Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Leicester CM Diary

Riceyboy-cmdiary2.jpg

Welcome to the Leicester Championship Manager Diary thread

I have done this on the previous forum and what it involves is me playing a game of CM as Leicester manager and updating this thread with my progress. I'll inform you of every major event and match, aswell as posting screenshots and web pages charting my progress.

Will I get Leicester back to the Premiership where we belong or will fail to win promotion and probably my job?

You'll just have to wait and see...

Squad

See full squad here

I can't see me needing to bring in too many players, 2 or 3 I reckon. I'll look to offload the likes of Elliott and Scowcroft eventually as they are on big wages. I'll look to give experience to youngsters like Wright, Petrescu, Graham and Stearman at some point.

Finances

Balance - £2,360,000

Transfer Budget - £750,000

Wage total - £124,450

Wage Budget - £120,000

I'm going to need to spend what I have wisely because the club still has a £15m debt to pay off. Wages are ok but I do need to get rid of the high Taylor era wages so that I can bring players in.

Fixtures

Full season fixture list here

Some very difficult away games to start with espeacially West Ham on the opening day, Forest at the City ground on 13th Sept should be a cracker. We have a relatively easy end to the season so we have to make the most of that if we can.

Riceyboy-cmdiary2.jpg

Welcome to the Leicester Championship Manager Diary thread

I have done this on the previous forum and what it involves is me playing a game of CM as Leicester manager and updating this thread with my progress. I'll inform you of every major event and match, aswell as posting screenshots and web pages charting my progress.

Will I get Leicester back to the Premiership where we belong or will fail to win promotion and probably my job?

You'll just have to wait and see...

Squad

See full squad here

I can't see me needing to bring in too many players, 2 or 3 I reckon. I'll look to offload the likes of Elliott and Scowcroft eventually as they are on big wages. I'll look to give experience to youngsters like Wright, Petrescu, Graham and Stearman at some point.

Finances

Balance - £2,360,000

Transfer Budget - £750,000

Wage total - £124,450

Wage Budget - £120,000

I'm going to need to spend what I have wisely because the club still has a £15m debt to pay off. Wages are ok but I do need to get rid of the high Taylor era wages so that I can bring players in.

Fixtures

Full season fixture list here

Some very difficult away games to start with espeacially West Ham on the opening day, Forest at the City ground on 13th Sept should be a cracker.  We have a relatively easy end to the season so we have to make the most of that if we can.

look forward to seeing your progress mate.

is there a championship manager 04/05 out now?

No I'm using a data update http://www.cmsorted.net

CM 04/05 will be called Football Manager 2005 as stated in another thread.

how do u add these to the game do u go onto user data? or something else. what section do you unzip the files into? if you know what i mean.

Hpw much self editing have you done? For example Stearman is shit on CM 03/04, so I just edit him to close to wonderkid.

Hpw much self editing have you done? For example Stearman is shit on CM 03/04, so I just edit him to close to wonderkid.

I've done some self editing like updated all the transfers up 2 yesterday. I also tweaked Nalis's stats to make him a better passer and made Stearman more realistic (he is nowhere near a wonderkid though)

how do u add these to the game do u go onto user data? or something else. what section do you unzip the files into? if you know what i mean.

Download it and click 'Install' simple as that.

When I get to the dowloand page, do I want to open the file or save it on to my computer? If so where?

When I get to the dowloand page, do I want to open the file or save it on to my computer? If so where?

thats what i was wondering?

I sense your being sarcastic trickytrev so i wont look a fool and answer ;), but if not  :blink:

I know bugger all about computers. I am the quitissential computer fool. I can turn the bugger on and click internet explorer, anything else is beyond me.

So I was being serious, so help needed. I guess it is a case of :blink:

Save it to your pc and double click it - this will mean your installation will load up and begin  :rolleyes:  <_<  :ph34r:  :w00t:

where do i save it?

anywhere you want. i think :unsure:

well I dont want to put it somewhere where it could harm other stuff

13th July 2004 - Players start pre season training.

17th July 2004 - Martin Keown signs a year extension on his contract as player/coach.

19th July 2004 - Bids for George Boateng (loan) and Lee Carsley are turned down, Carsley joins Leeds on loan for the season.

19th July 2004- Pre-season Friendly - Crystal Palace 1-3 Leicester City

Good win to kick pre-season off Two Dion Dublin volleys and a Trevor Benjamin tap in secure us the game after going behind to the Premiership new boys.

20th July 2004 - Chris Makin joins on a 3 week trial.

21th July 2004 - Players begin positonal training i.e Goalies, Defenders, Wingers etc.

22nd July 2004 - Linked with Phil Jagielka in press.

23rd July 2004 - Pre-Season Friendly - Forest Green Rovers 0-4 Leicester City

Another good victory. Goals come from Matt Eliiot from a Connolly corner, a own goal, Chris Makin header on his debut from a Connolly cross and a David Connolly penalty.

Martin Keown brakes a rib in this match and will be out for 3 weeks ruling him out of the start of the season.

Sorry lads but in future can you keep things like CM help in other threads or start a new thread. I don't mind people discussing my game and things like that in here but too many posts make this thread harder to read for people who just want to see updates in the diary, cheers :)

Archived