Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Would you fvckers stop trying to sell Madders every time the young kid has a wobbly bit of form? Clearly an unreal talent. 

Never questioned his talent but he is certainly not a young kid. Its Rodgers who wants the mature,sensible Maddison to turn up.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Absolute King size midfield next season

Ndidi Mendy Praet Tielemans Hamza Soumaré KDH. Would expect one or maybe even two departures but that still looks really good.

Hamza and Mendy seem the obvious two. 

Brilliant bit of business this, for £23m.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Absolute King size midfield next season

Ndidi Mendy Praet Tielemans Hamza Soumaré KDH. Would expect one or maybe even two departures but that still looks really good.

Mendy, Praet and Hamza all likely to be on their way out. 

Manchester City check on 'new Paul Pogba' Boubakary Soumare with Leicester and Everton also interested in the £20m-rated Lille teenager

• Manchester City academy chief Brian Marwood checks on Boubakary Soumare
  • Marwood travelled to France last Wednesday to watch him play for Lille
  • The 18-year-old 6ft2ins midfielder has been dubbed the 'new Paul Pogba'
  • Leicester and Everton have both shown a strong interest in the Frenchman

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5294807/Man-City-chief-Brian-Marwood-checks-Boubakary-Soumare.html#ixzz54q8trLVM

Article from January 2018. Looks like we've been scouting him for over 3 and a half years. Impressive work by the recruitment team.

Edited by abdul_fox
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Rsswmu said:

My origin as a Leicester fan is way shorter than almost everyone on this board. As a English football admiring yank, I had always struggled to find a team to root for. Luckily for me I married into a family where my wife’s uncle was from Leicester and I began to follow Leicester in 2012-3. Followed all the games on shady sites and fell in love with the team. Knockaert’s penalty into the Deeny goal left me gutted but hooked.

It has been a wild ride but for us to be poaching a 22 year old starter off the probable Ligue 1 champs is something I didn’t ever see coming. Don’t know why but it just made me reflect on my short 9 years as a fan.

You got in just at the right time. Any earlier and you'd have seen a lot of dross (granted, August '08 - May '10 was pretty great at the time), any later and you wouldn't have got the full experience of our insane rise. 

I used to think I was so unlucky to support Leicester. I looked on enviously at teams like Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull, Southampton. I honestly doubted if we would ever make it back to the Premier League. That Deeney moment confirmed it to me as I sat distraught at my laptop, holding back the tears. Little did I know that was the final hurdle on our ascent to greatness! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Amin said:

You got in just at the right time. Any earlier and you'd have seen a lot of dross (granted, August '08 - May '10 was pretty great at the time), any later and you wouldn't have got the full experience of our insane rise. 

I used to think I was so unlucky to support Leicester. I looked on enviously at teams like Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull, Southampton. I honestly doubted if we would ever make it back to the Premier League. That Deeney moment confirmed it to me as I sat distraught at my laptop, holding back the tears. Little did I know that was the final hurdle on our ascent to greatness! 

I do consider myself very lucky to get in when I did. Wish I got to experience the previous 10 years would make now even better.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 21:53, An Sionnach said:

Never questioned his talent but he is certainly not a young kid. Its Rodgers who wants the mature,sensible Maddison to turn up.

Sometimes your posts are betwattling.   You give , in my opinion, a strong daft opinion about ditching Maddison.  Then you post this which reads as nonsense, claiming to know what Rodgers is thinking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, majaco said:

Sometimes your posts are betwattling.   You give , in my opinion, a strong daft opinion about ditching Maddison.  Then you post this which reads as nonsense, claiming to know what Rodgers is thinking.

Do you really think that Rodgers and Maddison don't have issues? There is no smoke without fire. Rodgers knows that Maddison is one of his most potent assets but he needs consistency. We have to assume that his injury problem is behind him. He is 25 this year and if he wants to cement his position in the team he needs to step up. And by the way I quite like the bloke he is intelligent and well spoken.

• Like 2