Jump to content
Mark

Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia

Recommended Posts

Can't help thinking what if Fabiański was Polands #1.  Apart from the Spain game when he was class Szczęsny was letting everything in. Obviously having a couple inanimate traffic cones in front of him doesnt help but still he should do much better 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

How do they decide who plays which 3rd place team? Crucial goal that one to give Sweden a great chance of a quarter final and meaning Spain play Croatia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020#Knockout_phase

you can scroll up a little bit to see the matrix of which group winner plays which 3rd place team

Edited by shen
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shen said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020#Knockout_phase

you can scroll up a little bit to see the matrix of which group winner plays which 3rd place team

Commentators seemed pretty confident Sweden would play Czech but that has them playing the Netherlands. Sweden play Finland or Ukraine? Great draw for them. With England 'potentially' playing them in the quarters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Commentators seemed pretty confident Sweden would play Czech but that has them playing the Netherlands. Sweden play Finland or Ukraine? Great draw for them. With England 'potentially' playing them in the quarters.

Depending on who finishes 1/2/3 in group F, that lower bracket looks extremely favourable for England. With the 1/8-final, SF and Final all being on home ground as well, it's really set up nicely for them.

Spain, Belgium, Italy, Croatia and two of France, Germany and Portugal will all be in the top half of the draw. Amazing really.

Edited by shen
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shen said:

Depending on who finishes 1/2/3 in group F, that lower bracket looks extremely favourable for England. With the 1/8-final, SF and Final all being on home ground as well, it's really set up nicely for them.

Topping the group was needed, got that tough one in the last 16 though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Topping the group was needed, got that tough one in the last 16 though 

Sweden have done England a massive favour by winning at the death.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shen said:

Depending on who finishes 1/2/3 in group F, that lower bracket looks extremely favourable for England. With the 1/8-final, SF and Final all being on home ground as well, it's really set up nicely for them.

I think whoever finishes second in group F will be pretty pleased. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think whoever finishes second in group F will be pretty pleased. 

They would indeed...! I wonder if that will be playing on the coaches' minds. If Germany play for a draw, then Portugal have to win to push Germany down to third. I wonder if Germany will be tactical about this...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, BBC really haven't done their homework, have they?

"So here's how it finishes - Sweden have won the group and will go on to face one of Ukraine, Czech Republic or Switzerland."

Except they cannot face Czechia or Switzerland, but could still play Finland.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Sousa Out!

Tbh I'd keep him. I doubt even the likes of Guardiola and Klopp would be able to improve this team enough to qualify for the World Cup. And even if they did that tournament would end in another embarassment just like this one. 

No worries, it's Poland we're used to be on the receiving end of the stick since middle ages. The Swedes were nice enough to let us score two so it shouldnt give anybody  flashbacks of the 17th century Swedish Deluge...Hopefully! lol

 

Edited by Chester Dontlie
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...