Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

18 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yes im going to get a few more of his  ...   the missus has read them both too and is half way through this one ...    she says it’s as good as the thirst ...

472C4802-58A1-4050-A315-5AF6F5B2183B.jpeg

Read a few of his books but didn't rate him.

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

He’s a great author but I try and stick to bestseller as opposed to from the bestselling author ...    only read books at this time of year so can’t afford any duds ...   let us know when you finish it though ....   crap endings really piss me off.

This is an old cover as my mum bought it on release so it couldn’t have been a bestseller :).

Will do, trying to finish it tonight before I go away as I’ve got a few Jo Nesbo ones to read as well.

10 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Noy far off finishing this, really good.

CF308721-3E2C-464A-92FD-50C003624FCD.jpeg

Did you watch the TV series? It was actually not too bad. Good role by the killer.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Starting Don Quixote next week.

I can thoroughly recommend it, Matt.

Interesting fact - I'm sure you already know this, but in case you don't, Quixote is the root of the English word quixotic.

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

I can thoroughly recommend it, Matt.

Interesting fact - I'm sure you already know this, but in case you don't, Quixote is the root of the English word quixotic.

I didn't and I will use that!

On 12/01/2018 at 17:39, Webbo said:

Read a few of his books but didn't rate him.

On 12/01/2018 at 17:42, Countryfox said:

Shes only half way through it mate ...   still time for it to go tits up ...    she’s my pre reader ! ...    :)

She liked it ...    but not as good as she thought it was going to be ...   

I got 3 Peter James books for Christmas a few years ago. I thought they'd spent a bit on me until they told me that Amazon had left them at their house by mistake so they gave them to me lol Really generous of them.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I've just finished David Mitchell's (no, not that one) 'Black Swan Green'. Enjoyable without being a must read - a  kind of coming of age tale with some lovely phrases, hypnotic passages and touching humour that manages, just about, to avoid falling into nostalgia cliches. Downside - a few plot turns are a little bizarre/convenient and that makes for an uneven read.

I'm prepping myself for Mitchell's 'Cloud Atlas' which I know divides opinion... and is a long read.

I'm on my 8th consecutive Jo Nesbo book. The first seven were all Harry Hole stories and all but one was very good, this one is a stand alone that has started well.