Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

41 minutes ago, TheyCallMeMrCarbohydrate said:

Nico doing a Q & A through the club on twitter from 11:30 if anybody has a burning question they want to ask him.

I'd ask him about the out of contract players. Not on Twitter though.

41 minutes ago, TheyCallMeMrCarbohydrate said:

Yep. Seems to have been the subject on most people's mind. I wanted to ask him where he thinks his statue should be placed. I thought that sounded a little to sycophantic though. 

Did he have any answers? Probably doesn't know

On 04/05/2018 at 17:11, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

I almost feel like I'm dreaming with with us passing 250 and only 3 wickets down. I'm waiting for it to go wrong. 

On another note, I'm sure you guys will have noticed Marcus Trescothick score exactly 100 for Somerset. 42 years old and still better than most batsman around. Who knows how many more runs he should have got for England. 

Bizarre way to go about setting a target, shown no intent whatsoever... happy to hit a couple of singles and a boundary every second or third over. Why not have Raine or cosgrove during the Powerplay so we can at least have a chance of posting a competitive total? 

Not to make excuses for the batters but I think the pitches that they are playing on at home have been a bit on the average side this season. They seem to have been designed to be slow and hard to strike a ball on (for our guys at least) perhaps with the idea of playing two spinners. Whatever, it isn’t working at home and it’s time for the groundsman to leave his hosepipe going overnight on these  20/20 pitches.

14 minutes ago, matty2702 said:

Bizarre way to go about setting a target, shown no intent whatsoever... happy to hit a couple of singles and a boundary every second or third over. Why not have Raine or cosgrove during the Powerplay so we can at least have a chance of posting a competitive total? 

I agree, but we showed too much intent in the last home game against Lancs and we lost about 8 wickets for 40 runs.

25 minutes ago, TheyCallMeMrCarbohydrate said:

I agree, but we showed too much intent in the last home game against Lancs and we lost about 8 wickets for 40 runs.

...and I think that’s the reason we were so conservative tonight! Don’t seem to be able to get the balance right, which I guess is the nature of t20... good point though 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheyCallMeMrCarbohydrate said:

Not to make excuses for the batters but I think the pitches that they are playing on at home have been a bit on the average side this season. They seem to have been designed to be slow and hard to strike a ball on (for our guys at least) perhaps with the idea of playing two spinners. Whatever, it isn’t working at home and it’s time for the groundsman to leave his hosepipe going overnight on these  20/20 pitches.

You do realise both teams play on the same pitch....lamest excuse in cricket to blame the pitch, Notts got 199, Lancs eased to their target on a pitch where County should of got 180-200, Durham was an inept batting performance as was last night, T20 is a simple short game, Derby bowled far better than us.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

You do realise both teams play on the same pitch....lamest excuse in cricket to blame the pitch, Notts got 199, Lancs eased to their target on a pitch where County should of got 180-200, Durham was an inept batting performance as was last night, T20 is a simple short game, Derby bowled far better than us.

That’s a pretty good summary. Having scored ten off the first over, I think we managed about 35 off the next 7, so we were massively behind where we needed to be. Batters simply weren’t able to find the gaps well enough. Raine, who has played two excellent innings in the tournament, just couldn’t get going, neither could Delport. Actually Delport doesn’t get going enough for me. Derby varies their bowling well, but we simply didn’t work the ball into the gaps enough in the early overs