Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

We simply have to get CL football if we're to sign these reported players. 1, because of finances, but 2, because the players will otherwise go to the clubs deemed bigger than us. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Only 1 year left on his contract surely won’t be that much? 

Perfect replacement for Hamza in the squad IMO. Combo between Wilf and Ndidi so could in theory cover for both and provides a different option. 

Combo between Wilf and Ndidi? ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

We simply have to get CL football if we're to sign these reported players. 1, because of finances, but 2, because the players will otherwise go to the clubs deemed bigger than us. 

Paramount we achieve CL football. Gaining it and then strengthening with Soumaré, Gosens etc would be fantastic for us.

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

I actually don’t think he’s a stand in for anyone. I think he’s a Maddison replacement. Different type of player but offers us something that we don’t have in the squad. Ball carrying ability from midfield. For me he would be the most important signing we could make. He plays like Yaya Toure. 

Hahahahahahahaa is this a joke?

6 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

Too much, even If he's "worth it". We have more important positions to take care of

Disagree, a suitable wilf back in needed. Also if he’s an energetic box to box which some have suggested we haven’t got one of them either. Other positions do need sorting though

23 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

Too much, even If he's "worth it". We have more important positions to take care of

If he ticks the boxes and he's attainable I think it's worth getting him in regardless. If we can bring £10m or slightly above for Choudhury then the net spend on Soumaré will be worth every penny. Factor in Gosens and Toney and we're laughing for next season.

We're going to need serious strength in depth if we want a decent campaign in the Champions League next season and to be in the mix for a top four place again (providing we qualify this season, of course).

Edited by ALC Fox

Surely Mendy would be moved on if this lad came in. I feel Mendy himself perhaps might want to move anyway regardless, so if this happens he'll surely be off?

Edited by psychonaut

5 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Surely Mendy would be moved on if this lad came in. I feel Mendy himself perhaps might want to a move anyway regardless, so if this happens he'll surely be off?

Mendy and Hamza will be moved on I reckon 

13 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

If he ticks the boxes and he's attainable I think it's worth getting him in regardless. If we can bring £10m or slightly above for Choudhury then the net spend on Soumaré will be worth every penny. Factor in Gosens and Toney and we're laughing for next season.

We're going to need serious strength in depth if we want a decent campaign in the Champions League next season and to be in the mix for a top four place again (providing we qualify this season, of course).

Net spend last summer , Chilwell out, Fofana and Castagne in was about 5 million. We got a small fee for Gray but even if we sell Hamza and Ghezzal we are going to need to up that by 50 million at least.

Right I've stopped laughing since I read he could be a Maddison replacement, even Gary Megson and Tony Pulis would be put off their tea at the thought of that.

We sign him and sell Choudhury. We sign Makuede or Faivre and possibly let Praet go with KDH slotting in for another CM spot in the squad. We'll sign a left footed right winger who is just as comfortable in an ACM role but we won't sign both a RW and an ACM along with Soumare.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Right I've stopped laughing since I read he could be a Maddison replacement, even Gary Megson and Tony Pulis would be put off their tea at the thought of that.

We sign him and sell Choudhury. We sign Makuede or Faivre and possibly let Praet go with KDH slotting in for another CM spot in the squad. We'll sign a left footed right winger who is just as comfortable in an ACM role but we won't sign both a RW and an ACM along with Soumare.

BB210220-C4BC-4F0E-931C-ABDEEBA6025B.gif

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Net spend last summer , Chilwell out, Fofana and Castagne in was about 5 million. We got a small fee for Gray but even if we sell Hamza and Ghezzal we are going to need to up that by 50 million at least.

Net spend was around £40m I think when we were last in the champions league

Move on Hamza and Mendy and have midfield options of Wilf, Youri, Soumare, Madders, Praet and KDH. Get Gosens and Edouard (i think Toney will be too expensive and no chance we sign him if Brentford go up) and then possibly another centre back and move on Benkovic. Sowah to come in as a wing option. A class right winger would be great as well but depends on what funds Rudkin will give us to use. Probably looking at around £60-70m for the trio of Gosens, Soumare and Edouard and can't see us getting much more than £20m for the players we could sell. Could we potentially sell Maddison to give us more spending power? 

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Move on Hamza and Mendy and have midfield options of Wilf, Youri, Soumare, Madders, Praet and KDH. Get Gosens and Edouard (i think Toney will be too expensive and no chance we sign him if Brentford go up) and then possibly another centre back and move on Benkovic. Sowah to come in as a wing option. A class right winger would be great as well but depends on what funds Rudkin will give us to use. Probably looking at around £60-70m for the trio of Gosens, Soumare and Edouard and can't see us getting much more than £20m for the players we could sell. Could we potentially sell Maddison to give us more spending power? 

That is a lot of deals which could theoretically be done but you can bet that each and everyone would be like pulling teeth. Transferring players gets harder by the minute (see the Fofana saga).

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That is a lot of deals which could theoretically be done but you can bet that each and everyone would be like pulling teeth. Transferring players gets harder by the minute (see the Fofana saga).

Yep but we have to strengthen the squad if we are to compete next season. Minimum 3 new signings needed 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

...you just know, our spend this summer will be dictated by where we finish this season!!!

The importance of these final games cannot be stressed enough, we move to another level with Champions League, we try again if we do not make the top four. It was said that the ladies team would have profited had we made the top four last season and it would be a massive boost to both teams if we manage to get where we want to be this season.