Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

13 minutes ago, NasPb said:

We've been linked multiple times. That one famous Italian journalist won't shut up about our links with him lol. Don't remember his name but it's clear we're very interested 

im just trying not to get too excited. I have been a bit disappointed with the last couple of January windows ( I want 10 signings every window!).

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 15:48, Dan LCFC said:

The comparisons I've heard with Soumare are that he's a bit like Mousa Dembele.

Would love that if true. Thought Dembélé was one of the most complete and underrated midfielders in the league. A cross between Tielemans and Doucouré almost. Would be a great understudy to both Youri and Wilf in the 2 holding rôles.

11 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Would love that if true. Thought Dembélé was one of the most complete and underrated midfielders in the league. A cross between Tielemans and Doucouré almost. Would be a great understudy to both Youri and Wilf in the 2 holding rôles.

...I would say more like Wilf with a better skillset!!!

You just get the impression that he could be a bit more than he shows and lacks the vision of a Tielemans, Dembele is streets ahead of him. He (Soumare) has a tendency to switch the play to the other wing but too much height cuts down the amount of time for the player receiving the ball. Soumare has good ball skills but tend not to know when best to release the pass, holding on to it too long. Perhaps coming here he could be coached to release it quicker and will be one hell of a player, at the moment just a good defensive midfielder.

32 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

If we get Gosins, Soumare, trincao and Edouard no reason not to aim for the title. We’d have depth/quality and ability to take players off that play every single mins atm. 

We would be a bit light at the back. :ph34r:

Serious interest in Soumare supports the idea that Praet will be gone next season.  Not the same skillset, but you need midfielders who are decent on the ball and they do share that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Serious interest in Soumare supports the idea that Praet will be gone next season.  Not the same skillset, but you need midfielders who are decent on the ball and they do share that.

Praet to me is a bit of a bits and pieces midfielder.

Certainly not a bad player at all but he's neither a CM or AM but something in between.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

He looks strong,  quite press resistant and will get us higher up the pitch with his bulldozing runs.

What not to like? Although he obviously will need time and development in  the final third decision making from the clips I saw anyway. lol

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

Praet to me is a bit of a bits and pieces midfielder.

Certainly not a bad player at all but he's neither a CM or AM but something in between.

...some people, before he came believed he was as good and potentially better than Youri!!!

If we play with two number eights he fits in but we do not do that too often.

He is a bit like fish out of water since he has been here and he deserves to be playing every week even if it's not with us.

• Like 1

Soumare won't be a replacement for Praet, unless the club consider KDH to be the more creative and attacking midfielder coming in to the squad next season. Sounare has about as many goals and assists in his career as Nampalys Mendy.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sounare won't be a replacement for Prawt, unless the club consider KDH to be the more creative and attacking midfielder coming in to the squad next season. Sounare has about as many goals and assists in his career as Nampalys Mendy.

...I see Soumare as a stand in for Ndidi!!!

He does very much what Ndidi does and technically better but he just does not tend to release the ball quick enough or look to put someone into space by picking a pass. You watch him take on and beat three or four players within a small area, but when he comes away from that he does not release the ball, having succeeded in dragging players out of position.He looks potentially very good and it is that aspect of his game which needs to be looked at.

His goal scoring and assist level is no surprise as he would be the player who assist the assister. 

As a three in our midfield he would be a massive boost and allows Youri to play his game and not be pressed, but this would call for a change of our preferred formation.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Praet a very capable midfielder. No need to sell!  You need depth ! 

He can make it very difficult for us to keep him if he chooses to.  I'm sure he's not keen to spend the best years of his career as a cup player, which also won't do his national team chances any good, when there are scads of clubs that would love him as a regular.

I actually don’t think he’s a stand in for anyone. I think he’s a Maddison replacement. Different type of player but offers us something that we don’t have in the squad. Ball carrying ability from midfield. For me he would be the most important signing we could make. He plays like Yaya Toure. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Nixonnnn

Only 1 year left on his contract surely won’t be that much? 

Perfect replacement for Hamza in the squad IMO. Combo between Wilf and Youri so could in theory cover for both and provides a different option. 

Edited by Foxes96