Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

2 hours ago, Bert said:

West Ham are currently 2/1 to win away at Wigan tomorrow. Wigan are 7/5 favs. 

Decent odds I would say, very surprised  at West Ham's price. 

I would argue Wigan are the value there!

Good form, just beaten a PL side at home, loads of injuries for West Ham and I would imagine they play a similar side that struggled at Shrewsbury.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 12:26, Dan LCFC said:

I'm sorry to say it but I think Peterborough at 5/1 is a great price. It's got all the makings of an upset :(

Christ that's such a bad typo. It was meant to say "I think Peterborough to lose 5-1 is a great price"

• Like 1

Had some unbelievable luck this weekend. Had a treble of Wolves, Beitar Jerusalem (cheers Walkers!) and Liverpool. The former two won.

I had a tenner on it to return £73.

So Liverpool v Spurs gets underway. Half time and it's all going well.

But Spurs start to control the second half and I fear the worst. I put a fiver on Tottenham to score the 2nd goal at about 7/2. Wanyama smashes one in. I've at worst won £12.50.

Kane then gets that ridiculous penalty, I've effectively written off the bet, and incredibly he misses.

And then Salah gets a late winner. It's the perfect scenario. I feared the double whammy of Liverpool going 2-0 up and throwing it away, but it was the opposite, both were in.

But the game is that mad, I think to do something I hardly ever do. The cash out is £70. I'm not ruling anything out from here. I don't trust Liverpool to hold out.

The rest is history.

Most luck I've had in ages.

I've also gone on to turn that £90ish into about double that too purely on South American games, banking most of it in the process. Happy days.

Anderlecht 13/10 away at Oostende.

H2H, won 5 of their last 6 against them (including the last 4, and the last 2 away)

Current form for both is iffy, not won in the last 3 (Anderlecht 3 draws, Oostende 1 draw 2 defeats)

Anderlecht 3rd from top, Oostende 3rd from bottom. I've always found Anderlecht to be inconsistent when betting on them but they are still one of the best teams in the league and the odds are quite appealing

**** off

Edited by Walkers

OK...

ROM | Steaua (Sepsi H) 3/10

ESP | Cadiz (Lorca FC H) 1/2

AUT | AC Wolfsberger (St Polten H) 3/5

GRE | AEL Larissa (Platanias H) 5/6

All four of those look pretty comfortable home wins to me. Wolfsberger is a bit of a risk as that's the bottom two playing each other, but Wolfsberger are on 20 points and are nearer to the side 3 places above them than St Polten, who are on a pathetic 7 points from 23 games.

Steaua I know played in Europe in the week but their fixture looks a stroll.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

OK...

ROM | Steaua (Sepsi H) 3/10

ESP | Cadiz (Lorca FC H) 1/2

AUT | AC Wolfsberger (St Polten H) 3/5

GRE | AEL Larissa (Platanias H) 5/6

All four of those look pretty comfortable home wins to me. Wolfsberger is a bit of a risk as that's the bottom two playing each other, but Wolfsberger are on 20 points and are nearer to the side 3 places above them than St Polten, who are on a pathetic 7 points from 23 games.

Steaua I know played in Europe in the week but their fixture looks a stroll.

St Polten have lost their last 5 though, never a good sign to bet on a team who have done that in my experience lol Steaua can be a bit dodgy too at home to lesser sides. Platanias are a better side that the table suggests but I don't know if there are any financial issues with them at the minute. Larissa are a promoted side I think and their form is a bit shit. There can be some decent odds in the 2nd division of major countries like Cadiz.

I'll do some my own finds

Boca Juniors 1/3 (home to San Martin de San Juan) - best team vs mid-table team

Independiente 8/11 (home to Banfield) - noticed Banfield have been some very big odds recently for average sides. Club falling apart?? Form kinda suggests so anyway lol

Admira Wacker 6/5 (home to Aus. Vienna) - successfully backed them at 8/1 vs R Vienna & 3/1 at Wolfsberger last two games. A Vienna have potential but inconsistent

LASK Linz 3/1 (away to Rapid Vienna) - great form at the minute compared to inconsistent Rapid Vienna, have also got 2 draws away at RB Salzburg this season

Mouscron 8/1 (away to Anderlecht) simply because i'm sick of Anderlecht screwing me over against these sort of sides lol

*The top 3 sides in Belgian have not won any of their last 4 games*

Teplice 9/10 (home to Banik Ostrava, Czech Rep) Decent midtable side, unbeaten at home. Ostrava are recently promoted and bottom

Copenhagen 4/9 (home to OB) Copenhagen have been well off it all season, on the back of a trip to Madrid in the EL too. Good odds but certainly not guaranteed

Excelsior 6/1 (away to Heerenveen) both sides in indifferent form, 3 pts seperate them. 6/1 just seems a bit steep and they beat Vitesse 2-1 away last week

Monaco 17/20 (away to Toulouse) won the last 3, Toulouse are 16th

Olympiakos 5/1 (away to PAOK) never thought i'd see them 5/1 to win a league match lol does sorta make sense, they trail PAOK who sit top by 6pts

Benfica 1/3 (away to P Ferreira) decent odds for this league. The top 3 are light years ahead of the rest

Penafiel 5/6 (home to Real SC, POR Div 2) nearly went up last season and are up there this season too. Real are bottom of what otherwise is a very close league

Reus 4/5 (home to Sevilla II) Sevilla lost 9 of their last 10 and are bottom. Reus comfortably midtable

Edited by Walkers