-three-players-for-christmas-party-covid-rules-breach

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

 

The most affected by this scandal  is Brendan Rodgers. You can tell that he’s seething about it though he has handled the media well. This may give him a reason now to go to Spurs at the end of the season and an excuse if we are to miss out again on top 4 and fail to get to the FA Cup final. These 5 have let him down more than anyone. 

Some serious mental gymnastics going on here to arrive at this conclusion...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

He had mild flu symptoms and England were concerned about him flying on Thursday with the squad, so they decided to leave him at home. On Friday evening - more than 24 hours after that decision - he visited a casino. He didn’t break any rules and Southgate admitted he hadn’t done anything wrong.

Don't think my boss would have seen it that way. A recovery of Lazarus proportions? What a wimp. The fact that he's sitting round the table with his hood up? Do all punters do that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't think my boss would have seen it that way. A recovery of Lazarus proportions? What a wimp. The fact that he's sitting round the table with his hood up? Do all punters do that?

Why was he a wimp? It wasn't his choice to pull out of the squad - he wanted to go. If my boss told me not to go on a work trip that I said I was fine to go on, it would be none of his business what I did with my time the following evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Christ this is a positive  place tonight. What with Madders breaking covid regulations. Now Brendans off to Spurs! Think I’ll get back to Corrie :thumbup:

Don't forget also that Maddison wants to leave too, that has been confidently suggested too.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't think my boss would have seen it that way. A recovery of Lazarus proportions? What a wimp. The fact that he's sitting round the table with his hood up? Do all punters do that?

He wanted to stay and try to be available for a later match, and it was the England medical staffs decision to send him home, not much else he could do?

 

I imagine plenty of footballers do that kind of thing to try and reduce the likelihood of people coming up to them and pestering them

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hang on, they flew out a few days before they played. He'd been sent home long before they played and if I remember rightly he disagreed with their decision that he shouldn't travel with them, he wanted to play.

The time period is debatable but Southgate was quoted as saying he was sent home to recuperate. My point is that he was caught out under the circumstances as being a bit of a twat. Unfortunately he's done it again. As homer Leicester fans some may like to give the benefit of the doubt but ... to other people, he looks like a Grealish but with less than half the talent. For me he's acted like a complete muppet which put Rodgers in a difficult position. If I was an older player in that dressing room with ambitions of getting into Europe one last time I'd be wanting to bounce his tiny little insignificant head off the wall! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The time period is debatable but Southgate was quoted as saying he was sent home to recuperate. My point is that he was caught out under the circumstances as being a bit of a twat. Unfortunately he's done it again. As homer Leicester fans some may like to give the benefit of the doubt but ... to other people, he looks like a Grealish but with less than half the talent. For me he's acted like a complete muppet which put Rodgers in a difficult position. If I was an older player in that dressing room with ambitions of getting into Europe one last time I'd be wanting to bounce his tiny little insignificant head off the wall! 

Once Southgate has sent him home from the squad he has naff all control over his recovery, Maddison went to visit Leicesters medical staff who gave him some tablets and he felt better after

 

Media got hold of it and made it out to be a massively worse situation that it actually was, acting like he orchestrated the whole thing because he couldn't be arsed to play for England and wanted to go sit in a casino instead when in actual fact it wasn't his choice to leave at all

 

I find it very strange that Maddison seems to be the target of some much worse vitirol than people like Grealish who has done MUCH worse stuff than Maddison in the current climate and has seemingly got away with it and is seen as Englands "Golden Boy"

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Why was he a wimp? It wasn't his choice to pull out of the squad - he wanted to go. If my boss told me not to go on a work trip that I said I was fine to go on, it would be none of his business what I did with my time the following evening.

Under the circumstances with only half a brain, I still wouldn't have gone out on the town. He was supposedly sent back to recuperate. Nevertheless, if you really wanted to play for England in the future, would you act like such a twat? Oh dear, he didn't learn, he's done it again. We're in the here and now after all and his pontificating on video to us minions on how to behave and help the NHS etc, he's been an absolute mug. Just because he plays for our team why defend the utter twat, he put our manager in a right position. As for our supposed older wiser club captain!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Once Southgate has sent him home from the squad he has naff all control over his recovery, Maddison went to visit Leicesters medical staff who gave him some tablets and he felt better after

 

Media got hold of it and made it out to be a massively worse situation that it actually was, acting like he orchestrated the whole thing because he couldn't be arsed to play for England and wanted to go sit in a casino instead when in actual fact it wasn't his choice to leave at all

 

I find it very strange that Maddison seems to be the target of some much worse vitirol than people like Grealish who has done MUCH worse stuff than Maddison in the current climate and has seemingly got away with it

You seem to have inside knowledge on what the Leicester medical staff did ????

Yes, Grealish is an utter twat also which is possibly why Southgate is reluctant to pick him also at times? The trouble for Maddison is,  is that Grealish is twice the player he is, so if he'd got half a brain he'd keep his head down 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

You seem to have inside knowledge on what the Leicester medical staff did ????

Yes, Grealish is an utter twat also which is possibly why Southgate is reluctant to pick him also at times? The trouble for Maddison is,  is that Grealish is twice the player he is, so if he'd got half a brain he'd keep his head down 😁

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/17/leicester-brendan-rodgers-defends-james-maddison-casino-visit

 

“The kid went away with the international team and took ill while he was away. He wanted to stay and hopefully be ready for the second game. But the England medical staff – which I can understand, as he had flu and they didn’t want that to spread to his teammates – decided it’s best for him to leave the camp. So he leaves, gets some tablets with our guys at the club, then he feels better.

 

“He watched the game at home on his own on the Friday and then goes out at half-time – probably he’ll make better decisions in his life but he went to a casino on his own to sit and watch the second half by a poker table. The suggestions are he left England purposelessly and then goes to a casino but that’s totally not the case at all. But his eyes have been opened now to the wider world in terms of what he did. He knows in hindsight he’s made a mistake.”

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...