Jump to content
Union FS

Union FS - Cup Final Tickets and Travel

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I think @Burmesefoxpost was more reasonable to be honest. Did you say you are in a box for this? Sounds like you and Rob might have a lady and the tramp moment over a prawn sarnie lol 

 

The argument that people who aren’t going would be more than happy to take the coach annoys me. I don’t think anyone is saying that when put with a choice of these travel arrangements or nothing they wouldn’t go. We have all bought tickets after being told it’s the only way we could see City in a cup final and that turned out to be a lie.

 

Its a lie that, as Burmese Fox puts above,  has made people’s lives pretty difficult.

 

On the subject of coach travel, can you not see that 3500 unallocated coach seating is going to be a mess at either end? Not a chance the last coaching leaving has 25 on it, I’d put money on it being full due to cock ups.

Interesting point there Costock. Can't see it being an issue departing Leicester as there's enough coaches to cover everyone, so in theory no coach will leave until it reaches its restricted capacity. 

 

I can however foresee chaos departing Wembley as people jump in mates car's or decide to head in to London. The more I think about it, the club must be using an electronic database to check people onto coaches. It'd be impossible otherwise at the Wembley end to account for everyone. I guess this is the point when we'll find out if the club truly has been mandated by the government as if people aren't accounted for surely they'll be hefty fines for the club. 

 

What concerns me most is how long the club leave it if people who don't show for the return leg. Don't want to be rocking back into Leicester at midnight because some knob led the club on a wild goose chase. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I see the "count yourself lucky you've been lied to by the club" brigade have found their second wind...

Count yourself lucky people are just disappointed they weren't able to pick up a ticket, and are a irked by those who managed to get one are complaining. 

 

However, I don't think we should continue throwing out that the club lied until we actually know. So far we have the club saying they followed Government guidance and a MP saying that what were doing wasn't asked of. 

 

Whatever the outcome, the situation and organisation has been significantly messier than it should have been

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Point one you mention what an MP has said.

 

So who would you believe, an MP or our club? 
 

I refuse to vote because politicians are full of lies. Let’s look at all the lies we hear from them over the years, the cover ups etc, then  look at our club and then decide who you would believe.

 

We are not whiter than white, I know that, but I would trust what our club said over a government official whatever way he swings. Red or blue they are all the same.

 

I am not having it that our club made all this up for profit. Absolute tosh. Also Man City had to have a certain travel arrangement and so I am pretty sure we would too.

 

Let’s look at the profit of the coaches, it’s not exactly a fortune, not worth telling porkies about. Also they give us Wembley packs and send them all out, can’t see they would do that and decide to deceive us.

 

Not having it one bit. Error of judgement on how it was communicated, but I would be sure we have to comply to travel arrangements 

I'd cut the club some more slack if they didn't have previous lying about ticket arrangements. The best example is them claiming that picking up tickets for CL games in the host city with photo ID was "mandatory". It is not mandatory at all, they just lied to everyone.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Count yourself lucky people are just disappointed they weren't able to pick up a ticket, and are a irked by those who managed to get one are complaining. 

 

However, I don't think we should continue throwing out that the club lied until we actually know. So far we have the club saying they followed Government guidance and a MP saying that what were doing wasn't asked of. 

 

Whatever the outcome, the situation and organisation has been significantly messier than it should have been

We do actually know because the club have admitted the claim that all LE postcode fans needed to go by coach was cobblers - and that they knew the real requirement was actually for a specified number of fans to be on coaches, not based on geography. They have accepted that. I give them credit for publicly expressing "regret" over it (sorry seems to be the hardest word, mind), but a lie is still a lie and LCFC still knowingly took a decision to lie to thousands of supporters.

 

I appreciate it may irk those who'd crawl down an M1 full of broken glass to get to Wembley tomorrow (though a lot of the "be grateful" lot on here seem to be actually going to the game themselves) that people are moaning over transport when ultimately they will actually get there, but at the end of the day these are issues that affect all fans. There's still the question of where hundreds of tickets went - tickets that could have gone to fans you mentioned - on which the club have not been transparent too.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit weird how ceaselessly some will defend the club and conflate criticising the ticket office’s piss poor handling as an insult to Top himself, as if this is a personal edict from the man himself. The club lied to the supporters and those who have been forced into travel arrangements that will inconvenience them or balloon costs further (those in the county having to pay more now to get into Leicester) are due recompense. And that’s from someone who doesn’t have a ticket. 
 

Also entertaining to note that a few faces on here claiming that £45 “isn’t much” and that folks “shouldn’t moan” are the same faces I’ve seen elsewhere on the forum claiming people should take more responsibility for themselves. 
 

I won’t comment on Bob’s weird North Korean propaganda piece. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

We do actually know because the club have admitted the claim that all LE postcode fans needed to go by coach was cobblers - and that they knew the real requirement was actually for a specified number of fans to be on coaches, not based on geography. They have accepted that. I give them credit for publicly expressing "regret" over it (sorry seems to be the hardest word, mind), but a lie is still a lie and LCFC still knowingly took a decision to lie to thousands of supporters.

 

I appreciate it may irk those who'd crawl down an M1 full of broken glass to get to Wembley tomorrow (though a lot of the "be grateful" lot on here seem to be actually going to the game themselves) that people are moaning over transport when ultimately they will actually get there, but at the end of the day these are issues that affect all fans. There's still the question of where hundreds of tickets went - tickets that could have gone to fans you mentioned - on which the club have not been transparent too.

Fair enough, I didn't realise that was the case. I knew we'd apologised but thought it was over the handling. I guess from the club's view they were concerned 3500 people would choose other methods of travel so specified everyone needed to. Below par and dickish but I understand why. Still unacceptable however. 

 

Ticket matter I was keeping completely separate, that is and will continue to be a farce. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely believe the club was between a rock and hard place.  This, is a government backed trial and you had to follow specific rules in order to attend and still do.  It was obvious as we are classed as the away team a certain number of fans would have to travel by coach as it was part of the trial, to see how many may contact covid after the game has took place.  It must have been stipulated to the club how many that figure was.  In order to do that a decision was made that all living in an LE postcode area would have to travel by coach in order to attend so definitely filling the criteria.  Once, all those numbers were covered others could then make their own way.  (trial event government/scientist led).

 

Lets also be honest in my job I have been home testing for covid for a long time.  Yet, confusion reigns here?  According to the club you had to attend a test centre in order to get tested.  There is no difference whatsoever when you get the results whether it be a lateral flow test or a PCR test.  (I have had both)

This was confirmed to me when I attended a centre yesterday for the test.  In fact the woman was amazed and asked the question but you could have done this at home it is the same.

 

In fact Wembley even says, a negative test must be shown to staff prior to attendance this can be done at home or at a test centre. 

 

Overall, I believe the club has done a good job in trying to accommodate fans needs and the stipulated government criteria.  After all we are the guinea pigs for future sporting events and they have done their best to follow specified government advice.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Overall, I believe the club has done a good job in trying to accommodate fans needs and the stipulated government criteria.  After all we are the guinea pigs for future sporting events and they have done their best to follow specified government advice.

Sure the club was put under some pressure on this but still cannot agree that overall the club has done a good job. The problem is 2 fold - the general inconvenience for people, but mostly that the club then changed the rules.

When they released the info it wasn't ideal but it was made clear that for people with LE postcodes coach was the only option and folks were able to decide if they were prepared to put up with it or not.

Then the club relaxed the LE rules. So now you've got friends and families split up, maybe some not even going because of how it was handled.

I'm sure there must be a few people from the same household being told to travel down separately - completely pointless.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I genuinely believe the club was between a rock and hard place.  This, is a government backed trial and you had to follow specific rules in order to attend and still do.  It was obvious as we are classed as the away team a certain number of fans would have to travel by coach as it was part of the trial, to see how many may contact covid after the game has took place.  It must have been stipulated to the club how many that figure was.  In order to do that a decision was made that all living in an LE postcode area would have to travel by coach in order to attend so definitely filling the criteria.  Once, all those numbers were covered others could then make their own way.  (trial event government/scientist led).

 

Lets also be honest in my job I have been home testing for covid for a long time.  Yet, confusion reigns here?  According to the club you had to attend a test centre in order to get tested.  There is no difference whatsoever when you get the results whether it be a lateral flow test or a PCR test.  (I have had both)

This was confirmed to me when I attended a centre yesterday for the test.  In fact the woman was amazed and asked the question but you could have done this at home it is the same.

 

In fact Wembley even says, a negative test must be shown to staff prior to attendance this can be done at home or at a test centre. 

 

Overall, I believe the club has done a good job in trying to accommodate fans needs and the stipulated government criteria.  After all we are the guinea pigs for future sporting events and they have done their best to follow specified government advice.

No its not the same process. Yes, the kit is exactly the same but it needs to be verified hence why it's conducted at a test centre. If this wasn't the case people would be taking swabs from their dog, rocking up with negative tests from months back just to get to see the game. I was observed throughout my test so 1) they know I took the test, and 2) that it was conducted correctly. The subsequent text message I received verifies that I tested negative. The flaw in the system is that tests are LTF and not PCR, as their accuracy is significantly lower. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve happily(ish) paid for our coach tickets but it would be much easier and cheaper (don’t want the £45s back) to not get the coach..... is there any risk of the match tickets being void if we do this?

cheers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

 Did you say you are in a box for this?

No. I'm not. It's a normal seat via a sponsor (which I'm incredibly blessed to get) on the other side of the ground to the posh seats.

If I had to jump through a hundred hoops to get to Wembley I would've done it. Would probably have sold a body part.

 

(Not blindly defending the club or anything, they got stuff wrong, they've admitted it, but equally I don't think they need to be lined up against a wall and shot.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would presume the tickets that are described here as "missing" were allocated to families of players and coaching staff, seats for non-playing squad members, and to staff members at club which depending on how far you go amounts to many. It quickly adds up particularly if there are multiple tickets per player depending on their family / circumstances.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I would presume the tickets that are described here as "missing" were allocated to families of players and coaching staff, seats for non-playing squad members, and to staff members at club which depending on how far you go amounts to many. It quickly adds up particularly if there are multiple tickets per player depending on their family / circumstances.

 

They look to have amended the coms now but Im sure they were quoting the 6k figure would be going on sale to supporters. So when a good chunk of that does not appear on sale then naturally questions are asked.

 

Totally get players will get a load, staff to an extent also. However staff family and friends getting them over fans is dodgey. A little more transparency would go a very long way.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a game of football and when the whistle blows and the game starts I'll be singing my heart out for 90 minutes as I always do. Call my support into question if you feel my anger about the coach situation is misplaced, I don't care!

 

Top and his family are beautiful people and the best owners we could dream of. I am certain he has nothing to do with this and I haven't heard a single Leicester supporter question his motives around the coach travel saga. So these FTers dreaming up reasons like "Top hate" to have a pop back at us moaners are reaching a bit in my opinion.

 

But I see no evidence that the powers that be actually did mandate anything to the club around the coach travel.  It was forced upon me at an unreasonable price tag and is a crap way to travel to a game. A bit of respect is needed both ways and in this case it wasn't given from the club to us saps who were misled. At the least, a simple, clear apology at the very least for this should be made from the ticket office and drop the bullyboy wording around cancelling tickets if we don't go by coach.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

No. I'm not. It's a normal seat via a sponsor (which I'm incredibly blessed to get) on the other side of the ground to the posh seats.

If I had to jump through a hundred hoops to get to Wembley I would've done it. Would probably have sold a body part.

 

(Not blindly defending the club or anything, they got stuff wrong, they've admitted it, but equally I don't think they need to be lined up against a wall and shot.)

Ah fair enough mate. Every single one of us would have jumped through a hundred hoops and more to go, which makes us pretty vulnerable to exploitation from the club.

 

I don’t think they have deliberately done it here, rather just a little bit naive in their wording on a press release. That said, from the post Rob quoted you can see how much of a ball ache just that naive mistake has made to people’s planning.

 

Agree with your above post though. Enjoy your day, I certainly will mine.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

“Supporters are reminded that they must travel to the final using the method of transport designated during their ticket purchase, to ensure that all match tickets are correctly validated for admittance to Wembley Stadium.”

 

Does anyone know definitively how this will be administered? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, John61 said:

“Supporters are reminded that they must travel to the final using the method of transport designated during their ticket purchase, to ensure that all match tickets are correctly validated for admittance to Wembley Stadium.”

 

Does anyone know definitively how this will be administered? 

Suspect it's not possible.

The condition of sale from the FA does not state anything about validation or travel method.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, John61 said:

“Supporters are reminded that they must travel to the final using the method of transport designated during their ticket purchase, to ensure that all match tickets are correctly validated for admittance to Wembley Stadium.”

 

Does anyone know definitively how this will be administered? 

No - Some people have said the club have told them not to worry about it, but others have said the club refused to confirm this. Realistically the tickets must already be valid for use otherwise they risk a huge balls up if something goes wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bart said:

No - Some people have said the club have told them not to worry about it, but others have said the club refused to confirm this. Realistically the tickets must already be valid for use otherwise they risk a huge balls up if something goes wrong.

The club genuinely don’t know the answer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are complaining because they don't want repeats, too. If everything that causes issues is brushed under the carpet, what's to stop it happening again and again?

 

Why does how well you do on the pitch mean you shouldn't question things you don't like or agree with?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m grateful for the opportunity to go, I never expected tickets to reach my priority. 
 

When taking the bus was the only option I thought fair enough. Given the choice I would have driven to Stanmore and took the tube just for convenience and the fact I wouldn’t have to wear a face mask for two hours each way. I know people do shifts wearing masks and I get it but I just don’t feel comfortable wearing one for any length of time without a break.  I’m growing a pair because it’s the FA Cup final! :chant:
 

What does bug me is the scarcity and vagueness of the details they have released since, pretty much all answers come from people contacting the club directly and passing on replies. It’s like they have taken such a kicking over their initial decision, they’ve just adopted a bunker mentality. I still remember horror stories of the club organised Athletico trip in ‘97. I feel a little wary, a bit of detail wouldn’t have gone amiss. 
 

The only way I could see the validation working, and I think it’s a total bluff,  is they physically stamped your ticket on getting the coach.  Then If you then turned up at the outer check at Wembley with an unstamped ticket and a ID with an LE postcode, they could turn you away. That’s not an option as they ran out of coach spaces and sold on a ticket only basis. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...