Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

We also need some noise in the field. We go very quiet very quickly, Cozzy aside. A tough Yorkie is a good call. Except I see Leaning is from Bristol.... Looking at his stats he looks like someone who might benefit dropping into div 2 - although he might do that with Yorkshire.

Think Leaning is only Bristolian because his dad's football career took him there.  Came through Yorkshire's age groups I think?

Hopefully someone had a word with him at the 2s game last week...

• Like 1

Barker would be an excellent signing on paper, I find it difficult to see Warwickshire letting him go, does he no longer get a look in in the shorter formats? 

Certainly looks like another year of upheaval on the playing side, a lot of deadwood needs removing and significant signings required to make us competitive for a whole season 

11 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Barker would be an excellent signing on paper, I find it difficult to see Warwickshire letting him go, does he no longer get a look in in the shorter formats? 

Certainly looks like another year of upheaval on the playing side, a lot of deadwood needs removing and significant signings required to make us competitive for a whole season 

Understand Barker wants a 2 year contract Warwickshire only willing for 1 so could become available Sorry to see that Zak has joined Notts but at least Abbas signed up just waiting clearance from the PCB

Agreed regarding Zak. He clearly has potential, but 31 wickets over three seasons, the majority of which he has spent injured, has not helped us much. At least this allowed Ben Mike to make a pretty telling contribution in first two games.

Nico and his team have to try and find a couple of decent players who are both good cricketers and potential leaders, as I think that is what we are lacking.

23 minutes ago, everton carr said:

He was at the Notts academy until he was 16 left because dad Greg don't get on with Mike Newell

I know most people won't agree but I wouldn't have offered him a contract. Only because he is so often injured and to keep him he would have probably been out top earner. Can't afford expensive luxuries 

18 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Cricket needs transfer fees, if Notts want Duckett and Chapell they should be made to pay, call it compensation whatever you like, the smaller clubs could then reinvest the money into a new player or the academy 

I guess he was out of contract, but I assume we must have received a years salary for Raine as he wasn't out of contract? Think the Ecb give payments to the clubs that produce young players that go on to play for England but that certainly is no guarantee for Chapple.

think the squad needs some quality adding to it, especially in the batting department. now losing Chapple will mean we will need another quick bowler: personally i think the below players should be moved on:

Carberry

Eckersley

Jones

Klein

Pettini (not sure why he's not playing?)

R Sayer

Wells

its a little bit worrying we are not signing anyone while other clubs are already conducting business and getting stronger feel Nico is already up against it!

28 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

think the squad needs some quality adding to it, especially in the batting department. now losing Chapple will mean we will need another quick bowler: personally i think the below players should be moved on:

Carberry

Eckersley

Jones

Klein

Pettini (not sure why he's not playing?)

R Sayer

Wells

its a little bit worrying we are not signing anyone while other clubs are already conducting business and getting stronger feel Nico is already up against it!

All the above leaving apart from Carberry

3 hours ago, everton carr said:

No very much doubt he will play again but has another year left on contract

Shame really as I think he is a better bat than Horton tbh. Can't help feeling that could have been handled better. Well it couldn't have been handled much worse!

We can ill afford big earners sitting out the season like Pettini did this year.

10 hours ago, Cake said:

Shame really as I think he is a better bat than Horton tbh. Can't help feeling that could have been handled better. Well it couldn't have been handled much worse!

We can ill afford big earners sitting out the season like Pettini did this year.

Agreed was told by someone at the ground this week that after making a profit albeit a small one  for the last 3 years the losses could be as much as 340k this year very worrying if that turns out to be true

interesting too see who we will bring in to replace them? We have young players such as Dearden, Swindells, Mike & Evans but also very experienced players like Dexter, Cosgrove & Horton. i would like us to go after players who are about to hit there prime and help build a more solid squad to compete, especially with regards to quality batsmen.

Swindells will hopefully get a chance as keeper although I hear Rikki Wessels may be leaving Notts what a signing he would be.A bowling attack of Abbas Wright Griffiths and Mike with maybe Barker to come looks  pretty good. Could do with another batter coming in but on  paper Ackers Cozzie and Dexter if he stays looks good they just haven't fired this season