Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

What happened to the Tim Davies thread?

It was blatantly obvious that it wasn't for real. I was looking at the posts in absolute amasement. Great hoax.

And so, Daviesgate rumbles on... Surely heads must role?

when i first saw the name timdotdavies i was suspicious, but reading the thread led me to belive it was him more than i did in the first place. but when i noticed he'd posted 14 posts in an hour no way would one chief exec of a football club sit at a pc answering questions on a forum unannounced. which made it a classic read. shouldnt have been deleted, should go down as thread of the year already!

I think its the fact that 'someone' actually used TD's to sign up to make Mr C believe it was the real TD hence he confirmed it. I know on other sites you have to comfirm its your email first before you are allowed to register, im not sure if that can be done on here but im sure Mr C is considering it now!

The perpetator has been banned now so thats another member plus the fake Tim Davies gone from the site, it was an hours worth of excitement that lifted people for a bit, I doubt the real TD would ever come on any message board now or would've anyway. Everyones gone back to their usual mardy arsed ways again I see :D;):cry:

I shouldn't be so complacent about the club not being able to sue us.

All LCFC need to do is email the company hosting this forum to complain, they could then decide it's a breach of their acceptable use policy and the forum gets shut down. No Court Action, No right of appeal, game over. Posting a spoof email with a user name of Tim Davies isn't going to get anyone into trouble, using his real email address is Bl**dy stupid and could well cause problems for the forum.

Simon

You gotta laugh though lollol

Anyone who had ever spoke to Tim via text, email, or letter, would clearly know that he was too gramatically correct to be the real thing.

It was a laugh, LCFC won't do nout about it, let's unban whoever it was, a lesson's been learn, and lets get on with life down south.

I think its the fact that 'someone' actually used TD's to sign up to make Mr C believe it was the real TD hence he confirmed it. I know on other sites you have to comfirm its your email first before you are allowed to register, im not sure if that can be done on here but im sure Mr C is considering it now!

The perpetator has been banned now so thats another member plus the fake Tim Davies gone from the site, it was an hours worth of excitement that lifted people for a bit, I doubt the real TD would ever come on any message board now or would've anyway. Everyones gone back to their usual mardy arsed ways again I see :D;):cry:

I have to say I was fooled after Mr C confirmed it was Tim Davies and it's clear most people posting at the time were.

To be honest I don't find it a particularly funny hoax, nor clever, just a little childish.

And as Katy says, if there were any chance of Tim Davies posting on this or similar fan's sites, then that opportunity is likely to have been scuppered. And that's a shame because it's clear that it gives the fans a boost and allows for more contact with those at the centre of our club.

Do you lot want a hand putting your toys back in your prams?

Or do you think you can manage by yourselves?

Didn't see the thread but am amazed that people fell for it.

I mean - come on.

:D:P

Wouldnt expect PP to fall for it

Edit: Quite clearly you didnt see the thread or would have known that Mr C confirmed it was him through no fault of his own.

This is so dull now can we move on?

I still wouldn't have believed it, but that's neither here or there.

It was a good idea, it was probably funny, I don't know I never got the chance to read it.

Plenty of over reaction though in my opinion.

You're right, it's dull. Move on.

:rolleyes: Mr Perfect

What the fock are you talking about?

It's not difficult to work out...

Saying I wouldn't have fallen for it doesn't mean I think I'm perfect. It means I'm not as gullible as most.

Sorry, but it needed to be said.

Well when the board Adminstrator confirms it, why shouldn't you believe it?

Stez, i love your sig.

Archived