Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 05/12/2018 at 12:41, Cake said:

I don't think Khan has done a bad job, improvements on the pitch are visible. Nixon's appointment is positive. 

TBH Leicestershire need massive investment, realistically from a sugar daddy who isn't to concerned about making a profit, quite simply a profit at Grace road is not possible without subsidies. 

It's possible someone out there, in the business community will get on board. Happened at Hampshire and Somerset when they were on their arse.

Happned at City so let's hope! For the price of an average midfielder in the premier league you could change a County Cricket Club forever.

Reckon Top likes cricket?

How on earth can a professional cricket outfit be going into the season with only 1 recognised opening bat (Horton) in all 3 formats? Who's going to open in the T20 - Dexter and Lilley maybe?

Does anyone have any inside info on any batters coming in. However, judging by the financial dire straights I doubt it very much. On the flip side, this is the strongest collective bowling line-up for a long lond time. We'll just have to bowl teams out for sub-150 every match to stand half a chance!

3 hours ago, CoventryFox said:

How on earth can a professional cricket outfit be going into the season with only 1 recognised opening bat (Horton) in all 3 formats? Who's going to open in the T20 - Dexter and Lilley maybe?

Does anyone have any inside info on any batters coming in. However, judging by the financial dire straights I doubt it very much. On the flip side, this is the strongest collective bowling line-up for a long lond time. We'll just have to bowl teams out for sub-150 every match to stand half a chance!

Evans and Dearden are both opening batsman Cosgrove also used to open for Glamorgan.Unless Nico gets is wish and signs the sex offender can't see anyone else coming in apart from the 2 overseas signings for the T20

19 hours ago, everton carr said:

Evans and Dearden are both opening batsman Cosgrove also used to open for Glamorgan.Unless Nico gets is wish and signs the sex offender can't see anyone else coming in apart from the 2 overseas signings for the T20

I think Evans and Dearden are too raw for a full season, need taking out the firing line on occasions. Thinking back to the back end of last season, Javid opened and didn't do too bad, he certainly dug in. Could be an option.

2 overseas signings for the T20? One would be Nabi I guess, who could the other be?

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, baker11 said:

Delport has signed for Essex.

A little bit gutted we let him go. A real match winner on his day.

Does anyone have any idea which overseas players we may be chasing? I would be happy with Nabi again and feel he was really under-used last season with him coming in much too low down the batting order.

On 07/01/2019 at 11:37, CoventryFox said:

A little bit gutted we let him go. A real match winner on his day.

Does anyone have any idea which overseas players we may be chasing? I would be happy with Nabi again and feel he was really under-used last season with him coming in much too low down the batting order.

I thought he was poor, won us 1 game (actually this goes for both players) I expect more from an overseas and a Kolpak

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I thought he was poor, won us 1 game (actually this goes for both players) I expect more from an overseas and a Kolpak

Admittedly Delport wasn't great last season (but which batter was?) but over the previous few years he has won us, or at least put us in great positions, in games. Also, a very handy seam option.

As I said, Nabi was very much under-used and was left with  very few overs to do anything in almost every match. The match he won for us was only due to collapse so he managed to get in earlier!

46 minutes ago, CoventryFox said:

Admittedly Delport wasn't great last season (but which batter was?) but over the previous few years he has won us, or at least put us in great positions, in games. Also, a very handy seam option.

As I said, Nabi was very much under-used and was left with  very few overs to do anything in almost every match. The match he won for us was only due to collapse so he managed to get in earlier!

We do need some fire power up the order, can’t see us scoring more than 150ish in T20 with our current side!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, everton carr said:

Just 1 overseas signing for the T20 then by the sound of it dont rate our chances

Agreed. I was surprised to hear that.

I think the bowling looks decent.  

I see Chapple has gone straight in the Lions side. Took a few wickets

Edited by Cake

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that. They get huge crowds for those concerts 35,000 it says? That can't be right? Corporate is good there. Had a free day out there very good. 

Kent get massive crowds for their concerts also.

We are obviously doing something wrong.

No Grace road mind you. Did we officially make that loss? 

We made a profit the year when Elton John sold the stadium out. Other than that the accounts make grim reading. 

I suspect what holds back is the constrains on concerts in such a residential area. If you take the T20 floodlight games, I bet we have a restriction on evening events. 

• Like 1