Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 10/10/2018 at 00:14, foxfanazer said:

‘22 July’ coming out on Netflix tomorrow. All about the terrorist attack in Oslo by Breivik and him gunning those kids down on an island. Should be an interesting but uncomfortable watch

thought it was pretty boring considering what it was actually about. 

30 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

thought it was pretty boring considering what it was actually about. 

Yeah it seemed to be more about the victims than the actual attack. I’d watched a documentary on it as well so learned nothing new

Edited by foxfanazer

19 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Love a good horror movie. The one that sticks out to me the most and they made a remake of it a few years ago that was nothing like the original. It was a Swedish movie about a vampire girl called 'Let the right one in' (or something like that.) 

Not that i am that hipster enough to watch Swedish movies, but this one was really good, in a disturbing sort of way. 

I enjoyed that one too

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Bad Times at the El Royale - 7/10

Nice acting and a stylish film. Maybe 20-30 mins too long and the director is clearly a big Tarantino fan, not that that’s a bad thing.

Watched a few while away recently...

Calibre- Great film in Netflix about a couple of Scottish guys who go hunting and it goes to shit. 8/10

The Autopsy of Jane Doe- Alright horror but some shit acting. 6/10.

Seven- For some reason I had never seen this, absolute belter of a film. 9/10.

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Calibre- Great film in Netflix about a couple of Scottish guys who go hunting and it goes to shit. 8/10

Enjoyed Cailbre - agree with your 8.  I got the recommendation from someone else on here.  Haven't seen Seven for ages.  Will have to watch it again.

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How is that possible!! Got to be in my top 10 favourite films.

I’m usually a few years behind but on this occasion I’m a few decades. I didn’t realise it was about a serial killer otherwise I would have been all over it, such a good film.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m usually a few years behind but on this occasion I’m a few decades. I didn’t realise it was about a serial killer otherwise I would have been all over it, such a good film.

Glad I'm not the only one with a morbid fascination then...  I can lose hours watching documentaries on them. lol

On 19/10/2018 at 03:27, Costock_Fox said:

Thanks for the tip on Calibre .

38 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

15:17 to Paris. 

Don’t waste your time watching it. 

I watched this on the plane back from holiday in August. Managed to stick with it until the end but couldn't help thinking the story wasn't really feature length film material and it was only the last 10 minutes that really mattered.

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I watched this on the plane back from holiday in August. Managed to stick with it until the end but couldn't help thinking the story wasn't really feature length film material and it was only the last 10 minutes that really mattered.

I thought the same, I would have liked to have seen some more of what the film was supposed to have been about. 

A lot of pointless bits in the film that didnt need to be there, like showing them going around Europe. 

55 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

15:17 to Paris. 

Don’t waste your time watching it. 

Yeah, thought it was pretty crap. They are obviously heroes but not great actors. And there's nowhere near enough story to sustain a 90 minute feature film. 

No one seen Halloween 2018 yet?  Sunday evening can't come quickly enough.  

The musical score is brilliant from what I've listened to.  Should sound fantastic on the big screen.

Watched them all back again apart from 3, even though the original only was required!  5 and 6 are really bad, 4 is ok, but obviously nothing touches the original or the follow on.  

Halloween 2018.  

Go and watch this movie.  Absolutely brutal, intense, brilliantly done imo.  Halloween done right 40 years on.

If the 1978 classic is the best of the lot, this one comes as close as it gets to doing it better.  I'll need to see it again, not helped by fools chatting at the start, people coming in late (like over 20 minutes late), and a couple of distracting mobile phone screens.  If you're going to watch a movie, watch the ****er or get out!!!

Carpenters musical score has somehow managed to improve on what was near perfection from the 1978 original straight off from the opening credits.

There was some more light hearted humour in it but, by and large, when it really got going from quite early on, it just never stopped.  One scene in particular sticks out

the fence scene with Allyson

, coupled with the soundtrack, it was one of those classic horror scenes you just have to witness on the big screen.

Edge of your seat stuff by the end, really, really intense.  Great throwbacks to the original, some nice touches, a couple of twists thrown in, fast pace, it definitely needs a second viewing to fully take it all in though.

I give it 9/10 for now.  Possibly more on a second view.  It's the originals equal for sure.

• Thanks 2