Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

absolutely the best film ever made (IMO) my new sig/avatar combo will be involving this film.

also:

empire strikes back

superman 2

king arthur

excalibur

life of brian

titanic :ph34r:

reservoir dogs

jack and sarah

the whicker man (micheal caine)

etc

Recently decided to sit on the other side of the church?

i was emotionally moved the last time i watched it! and i've heard the chicks dig a bit of sensitivity and all that jive...

APART from the fact its contrived bullshine of Hollywoods highest order, you are right...they seem to get em off qicjer than a 2 bit whore. :thumbup:

I just dont get it.... I like a load of other B&W stuff including Laurel and Hardy, the odd chaplin and Harold Lloyd, but they are just slapstick, Marx Bros is more "errodite" and "witty" but apart from Groucho the rest are just "fillers"??? :unsure:

Me too. I tried to watch Duck Soup, during Film 4's Marx season. This film is ALWAYS in critics top comedies choices... After one hour I still hadn't raised a smile... I just don't think I'll ever understand!! :unsure:

Watched Invincible earlier its about a part time bartender and full time Eagles fan Vince Papale tries out for the team during an open call, he makes the team in a complete twist of fate. Invincible is a story of Papale's career with the Eagles and his personal struggles and triumphs.

Thought it was rubbish, nowhere near as good as Remember The Titans.

Watched Invincible earlier its about a part time bartender and full time Eagles fan Vince Papale tries out for the team during an open call, he makes the team in a complete twist of fate. Invincible is a story of Papale's career with the Eagles and his personal struggles and triumphs.

At first I thought you were on about Palace :doh:

Remember the Titans is awesome! You should try Coach Carter if you liked that.

Best film Ive ever seen is John Q. Best performance from Denzel Washington in any film he's been in. Such a moving storyline and near the end you're guarenteed to have a tear in your eye. Some very powerful and moving scenes!

City of God

The Usual Suspects

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Airplane!

Naked Gun

The Incredibles

Anything by the Marx Brothers

Not a bad one among them, I adore the Marx Bros and Los Increibles has been stuck on repeat ever since the kids got it.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Wedding Crashers

E U :sick:

Please people - no one, NO ONE, go see the Ant Bully. :thumbup:

There was a poster in the toilets of Yates's about " what to do if snakes are on a plane" haha, made me chuckle.

Another gurrold classic that i like is -

Kevin and Perry go large.

"Been shopping ladieeeeeeeees"

Everyone should re-watch Cool Runnings....

What a film.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: "Get off me Sanka!!!" "Don't touch me man!!"

"Sanka, you dead?"

"Yeah mon"

:D

Kiss me lucky egg....

Cool Runnings is the only thing that makes me cry, I'm not lying.

A tear always comes to my eye at the end, especially when the German who provoked the fight in the bar starts clapping and Junior's dad pulls open his coat to reveal the t-shirt.

A cinematic masterpiece.

I just admitted that, unbelievable.

if anyone wants to watch a good film watch

requiem for a dream and igby goes down

they are both fantastic

I came on this thread to specifically mention Requiem For A Dream, I'm off to watch it now.

ACE.