Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Colchester at Home

I believe that the opposing team needs to agree if the game is to be a fans fixture. This could be wrong, but I'm sure that this was the excuse given before.

how the fock can colchester not be a fans fixture. it doesnt affect me a season ticket holder but i think indirectly it does because the game isnt as good when half the ground is empty. be lucky to get 19,000 for this. :(

We got 19,000 for Southend didn't we?

• 2 weeks later...

Wise words spoken by a wise man. Colchester isn't the glitzy, glamour fixture of the season for us by any stretch of the word, so I think they should have put this down as a fans fixture. Would have helped revive attendances a little I feel

I dont think the opposition determines which game will be a fans fixture but more the time of year. I remember in the final season at filbert street, the match against Derby was a special "Kids for a quid" promotion scheme.... worst £1 Ive ever spent I think! :(

It'd make more sense having fans fixtures, especially with attendances in decline. It'd encourage people to go down, as it won't cost them nearly as much, and, with a fuller stadium our team may actually decide to perform in order to keep people in there :o

It'd make more sense having fans fixtures, especially with attendances in decline. It'd encourage people to go down, as it won't cost them nearly as much, and, with a fuller stadium our team may actually decide to perform in order to keep people in there :o

good shout...adult £10 kids £5 the stadium would be a lot fuller.

good shout...adult £10 kids £5 the stadium would be a lot fuller.

I'd say so. People aren't willing to pay the asking prices to go and watch football as poor as what we're offering atm, especially against "lesser" teams. Knock the prices down a little bit for normal games, and even further down for fans fixtures (as you have done) and we'd get more people in, I'm sure of it.. It isn't rocket science, but our marketing team make it seem that way.

Colchester must fancy their chances.....

So must Hereford!!!!!!! <_<

Both quite true, and I don't think we have anybody but ourselves (as in the team, not me and you) to blame for other teams considering us as a joke and taking us lightly nowadays. We don't perform well enough, we can't finish, we can't defend convincingly, we get beat. It's as simple as that.

Archived