Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Aussie Rules (AFL)

• 2 weeks later...

They're having the stupidest season.

But despite losing heartbreakers and getting absolutely pasted, they're still in the top 8, which is more than I can say about a certain other team... :/

On 6/23/2017 at 19:29, Finnegan said:

Who decides and how do they decide how far a player can run with the ball without bouncing it? It seems a bit arbitrary.

When I first saw a bit of Aussie rules I thought broken field running a la NRL would be a major part of it but there's pretty minimal amounts of taking people on with the ball.

10 metres, then they must either bounce or touch the ball on the floor or dispose of the ball.

It's 15m in the rules, but the umps give quite a bit of leeway so it's practically 20. It's rare to see anyone get pinged for running too far (to me, anyway).

It also seems like they're also willing give more leeway to the players on marking, "paying" marks on kicks that don't look like they travel the entire 15m.

Archived