Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

I think we all like football here, so you should all get on and read Fever Pitch if you haven't aalready. :thumbup:

Fever pitch is fantastic, as is the rest of Nick Hornby's stuff....

There is also some interesting literature on football hooliganism. Most of the memoirs are a bit cheap and just 'beat-em-up' tales, but for a better more academic perspective a good but accessible book is Gary Armstrong 'Knowing the Score'.

Ian Mcwean is a great author. Again pretty accessible stuff, but perhaps more 'high-brow' than Hornby (although I don't buy into critic snobbish attitudes to books).

The Sand, The Bucket and Me.

Very, very funny account of childhood camping trips.

Also just finished "The Room", an fictional account of a hostage from a child's perspective, written as if by the child himself, who is born to his mum whilst she is held captive by a guy who snatched her off the street in a random kidnapping. They are kept locked in a 12 x 12 room and their only view of the world is through a skylight. This is the only place the child has ever known and his entire world is the room. Until...