Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Never seen him play (knowingly) but I can really see why we would go for him. He ticks so many boxes we're missing, height, strength, some dynamism from the middle to break the lines, can break up play, can pass it. 

Everything we wanted Choudhury to be 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think someone has mentioned it already in here before but the signing of Soumare could mean we move to a midfield 3 similar to Liverpool

Fabinho (Ndidi) in DM with Henderson (Tielemans) and Wijnaldum (Soumare) in a 2

Here's hoping we get Trincao

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Here's hoping we get Trincao

I think that could certainly be the way we go, having a midfield that is slightly less creative (without Maddison) but allows the wide players to do the damage

Ndidi doing the dirty defensive work, Tielemans "quarter-backing" from deep, with Soumare acting as a box to box - staying back when needed but also driving us up the pitch

We know we have the full backs and Barnes, we just need someone on the right wing like Trincao if this is the kind of system we are aiming for

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The money is mind-boggling considering we haven't wrapped up CL yet and this is a bit of a luxury signing

No, This is the exactly the type of player we need to improve the team but also to take us to to the next level.

If we're ever going to roll the Dice I feel it has to be this Window. As we're so close to a team capable of challenging for years to come.

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think that could certainly be the way we go, having a midfield that is slightly less creative (without Maddison) but allows the wide players to do the damage

Ndidi doing the dirty defensive work, Tielemans "quarter-backing" from deep, with Soumare acting as a box to box - staying back when needed but also driving us up the pitch

We know we have the full backs and Barnes, we just need someone on the right wing like Trincao if this is the kind of system we are aiming for

Would be an interesting option. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Fits our modus operandi of buying players ahead of losing them. This fella is an insurance policy for wilf

but if he improves and adapts quickly then we could move into a position where we can actually voluntarily sell wilf as our standard summer sale if we don’t secure European football for 22/23. 

Or Tielemans but good point and maybe the reason we're trying to get this done so early?

Maybe we go 4-3-3 like other successful sides in this league in Liverpool and Manchester City? A six man midfield of Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Soumare, KDH & Mendy?

It's a good strategy to pick up young quality players for good value even if there isn't an obvious route into the first XI as things can quickly change with transfers, form and injuries.

• Like 1

One of the criticisms aimed at this group of players over the last 2-3 years is, soft underbelly, too easy to play against, can get bullied. This goes some way to solving that.

Gives us the option to either rotate with Tielemans/Ndidi or play alongside them. 

Now for that dynamic left footed right winger

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

who creates these "welcome to CLUB X" videos ? are they ITK ? do they guess ? once one of these videos goes live doesn't it always mean that player DOES NOT sign for aforementioned CLUB X

I'm guessing they just repackage old videos they've made with a new title and new thumbnail.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

who creates these "welcome to CLUB X" videos ? are they ITK ? do they guess ? once one of these videos goes live doesn't it always mean that player DOES NOT sign for aforementioned CLUB X

probably the same one who recently put out a "Welcome to Manchester Utd" video for Fofana and Youri after Paul Scholes said Utd should sign them!

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

Another very good video

Looks promising from that but I’m not getting over excited as Under has been shite yet his Youtube video makes him look like the Turkish Messi.

Looks strong on the ball, powerful and likes to push forward with the ball. I like it.

9 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Looks promising from that but I’m not getting over excited as Under has been shite yet his Youtube video makes him look like the Turkish Messi.

Looks strong on the ball, powerful and likes to push forward with the ball. I like it.

Let's hope he's not this weeks Gosens.

#Leicester forwarded its 1st official offer for Boubakary #Soumaré . The 2 clubs are negotiating around a transfer of around 25M € . According to a source close to Losc, Soumare has even already given his consent to Leicester. Another English club is chatting with the #LOSC !#RMCsport

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3