Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

21 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

That’s a pretty good summary. Having scored ten off the first over, I think we managed about 35 off the next 7, so we were massively behind where we needed to be. Batters simply weren’t able to find the gaps well enough. Raine, who has played two excellent innings in the tournament, just couldn’t get going, neither could Delport. Actually Delport doesn’t get going enough for me. Derby varies their bowling well, but we simply didn’t work the ball into the gaps enough in the early overs 

It looked a big boundary on the Milligan Rd side there should of been plenty of gaps to run twos but our running was also poor, it was probably a 170 par score, that said we’ll probably go and beat Yorkshire this week! 

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

You do realise both teams play on the same pitch....lamest excuse in cricket to blame the pitch, Notts got 199, Lancs eased to their target on a pitch where County should of got 180-200, Durham was an inept batting performance as was last night, T20 is a simple short game, Derby bowled far better than us.

Yeah. That’s why I said I wasn’t making excuses for the batters. I was merely suggesting they try something different.

Im sorry, but there must be a reason why we are batting like complete turds at home but not away.

Guest MattP

The Derbyshire bowling was top notch last night. I don't think I've ever seen so many yorkers bowled, even in the middle overs.

Our failure to adapt to it was pretty bad though. 

41 minutes ago, matty2702 said:

Need to get another away win tonight and then get that first home win Thursday if we’re gonna have a chance of making the quarters..!

The amount of away wins and home losses recently has been ridiculous.  

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Too many dot balls as well, Nabbi left a short pitched ball late in the innings which was inexcusable 

His innings showed a scorecard often doesn't tell the story either.

Described as "late big hitting" by someone on Facebook not there, anyone down there would have seen a top edge over the keeper and a inside edge past him for two of his boundaries.

Very Poor.

Why do we continue to produce awkward batting pitches when we go much better on a flat track?

Why do we persevere with pace when it leaks runs all over the place? We open with it and lose momentum immediately.

Why can't we seem to manage a dodgy situation by taking the ones and twos?

Why ins't Delport bowling?

7 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Very Poor.

Why do we continue to produce awkward batting pitches when we go much better on a flat track?

Why do we persevere with pace when it leaks runs all over the place? We open with it and lose momentum immediately.

Why can't we seem to manage a dodgy situation by taking the ones and twos?

Why ins't Delport bowling?

Well we haven’t done very well on this flat track!

Keep doing the same things and expecting different results, definition of insanity.

Look at Stonis and Milne tonight for Kent. Matchwinng overseas. Just not doing it our lot.

Delport is a waste of money. Think we have been pig headed over Pettini and Carberry. They are experienced English players. Been down the second rate South African route before and Delport does that with knobs on!

Edited by Cake
  • Like 1