Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coventry City

I shall be there (along with dad,bro and mate) as guests of Ricoh. I shall be wined, dined and then plonked into a padded seat, posh eh ! Will have to watch my language and you will be able to spot us jumping up and down surrounded by Cov posh fans (if that's possible) when we score.

Just a bit of advice, the main road around the ground gets extremely snarled up for an hour after the game as it is the only route out of the stadium.

In some ways I hope we don't sell many more than what we normally would. I love the away games, atmosphere, havin a laugh with the lads, drinking etc, every think about it I love. But when you go most games you get to know the regulars and we often all bunch together and get a brilliant atmosphere going. I think with the bigger allocation we'll get a lot of people going just because it's not to far to travel etc which in my opinion will make the atmosphere a lot worse. I'd be so pissed of I was given a seat infront of a couple in their 60's who moan everytime I stand like Derby a few years back.

But Hopefully if we only sell 3000 out of 5000, maybe no one wil stick to allocated seats and everyone that wants to get an atmosphere going will go to the back like nomal.

In some ways I hope we don't sell many more than what we normally would. I love the away games, atmosphere, havin a laugh with the lads, drinking etc, every think about it I love. But when you go most games you get to know the regulars and we often all bunch together and get a brilliant atmosphere going. I think with the bigger allocation we'll get a lot of people going just because it's not to far to travel etc which in my opinion will make the atmosphere a lot worse. I'd be so pissed of I was given a seat infront of a couple in their 60's who moan everytime I stand like Derby a few years back.

But Hopefully if we only sell 3000 out of 5000, maybe no one wil stick to allocated seats and everyone that wants to get an atmosphere going will go to the back like nomal.

I can understand your concern Teeno, but we took over 6,000 to Blackburn and I stood for the whole game, and we created a great atmopshere that day, so i'm sure we can do it against Cov :)

If you want to go to the game then go to the game, whats with the exclusivity Teeno? We are getting our tickets on wednesday, should be a great atmosphere however many people go.

If you want to go to the game then go to the game, whats with the exclusivity Teeno? We are getting our tickets on wednesday, should be a great atmosphere however many people go.

All I'm saying katy love is I'd rather be sitting with 500 Leicester fans who got a really great atmosphere going and we had a good old sing son etc (and I'm not talking about a kop type atmosphere, with the odd "come one Leicester") than sitting with 5000 leicester of which the whole can't be arsed to sing, stand etc.

Like at Forest away last season, the biggest game of the season one I'd looked foward to all season and within 2 minutes of kick of a had some mardy bastard behind me telling me to sit down, and I was surrounded by boring t**t's. Luckily There was room for me to stand at the back and it was great but for a game I'm really looking foward to I'd hate it if it was ruined by people who were at the game intent on not creating an atmosphere.

All I'm saying katy love is I'd rather be sitting with 500 Leicester fans who got a really great atmosphere going and we had a good old sing son etc (and I'm not talking about a kop type atmosphere, with the odd "come one Leicester") than sitting with 5000 leicester of which the whole can't be arsed to sing, stand etc.

Like at Forest away last season, the biggest game of the season one I'd looked foward to all season and within 2 minutes of kick of a had some mardy bastard behind me telling me to sit down, and I was surrounded by boring t**t's. Luckily There was room for me to stand at the back and it was great but for a game I'm really looking foward to I'd hate it if it was ruined by people who were at the game intent on not creating an atmosphere.

I understand where you are coming from Matt but from what you are saying you are hoping LCFC miss out on revenue just for the sake of atmosphere, which we are hardly in a position to do. A game is what you make it, let the ones who dont want to sing sit there thats their perogative. I sure the hard core will make enough noise regardless of whether people tell them to shut up or not - you know what they are like :P

I understand where you are coming from Matt but from what you are saying you are hoping LCFC miss out on revenue just for the sake of atmosphere, which we are hardly in a position to do. A game is what you make it, let the ones who dont want to sing sit there thats their perogative. I sure the hard core will make enough noise regardless of whether people tell them to shut up or not - you know what they are like :P

What am I like then Kat? :P

i tend to agree with teeno's views on this matter.

I dont think we will sell all 5,000 but i reckon we will sell around the 3,500 mark. This means people can go and sit up the back where the spare seats are and get a bit of banter going

can you buy tickets for away games over the phone via ticket office or do you have to go down to the walkers to purchase as ive noticed they cannot be bought online

I think they encourage emails and then they ring you back - thats whats happened to me a couple of times in the past anyway.

I think they encourage emails and then they ring you back - thats whats happened to me a couple of times in the past anyway.

ah ok cheers :)

by the way whats everyone doing before the game etc, i mean i know the area pretty well and theres not exactly many pubs near the groud, although the ones that are arent in the nicest of places

ah ok cheers :)

by the way whats everyone doing before the game etc, i mean i know the area pretty well and theres not exactly many pubs near the groud, although the ones that are arent in the nicest of places

I think we are going via the gift of Fox Travel so will probably hover around the ground until we are herded in - or do a bit of shopping at Tescos :huh:

i'll be going via mates renwot clio again. just hope his exhaust doesnt fall off this time! making a stop to bargain booze syston on the way £4 for 8 bottles of carlsberg! gonna be one hell of an easter monday running riot round the ricoh! EASEH!

Archived