Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I can’t see where he would fit though..... surely a player of his potential isn’t going to just be a Mendy replacement. 

Don't forget that IF we make champions league we'll have a lot of games next year. So it's really that 

Bit of a head scrambler this because I don't see us signing a DCM, ACM, RW, ST and LWB

I can see us going for an attacking midfielder, striker and left footed wing back who can play various roles. 

Soumare and a left footed right winger I could see come in but I don't see us going for an out and out winger if Gosens is a target. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Bit of a head scrambler this because I don't see us signing a DCM, ACM, RW, ST and LWB

I can see us going for an attacking midfielder, striker and left footed wing back who can play various roles. 

Soumare and a left footed right winger I could see come in but I don't see us going for an out and out winger if Gosens is a target. 

It is clear rodgers doesnt trust Mendy to cover for Ndidi or rate Hamza so i can see us definitley going for a CDM/Powerhouse CM. Then i reckon ST/LWB & Maybe a cheap young and up and coming RW?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shane said:

Spot on! I think Soumare could also potentially partner Tielemans when Ndidi is unavailable. In a back 3 system there is less of a reliance on having a midfield destroyer as we saw from Mendy's great performances early on in the season. Mendy/Soumare both have a similar defensive output so it'll be interesting to see who is picked when Ndidi is not playing.

He looks like a good hybrid between the two, which is why I imagine we are prepared to spend the big bucks on him.

I don't know about you, but I actually get MORE excited about the more unknown players we sign than the known ones. Fofana looked really promising based on his French Cup final appearance last season, but 32m for a 19 year old! Seemed a bit mental at the time. Literally 3 games into his career and everyone could see the boy was a steal. Our scouts also found Kante from watching French games too. Not saying Soumare will be that good, but I can see him being very good indeed. Looking at his videos, I can picture the role he would play in our current team already! That's why our scouting is so good, we don't just sign players, we sign players to fulfil roles we need. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

Ball carrying is his main weapon, but if you look at his other stats, he offers very little else.

I can’t even see him being a suitable back up to Youri. Youri averages more tackles, more interceptions, more goals, more assists and more key passes than Soumare does.

This guy has zero goals and assists this season. 

There’s players out there, who could offer much more, when either Ndidi or Tielemans are out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, frany104 said:

For me this is our most exciting link. He has everything. We’re crying out for a ball carrier in midfield. 

Him, Gosens and Edouard and we’re in dreamland. This could be a hell of a window. 

Mind you, last time I thought that we had a great opportunity to attract players we ended up with Slimani....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

At first blush yes, but I think IF we get CL football, 5 signings are more likely than not. I suspect they'd be slightly different to your five: CB, LB/LWB, CM (Soumare), AM/RM & ST. Percy seems to have confirmed three of our targets, and intriguingly, referred to our targets as 'including' those three.

Remember the wage bill will lose Morgan, Fuchs, Ghezzal, Benkovic, Choudhury & Jakupovic, having already lost Gray & Slimani. It's doable, just!

Edited by Steve Earle
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Ball carrying is his main weapon, but if you look at his other stats, he offers very little else.

I can’t even see him being a suitable back up to Youri. Youri averages more tackles, more interceptions, more goals, more assists and more key passes than Soumare does.

This guy has zero goals and assists this season. 

There’s players out there, who could offer much more, when either Ndidi or Tielemans are out.

He's Mendy but who can carry the ball forward. Reminds me of Lobotka at Napoli who revelled in the assist of the assister role at Celta Vigo. He was that hybrid of high octane running with and without the ball from a deep lying midfield role but wasn't getting the amount of tackles and interceptions as traditional DCM gets nor the goals and assists and traditional box to box midfielder gets.

I'd have to trust that his skill set would be unique to our way of playing as on the face of it he doesn't solve any obvious problems our team has to me.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's Mendy but who can carry the ball forward. Reminds me of Lobotka at Napoli who revelled in the assist of the assister role at Celta Vigo. He was that hybrid of high octane running with and without the ball from a deep lying midfield role but wasn't getting the amount of tackles and interceptions as traditional DCM gets nor the goals and assists and traditional box to box midfielder gets.

I'd have to trust that his skill set would be unique to our way of playing as on the face of it he doesn't solve any obvious problems our team has to me.

It’s a strange one and as you said yourself when he was first linked, he is the kind of midfielder that I’m surprised we’re going for.

It would be very harsh on Mendy, who’s proven numerous times that he can do a job for us. We’d still be very over reliant on Tielemans, especially in a creative sense.

We are missing an all round midfielder, who will offer us defensive solidity but can also contribute in an attacking sense.

• Like 1

Yes.

All the yes's frankly.

If the end signings are as good as the early links we'll be laughing...

But we've not laughed before when being linked to quality early doors. 

Remember sometimes we rock up with only £14 million quid and a kit-kat...

40 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The comparisons I've heard with Soumare are that he's a bit like Mousa Dembele.

That'd make sense. He was never a great goal scorer but still quite useful. Don't get why people would see something wrong with this signing tbh. Mendy will do as an ndidi backup but we really need someone to carry the ball well. Choudhury definitely ain't it and tielemans can't play every game. Kdh and praet more advanced and better as such imo. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I can’t see where he would fit though..... surely a player of his potential isn’t going to just be a Mendy replacement. 

I think we need deep cover. Mendy's last games he was bullied in the penalty area leading to goals. Imagine we need cover for ACON next year and situations where Brendan wants two deep pivots or in case Youri gets injured...

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

this article was from about 3 weeks ago. It doesn’t mean we are not interested though..

We've been linked multiple times. That one famous Italian journalist won't shut up about our links with him lol. Don't remember his name but it's clear we're very interested