Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

19 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Soumare's got the profile of a creative player but doesn't set up goals and his defensive stats are underwhelming. I've not seen much of him admittedly but to me he seems like he'd be a lanky Mendy - which isn't what we need.

1195899778_Screenshot2021-05-06at16_41_47.thumb.png.1622eafbc3129f3f672230df11f85ea8.png

Sssshhhhhhh don't mate, fans just assume he's the bollocks

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If you think Soumare could play the Tielemans role then you will be in for a horrible shock. He's got the sort of creative stats that Nampalys Mendy has got, if not worse.

You can play the Tielemans role in different ways. The artistic / technician way is one, the other is through physicality and dribbling, think Patrick Vieira or Dembele when he was at Spurs. Tielemans primary role in our team is to get the ball up the field safely, IE ball progression and playing it into the final third. 

Riyad Mahrez, N’golo Kante, Wesley Fofana. All signed from the french league after extensive scouting. Ok Ghezall was a dud but was Puel’s mate so easy to understand. If we are willing to drop 35m on a french player, I personally bet that player is pretty bloody good and there’s something we know about them that others don’t! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

To be fair, I think Gosens coming in solves the wing conundrum as he’ll provide the thrust from the left flank that Castagne (and Pereira in the past) does on the right. 

Barnes, Maddison and one of Perez/Albrighton is good balance, I’m not sure a right winger is needed 100%, unless it’s someone who we are absolutely certain will up the quality of the team big time (as in get Barnes level G+A)

Not necessarily, if it’s 4 at the back, we could play a diamond with Maddison, or play Maddison and Barnes flanking Nacho or Vards.

I think as well, we’ve seen at times this season that even when just one half of the Wilf/Youri partnership is missing, gaps begin to appear in the middle of the park, both defensively and offensively - they won’t be available for every game next season and someone who can cover for both would be vital in making us more consistent, IMO. 

I think if Gosens signs the RW will be thr ACM that we seem to want to sign as well, someone like Makuede who plays either position. Likewise Faivre.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

You can play the Tielemans role in different ways. The artistic / technician way is one, the other is through physicality and dribbling, think Patrick Vieira or Dembele when he was at Spurs. Tielemans primary role in our team is to get the ball up the field safely, IE ball progression and playing it into the final third. 

Riyad Mahrez, N’golo Kante, Wesley Fofana. All signed from the french league after extensive scouting. Ok Ghezall was a dud but was Puel’s mate so easy to understand. If we are willing to drop 35m on a french player, I personally bet that player is pretty bloody good and there’s something we know about them that others don’t! 

I'd be astonished if we pay £35m, he has one year left on his contract. He's worth £35m which us why we target players with a year to go, we are then happy to perhaps pay a but more than others would with a year to go but still less than what we'd have to pay if their contract wasn't expiring. Like we did with Castagne. It's a good tactic.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be astonished if we pay £35m, he has one year left on his contract. He's worth £35m which us why we target players with a year to go, we are then happy to perhaps pay a but more than others would with a year to go but still less than what we'd have to pay if their contract wasn't expiring. Like we did with Castagne. It's a good tactic.

Agree with you there but I’ll take a signing as good as Castagne every day of the week! Point is our recruitment team is literally elite. The Fofana deal is the envy of the entire Premier League and even the big money clubs admire that signing. If they deem this player to be worth signing then I’m all aboard.

Perhaps it’s just me, but I get more excited about the unknown players we sign than the known ones unless they are ballers like Tielemans and fingers crossed Gosens! James Justin, Ricardo, Soyuncu in recent times, Ndidi, Kante, Mahrez, Vardy before that. Some of these players were a little known but no one could hand on heart say they knew they would be good, yet alone as good as they have been.

I do agree about the point you made about attacking players in another comment you made though! Need to prioritise that area even if this season Barnes, Maddison and Iheanacho all stepped up when needed.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we rate him, we rate him. Presuming we have the money for one moment, I think we'd pay it, just as we did with Fofana. At the time that money looked, lets be honest, ****ing bonkers. Now we're laughing all the way to the bank. If others are interested then we need to get ahead of the game and get the deal done, if that means paying more then so be it. Again, that's presuming we have the money, if we have a £60m budget and need 5 players, then it's not happening. 

To be able to get in ahead of other clubs we have to pay more than others are willing to pay for someone whose contract is running down. I don't mind that. 

Never seen him play but I hope he's a more box to box option, someone who can run with the ball. He seems the type of signing we do well. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Is he any better than KDH? 

As well as he's done at Luton I'm not sure he's fast enough for this level, maybe a loan to one of the promoted sides would be a good idea next.

• Like 2

Leicester rushes on Soumaré According to our information, the Frenchman's rating is at the highest in the Premier League where Aston Villa, Everton and Wolverhampton have come to the information. But all this pretty little world is largely left behind by Leicester City. This is not new, the English press has announced for a few weeks already that the Foxes had fallen under the spell of the former Paris Saint-Germain player. But according to our information, the case has accelerated in recent hours. A source close to the club told us that the discussions between Leicester, Lille and the player's entourage were progressing very positively. The different parties would even reach practically the goal, we were told. In addition, an offer, the amount of which was not filtered, was even formulated to the leaders of Lille. Between the title race and a possible transfer, Boubakary Soumaré, under contract until 2022, knows that his future will be played out in the coming weeks. Not enough to distract this true quiet strength!

4 minutes ago, dayday said:

Leicester rushes on Soumaré According to our information, the Frenchman's rating is at the highest in the Premier League where Aston Villa, Everton and Wolverhampton have come to the information. But all this pretty little world is largely left behind by Leicester City. This is not new, the English press has announced for a few weeks already that the Foxes had fallen under the spell of the former Paris Saint-Germain player. But according to our information, the case has accelerated in recent hours. A source close to the club told us that the discussions between Leicester, Lille and the player's entourage were progressing very positively. The different parties would even reach practically the goal, we were told. In addition, an offer, the amount of which was not filtered, was even formulated to the leaders of Lille. Between the title race and a possible transfer, Boubakary Soumaré, under contract until 2022, knows that his future will be played out in the coming weeks. Not enough to distract this true quiet strength!

Was that translated by a martian?

• Haha 2