Jump to content
davieG

Average Player Ratings for the 20/21 Season

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-season-player-ratings-5515849

 

These are the average player ratings for the season from the Leicester Mercury readers.

 

Considering it was one of the best seasons in our entire history finishing 5th, winning the FA Cup whilst competing in Europe you'd think from those ratings we must have won nothing and finished mid-table at best.

 

Hard to please fans?

 

1. Fofana – 6.97

2. Justin – 6.91

3. Evans – 6.82

4. Tielemans – 6.78

5. Castagne – 6.77

6. Ndidi – 6.75

7. Barnes – 6.74

8. Schmeichel – 6.60

9. Under – 6.46

10. Vardy – 6.45

11. Soyuncu – 6.45

12. Mendy – 6.39

13. Albrighton – 6.36

14. Morgan – 6.34

15. Praet – 6.32

16. Thomas – 6.31

17. Iheanacho – 6.28

18. Maddison – 6.22

19. Ward – 6.18

20. Fuchs – 5.93

21. Ricardo – 5.85

22. Choudhury – 5.61

23. Amartey – 5.61

24. Perez – 5.51

 

@Mark is it possible to do the average ratings given on Foxestalk for comparison.

Its because we lost twelve matches . The ratings for the defeats were very low.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The psychology of how a LCFC fan will rate a player vs how a neutral fan does will be very different. 

 

I imagine a neutral would be less surprised by a home defeat to Leeds, for example, whereas a LCFC fan could be thinking that those are the kinds of games we 'should be winning' and rate players accordingly. 

 

Then there's the fact that LCFC fans have emotional attachments to pet or scapegoat players and neutrals don't. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Probably about right, even if not the scores themselves then definitely the order they're in. Castagne possibly a little too high for me, Perez too high as well. 

No chance Tielemans was our 4th best player this season. Streets ahead of most

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure Barnes should be as low as he is. 

The ones above him had great seasons tbf. Stiff competition down to Kasper. 

47 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No chance Tielemans was our 4th best player this season. Streets ahead of most

Yeah for long periods he was, but that's what we expect of him by now. JJ probably got higher marks for example as this was his breakout season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The ones above him had great seasons tbf. Stiff competition down to Kasper. 

Yeah for long periods he was, but that's what we expect of him by now. JJ probably got higher marks for example as this was his breakout season. 

Maybe but pretty telling how we struggled once he was unavailable! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-season-player-ratings-5515849

 

These are the average player ratings for the season from the Leicester Mercury readers.

 

Considering it was one of the best seasons in our entire history finishing 5th, winning the FA Cup whilst competing in Europe you'd think from those ratings we must have won nothing and finished mid-table at best.

 

Hard to please fans?

 

1. Fofana – 6.97

2. Justin – 6.91

3. Evans – 6.82

4. Tielemans – 6.78

5. Castagne – 6.77

6. Ndidi – 6.75

7. Barnes – 6.74

8. Schmeichel – 6.60

9. Under – 6.46

10. Vardy – 6.45

11. Soyuncu – 6.45

12. Mendy – 6.39

13. Albrighton – 6.36

14. Morgan – 6.34

15. Praet – 6.32

16. Thomas – 6.31

17. Iheanacho – 6.28

18. Maddison – 6.22

19. Ward – 6.18

20. Fuchs – 5.93

21. Ricardo – 5.85

22. Choudhury – 5.61

23. Amartey – 5.61

24. Perez – 5.51

 

@Mark is it possible to do the average ratings given on Foxestalk for comparison.

Ridiculous how low Iheanacho is. But they got Perez bang on. 

 

 

5 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

 

 

2D7268B3-D8AC-4991-95F0-12DD197C34D9.jpeg

Kasper 17th? Sorry what? Probably his second best season for us 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen Kasper near the bottom of a few rankings tables recently. 22nd or 23rd in XG conceded in the PL. Basically conceded more than he should have by some distance. Thought he had a decent season personally. 

Edited by sdb
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Babylon said:

And yet nobody in their right minds would suggest Vardy had a better season than Tielemans, or Justin, or Barnes. 

Stats sites go off set criteria though with goals and assists always rating highly for obvious reasons. I always check fotmob after our matches and single goal scorers or couple of assists almost always get motm even when tielemans ran the show.

 

Also fan scorings judge against what we know they can do imo, not just whta they did do 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Stats sites go off set criteria though with goals and assists always rating highly for obvious reasons. I always check fotmob after our matches and single goal scorers or couple of assists almost always get motm even when tielemans ran the show.

 

Also fan scorings judge against what we know they can do imo, not just whta they did do 

I know, that’s why I will always rubbish whoscored and their player ratings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Ridiculous how low Iheanacho is. But they got Perez bang on. 

 

 

Kasper 17th? Sorry what? Probably his second best season for us 

I don't have an issue with Kasper's rating. As @sdb posted, the stats suggest Kasper had a relatively poor season, especially by his high standards.

 

Yes, there were some memorable performances - the away match vs Burnley and the FA Cup Final (that second save is incredible) - but generally, he was below his best. He made a number of costly errors, for example against Everton at home and most gutting of all, the final game of the season. 

 

As well as conceding more than his expected goals, the other issue was his lack of command in the penalty area.

 

Based on what we know about Kasper, no one will be working harder to improve next season. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

We lost 12 league games + 2 Europa League games + 1 League Cup game. That's 15 losses. A lot of those losses were against very poor teams (Zorya, Fulham, Newcastle etc) the ratings given on those post match ratings were very low. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I know, that’s why I will always rubbish whoscored and their player ratings.

I do think it is. A good way of seeing if they did other things worthwhile.ie an assist worthy pass that someone doesn't score from... After all, goals win games etc. 

Nothing gives a total view but it's not normally far off. Or vardy then maddison then tielemans. But vardys and maddisons scores are higher with a goal/assist. Balance in this factors and it's normally tielemans in close 2nd/3rd with no goal or assist when he has pulled all the strings.

 

As long as you know how it works. Or Perez is still right near the bottom but not as shit as the fans think. So it also strips out the scapegoat factor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Perez 6.60???..

Has to be a typo!!

But balancing it out, fans in mercury said 5.5, so while he was still pretty much the shittest (only Kasper lower but perhaps didn't have as much to do most games considering where we finished), maybe he wasn't quite as shit (in terms of technical statistic contribution) than we thought he was.

 

Which I think is probably fair, still the shittest, but not as bad as we make out when judged emotionally (and largely against his ****ing extortionate price tag, and therefore early expectation)

 

I was going to compare those above him but they are mostly pretty close, just that Thomas is young, and Ricardo is just back from injury. One of the biggest differences is maddison, which again seems fair as he always irritated me a but, but moreso since the lockdown fiasco.

 

Plus in any average scores, it depends on people's natural bias for high or low scores so the absolute value means less on its own imo, and it's more about the comparison against each other, which as I said, is still fairly consistent.

Edited by gw_leics772
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...