Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would generally say not, but this article is co-authored by Tom Worville, so it has a little more meat about it.

Yea i did think that, but if Fabrizio and Wes are both saying it’s close then i’m gonna believe them over Rob

28 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Yea i did think that, but if Fabrizio and Wes are both saying it’s close then i’m gonna believe them over Rob

I did wonder whether Fabrizio and Wes were interpreting each other's tweets as confirmation that the deal is 'done' rather than 'close'? I can't tell whether Wes is acting like any other excited fan at Fabrizio news, or hinting at his own ITK knowledge with the emojis lol

This was the sequence of tweets..

19F35C7F-6D50-4C02-A109-365A4A43CB68.jpeg

0B4B58E1-1DA6-4650-95C2-A18BC6F2B5F7.jpeg

28DA0B0C-6066-4064-AFBE-FDE1C49D418A.jpeg

0022608D-3E45-4476-A7CB-64691908CCE8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Fabrizio has been bang on with us for several transfers recently... the last transfer story Tanner broke was Lineker leaving for Everton on the back page of the Mercury..

He's usually spot on, doesn't usually break the stories unless they're in the works 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Fabrizio has been bang on with us for several transfers recently... the last transfer story Tanner broke was Lineker leaving for Everton on the back page of the Mercury..

While there is truth in that Tanner is clearly now part of a much wider organisation, and while he it the Leicester man, he will have access to Leicester gossip from their whole network.  Which is large and expensively assembled.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

While there is truth in that Tanner is clearly now part of a much wider organisation, and while he it the Leicester man, he will have access to Leicester gossip from their whole network.  Which is large and expensively assembled.

That is true but he has been there since 2019 and I don’t think there has been one bit of transfer or club news that has first come from Tanner

What they have written in that article doesn’t actually do much to suggest the deal isn’t as far along as suggested elsewhere when you can consider the season ends next week

“The club want Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare and despite reports suggesting the deal is quite far along, it may not be until the end of the season that the club finds out whether their approach has been successful.”

51 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well that’s a little bit different to what I was saying... I was talking  about breaking the stories and being up to date. If two people are saying different things, only one  can be correct. 

I just think the news trickles much more slowly to Tanner than Fabrizio.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

That is true but he has been there since 2019 and I don’t think there has been one bit of transfer or club news that has first come from Tanner

What they have written in that article doesn’t actually do much to suggest the deal isn’t as far along as suggested elsewhere when you can consider the season ends next week

“The club want Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare and despite reports suggesting the deal is quite far along, it may not be until the end of the season that the club finds out whether their approach has been successful.”

Of course he won’t sign until the end of the season, he can’t. And the selling club will string it out as long as they can. Doesn’t mean a lot of the deal isn’t set up and ready to go.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Of course he won’t sign until the end of the season, he can’t. And the selling club will string it out as long as they can. Doesn’t mean a lot of the deal isn’t set up and ready to go.

Can agree deals to sign players whenever, could announce the deal right now if we wanted to (if it was sorted)

But I imagine Soumare and Lille are holding out to see if any clubs try to get involved etc. anyway

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

Hot bed for European talent now, to be seen as such is brilliant. Especially when you've got a bit of cash to back it up. 

It becomes self perpetuating as well, this is the thing the like of RB Salzburg, Dortmund and Co benefit from. When you're seen as a good destination for young players to help them develop their careers, it becomes easier to sign young players to develop their careers which gives you a reputation for... well, you see where this is going. 

It can only be a good thing. Players and agents alike will be looking at us as a prime location, if they see us as a stepping stone I'm completely fine with that as long as the conveyor keeps moving. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

It becomes self perpetuating as well, this is the thing the like of RB Salzburg, Dortmund and Co benefit from. When you're seen as a good destination for young players to help them develop their careers, it becomes easier to sign young players to develop their careers which gives you a reputation for... well, you see where this is going. 

It can only be a good thing. Players and agents alike will be looking at us as a prime location, if they see us as a stepping stone I'm completely fine with that as long as the conveyor keeps moving. 

And the big advantage we will always have is the PL factor. More prestige and more money means you can get to a point where players come and actually want to stay as they think they can win things and earn a hefty sum at the same time.

It's the lesser money in the Bundesliga that means Dortmund and Leipzig have to sell their best players. We're a way of that but it would be aspirational for us to do what they do and then use the PL bonus to our advantage.

• Like 4