Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pittance in today's market. We're paying for his potential as well to be fair.

When your net spend over two years is £9m it's not really a pittance at all.

That said if he's the right guy and been scouted extensively (which I'm sure he has given the excellent recruitment department) then fair enough for getting the deal done.

I've seen quite a lot of him actually and he is a good player, interested to see how he develops in the EPL, he's got all the right attributes to succeed in English football.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah most likely the case. There's always an EPL tax as well I guess.

We paid €24m for Castagne, so I imagine Soumare will be around that, maybe slightly more with how highly rated he is and only being 22

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not quite, he’s a very different player to Wilf. More Yaya Toure type of player. Wilf is a destroyer, this guy is more of a Mendy style defensive player, but he has the ability to pick a pass and drive up the pitch. He’s very highly rated. 

By Mendy I mean he takes up good defensive positions, and reads the game well. He’s not the type of player like Wilf is to tackle and intercept everything. 

Yes he would complement wilf, play alongside. Soumare’s strength is ball progression up the pitch, apparently his stats in this area put him way ahead of lots of players in similar roles. But he has areas to improve. He is more like a bigger Drinkwater. 

Edited by Lesta Legend

8 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Plays Wilf's position doesn't he? >_<

kind of a cross between Youri and Wilf from what i've seen. Plays 2 man midfield for Lille with more of the defensive responsibilities but is a decent progressive passer from deep positions and can drive forward with the ball out of midfield as well (something we don't really have)

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not quite, he’s a very different player to Wilf. More Yaya Toure type of player. Wilf is a destroyer, this guy is more of a Mendy style defensive player, but he has the ability to pick a pass and drive up the pitch. He’s very highly rated. 

By Mendy I mean he takes up good defensive positions, and reads the game well. He’s not the type of player like Wilf is to tackle and intercept everything. 

Certainly the kind of player that is going to help us get the ball up the pitch

image.png.c29d5170223a68d15d387e5d18e18f04.png

• Like 4