Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 23/06/2018 at 23:05, Costock_Fox said:

I went last night, what the **** was that ending lol.

I’m not one to be laughing at horror films but there were parts of that where I was genuinely howling.

I know. Some of it came out of blue quite a bit and I left a bit disappointed that some plot points were set up and just dropped when they might have made a bit more sense. ****ing love Toni Collette though so it was worth it IMO.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

On my wishlist: The original, but new 4K version of "2001: A Space Odyssey", brought to you by Christopher Nolan.

If you're a 2001 fan you may enjoy this music video made using clips from the film.  I don't normally favourite youtube vids but had to make an exception for it, it's so well compiled and the themes and aesthetics of the song and images blend unbelievably well (and no it's not the overhyped Tame Impala clip).  My only regret is that the  5 and a half minute playtime isn't long enough for the amount of contemplation it provokes... even when you're not stoned:

Edited by Carl the Llama

The wife dragged me out to watch Ocean's 8 today.

Pretty poor effort really. Same old, same old and not a touch on Ocean's 11.

Thought Rihanna was easily the best character.  

And then good old James Corden arrives for a 10 minute cameo as an insurance inspector at the end just to completely ruin it.

Watched Annihilation last night on Netflix. Not the type of film for everyone, but I am still thinking about it. It was so ****ing creepy and interesting. Also Natalie Portman.

If anyone enjoyed Ex Machina, this is from the same director.

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Watched Annihilation last night on Netflix. Not the type of film for everyone, but I am still thinking about it. It was so ****ing creepy and interesting. Also Natalie Portman.

If anyone enjoyed Ex Machina, this is from the same director.

Watched this a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it too. Not the sort of film you can really nail down in a Netflix description and I hadn't heard anything about it beforehand, so I can see many people skipping past it like I did a number of times.

Tells an interesting story and it felt fairly original. Definitely worth a watch for anybody who enjoys sci-fi and is on the fence.

Did not realise they had released a cleaned up version of Robocop on BluRay, so got that today and it is just as good as when I first watched it back in the 80s plus it is not edited :D they really do not make movies like this anymore unfortunately.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Did not realise they had released a cleaned up version of Robocop on BluRay, so got that today and it is just as good as when I first watched it back in the 80s plus it is not edited :D they really do not make movies like this anymore unfortunately.

Had the VHS release back in the late 80's when I was barely 10. Still can't believe my parents allowed that to happen.

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Had the VHS release back in the late 80's when I was barely 10. Still can't believe my parents allowed that to happen.

Yeah Verhoeven loved his blood n gore, made some great movies though

Weller was bloody good too.

Edited by ithuriel

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

They are making a new Sonic the Hedgehog film

With Jim Carrey as Dr Robotnik!

:jawdrop::yahoo:

Fookin' buzzin'

Let's hope they don't use the Super Mario Bros film as a benchmark:

'The Stench of it Stays with Everybody'

I must confess I've never seen it, and it sounds like not many have.

Sounds fascinating though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Let's hope they don't use the Super Mario Bros film as a benchmark:

'The Stench of it Stays with Everybody'

I must confess I've never seen it, and it sounds like not many have.

Sounds fascinating though

I remember seeing that film when I was a kid, but I dont remember a single detail

Maybe it was traumatically bad.  All I can remember is an old and weary seeming plumber type and nothing more

Guest seanfox778

I used to love Super Mario Bros as a kid, it is a dreadful film to watch now but holds some nostalgia for me so I watch it occasionally.

Guest seanfox778
Just now, ithuriel said:

Wasn't Bob Hoskins in that?

Yes, apparently he didn't even know what Super Mario was. His son had to show him the game after he'd accepted the role.