StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

2 hours ago, trabuch said:

Watching the highlights on MOTD. I have to say.. there is an exceptional footballer in Nacho. Not only in front of goal - but some of his play (particularly and significantly after he scored) was absolutely world class. If he gets fully confident as a footballer he will be bloody devastating. 

Spectacular.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, trabuch said:

Watching the highlights on MOTD. I have to say.. there is an exceptional footballer in Nacho. Not only in front of goal - but some of his play (particularly and significantly after he scored) was absolutely world class. If he gets fully confident as a footballer he will be bloody devastating. 

Looks a different person, his personality shines though now.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Looks a different person, his personality shines though now.

Yes. I don't know if that was due to Rodgers or Vardy. I think Vardy is handing his magic over to him. It's lovely to see. (I'm a bit tired and emotional)

Edited by trabuch
6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Was it pretty? Absolutely not.

Do I care? Absolutely ****ing not!

GET INNNNNNN ! :scarf:

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

No..!! Hard fought, interesting,  typical. semi-final...!!!

Head?ones are for the supporters of the winning side...

Only Finalisten get "some" sympathy...

Southampton had no hard luck....they didnt die wondering.!!

Maybe I was harsh.  Southampton rode it hard, we did what was needed. Up the City!

8 hours ago, urban fox said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but if we win this and finish top 4 we could actually hand spurs a europa spot by finishing seventh. Could make for an interesting last game.

Wouldn't that still happen if Chelsea win and finish top 4. Spurs could also qualify for EL by winning the League Cup, so it maybe immaterial. Way they are playing can see Leeds getting 7th.

Meant to mention earlier but I thought the pitch looked very very slow and that affected the play.Long grass/too dry maybe but you could see they were all having to hit the ball a lot firmer than usual.

• Like 1

I was at all the cup games in 69 but could not get a ticket for the final . If it was not for Covid 19 I might have been tempted to try and get a ticket for the final. 24000kms would not be too much of a sacrifice to finally see the City win the cup.  

• Like 1

@HighPeakFox

https://www.facebook.com/EmiratesFACup/posts/10157797967991502

Around 1:50 is the Soyuncu challenge I was talking about. Looks like he managed to pull out at the very last moment, I think any contact would have been a second yellow and a pen though. The shoulder barge was not long after this if my memory is correct.

Not a particularly good match except for the result - FA CUP FINAL!!!

I still vaguely remember watching the Man City 1969 final on telly - black and white, shitty picture. So disappointed. We stand a real chance this time if we don’t have more injuries and stay focussed.

8 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

Superb performance from Kel. A slow start, but he never stopped showing for the ball and trying to make the difference - the link up play to set up the Maddison chance was fantastic. What a season he is having

He really grew in that match. Started off looking a bit clumsy with several poor first touches, but looked very classy by the end, and working hard throughout.

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

@HighPeakFox

Around 1:50 is the Soyuncu challenge I was talking about. Looks like he managed to pull out at the very last moment, I think any contact would have been a second yellow and a pen though. The shoulder barge was not long after this if my memory is correct.

That explains my confusion, he evidently didn't touch him!

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

That explains my confusion, he evidently didn't touch him!

Aye, hence why Ings didnt go down. In real time though it looked for all the world it was gonna be a Bournemouth sized calamity haha

Just now, filbertway said:

Aye, hence why Ings didnt go down. In real time though it looked for all the world it was gonna be a Bournemouth sized calamity haha

Amazed that I hadn't registered it!

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

@HighPeakFox

Side on it looks ok but we were sitting right behind it and cags defo caught him and knocked his balance - if he goes down and kavanagh gives it (which he would have) then var isn’t over turning it 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Side on it looks ok but we were sitting right behind it and cags defo caught him and knocked his balance - if he goes down and kavanagh gives it (which he would have) then var isn’t over turning it 

Then I'm staggered he didn't show any sign of contact.

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Then I'm staggered he didn't show any sign of contact.

He does, it just knocks him off balance and he throws one arm up to try and get it back but loses control of the ball at that point 

this is where cags just catches him 

18538700-BC3F-4D22-B034-EA26B0A260CF.jpeg.d81369c5d3666e7fbae9735103cda0a7.jpeg

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He does, it just knocks him off balance and he throws one arm up to try and get it back but loses control of the ball at that point 

this is where cags just catches him 

18538700-BC3F-4D22-B034-EA26B0A260CF.jpeg.d81369c5d3666e7fbae9735103cda0a7.jpeg

Quite happy to accept your interpretation of events as accurate, but I can only then assume that Ings didn't feel sufficient contact to warrant a belly flop.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Quite happy to accept your interpretation of events as accurate, but I can only then assume that Ings didn't feel sufficient contact to warrant a belly flop.

The group we were sitting with (all Lcfc fans) were astonished that he didn’t  ....we all saw it the same way 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The group we were sitting with (all Lcfc fans) were astonished that he didn’t  ....we all saw it the same way 

I suppose it is possible that you all misperceived it, but it seems unlikely.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suppose it is possible that you all misperceived it, but it seems unlikely.

We were behind it - it could be that he lost his balance without contact - I guess without a forensic set of replays we’ll never know conclusively 

Just highlights that cags is a little too excitable on occasions ....