Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 08/08/2018 at 11:28, Tuna said:

Watched Senna last night, absolutely brilliant, really had me emotional at the end, and I've no interest in formula one.

It’s a beautiful film about a remarkable man. You can see by the funeral what he meant to Brazil. The soundtrack is fantastic too.

Went and saw... Skyscraper

So, if you liked San Andreas (one of recent times best comedies) you will probably enjoy Skyscraper slightly less, well, i did.

Absurd story - (havent you people heard of "cloud storage")

5th Grade writing - (I was able to predict 50% of lines and 70% of overall story)

Standard CGI - Who doesnt love a 2 mile high building

Typical Rock acting (Lacked an eyebrow raise IMO)

all in all on a scale of chicken to telephone I give this movie a golden trident

Finally got around to watching, Ready Player One, I really enjoyed it, not only was it classic Spielberg but it was chock full of geeky references and Easter eggs, from sci-fi, Anime, the comics and horror.

Friggin brilliant :frantics:

• Like 1

Watched Detroit last night! A great true crime drama with a motown soundtrack that includes a big horror section in the middle that is very well done. Recommended.

Edited by zealot
typo

1 hour ago, The soup nazi said:

Watched Snowpiercer in America a few years ago. Still not rreleased over here, anyone know why? 

Holy crap I forgot all about that film. I watched it on my laptop literally years ago. It's weird as ****, quite good though, although a bonkers premise. 

It never got a major release because Weinstein asked the director to make a shed load of changes that he refused so it got canned. 

Standard Weinstein behavior really. 

It may have gotten a release over here but only at the likes of the phoenix if so, it only ever got a very arty distribution. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Oh, what could have been. I don't know who they could bring in now that could excite me in the way Boyle did. Maybe Christopher Nolan, but he likes having complete creative control too and usually spends about a year on the script before preproduction. What a glorious missed opportunity.

Watched England is mine last night. It’s about Morrisey and basically how he formed the Smiths with Johnny Marr. It’s a bit slow and moody but it was alright. Would’ve liked to have seen a bit about when the band was together. And no Smiths songs in it either 

6/10

Watched a few films on the plane on hols and back:

12 Strong - True story of US Special forces in Afghanistan after 9/11. Enjoyed it 7/10

The 15:17 to Paris. Another true story of how 3 US men thwart a terrorist attack on a high speed train. O.K. 5/10

Oceans Eleven again for about the 10th time. Still love it 8/10

Kenny - Documentary on Kenny Dalglish. A fascinating insight into the legend. 8/10

But the best of all was Fire In Babylon about the West Indies Cricket team of the 70's & 80's. Took me back to my youth. Brilliant stuff 9/10

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Watched a few films on the plane on hols and back:

12 Strong - True story of US Special forces in Afghanistan after 9/11. Enjoyed it 7/10

The 15:17 to Paris. Another true story of how 3 US men thwart a terrorist attack on a high speed train. O.K. 5/10

Oceans Eleven again for about the 10th time. Still love it 8/10

Kenny - Documentary on Kenny Dalglish. A fascinating insight into the legend. 8/10

But the best of all was Fire In Babylon about the West Indies Cricket team of the 70's & 80's. Took me back to my youth. Brilliant stuff 9/10

That's absolutely brilliant :thumbup:

• Like 1

Watched "A Quiet Place" last night. Decent horror film and worth a watch if you're into the genre, but nothing special.

A killers in the house sort of film, except the killers are sound seeking monsters which now apparently inhabit the earth for some untold reason.