Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Is it a sequel to Prometheus

Yes it is.

There's also a video short online that links the two films together in the 10 years since the disaster commonly known as Prometheus.

I haven't watched it yet but from what I've read, I know I will cringe in disbelief at this recorder scene.  As if the writing couldn't get any worse, looks as though they've struck comedy gold this time round.

With each successive entry into the series, it's making Alien 3 look better and better.  On reflection, after watching it a fair few times, it actually isn't that bad a film and some of the ideas in it are pretty clever imo.  Nothing will ever beat the original and its sequel though.  It's a shame that they appear to have binned this Alien film featuring Weaver and Biehn also.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes it is.

There's also a video short online that links the two films together in the 10 years since the disaster commonly known as Prometheus.

I haven't watched it yet but from what I've read, I know I will cringe in disbelief at this recorder scene.  As if the writing couldn't get any worse, looks as though they've struck comedy gold this time round.

With each successive entry into the series, it's making Alien 3 look better and better.  On reflection, after watching it a fair few times, it actually isn't that bad a film and some of the ideas in it are pretty clever imo.  Nothing will ever beat the original and its sequel though.  It's a shame that they appear to have binned this Alien film featuring Weaver and Biehn also.

The mistake they made with the Alien franchise after Aliens was thinking Sigourney Weaver was the star, when actually, it's the alien.

Would have loved it to have moved on to an older Newt. Going down the Earth Hive root (a series of books in the franchise) would have been great, if done properly.

6 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It's not exactly praised for it's acting, dialogue or original story line.

Doesn't stop me loving it.

That's because it's acting and dialogue are pretty terrible.

That doesn't mean it isn't highly hyped by pretty much most of the planet, including the industry, half of whom it inspired.

There's got to be countless Star Wars special editions of Empire alone. Critics really don't hate Star Wars.

I'd say something like Great Wall which got quite heavily panned when, actually, it was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be and was quite good fun.

It got accused of white washing which is frankly hilarious having watched it.

16 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Is it a sequel to Prometheus

I think it was set out to be originally, which would have been good but the the director instead turned it into anthother aliens film pretty much like the rest due to fan reaction to it not focussing around the Xenomorph.

Edited by josh_baskin

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

That's because it's acting and dialogue are pretty terrible.

That doesn't mean it isn't highly hyped by pretty much most of the planet, including the industry, half of whom it inspired.

There's got to be countless Star Wars special editions of Empire alone. Critics really don't hate Star Wars.

I'd say something like Great Wall which got quite heavily panned when, actually, it was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be and was quite good fun.

It got accused of white washing which is frankly hilarious having watched it.

Better answer then...

Cutthroat Island, a PROPER swashbuckler (unlike PotC) which runs the gamut of Saturday afternoon, popcorn, cliff-hanger movies with it's tongue firmly in cheek. A mindless romp through one of my favourite genres that rarely features. Never understood the hate for it, it does what it's supposed to do very well. It's not trying to be anything else and I've always enjoyed watching it.

Also Last Action Hero. It's a mishmash mess, but if you can keep up and get all the references, it's a barrel of fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Hacksaw Ridge earlier ...   riveting stuff.   8.5/10.

(Didn't like the ending ...   Mrs CF came home and whacked me one for eating her box of maltesers that she had been given for her birthday ...    should have hidden them better silly mare !!).

Guest seanfox778
On 15/05/2017 at 15:03, Trav Le Bleu said:

Better answer then...

Cutthroat Island, a PROPER swashbuckler (unlike PotC) which runs the gamut of Saturday afternoon, popcorn, cliff-hanger movies with it's tongue firmly in cheek. A mindless romp through one of my favourite genres that rarely features. Never understood the hate for it, it does what it's supposed to do very well. It's not trying to be anything else and I've always enjoyed watching it.

Also Last Action Hero. It's a mishmash mess, but if you can keep up and get all the references, it's a barrel of fun!

I love that film! The axe man used to terrify me as a kid. 

Guest seanfox778

I watched RockNRolla the other day, that was one of his better ones behind Snatch, Lock, Stock and The Man From UNCLE. 

King Arthur is one of the worst films I've seen in a long time - basically 'Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Arrows' with a ridiculous David Beckham cameo. World building and Jude Law weren't too bad but everything else was pretty poor. 

Off to see Colossal tonight.

On 30 May 2017 at 01:38, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Watching a film by Guy Ritchie called Revolver, I remember it getting a panning when it came out but it is almost the worst film I've ever watched.

Not guy Ritchie's best film, probally the worste!! On the other hand have you seen rock n roller, absolutely fantastic 

20 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Not guy Ritchie's best film, probally the worste!! On the other hand have you seen rock n roller, absolutely fantastic 

tumblr_mgu4mju4or1s2cdnto1_500.gif