Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Garnet Krugger. Kolpak Player. When will Leicestershire learn to bring the lads through the academy. I'd thought that Tim Boon had a brain. One of his main targets at the club when he joined was to bring the academy through gradually. He has only brought through Stuart Broad and Dan Rowe. 6 Overseas players in our team. 4 of them are Kolpak Players

:@

To be fair, if every other club in the league are using Kolpak players (which they are), it's difficult to compete against them without using such players ourselves.

If players are good enough, they'll come through the system anyway. Broad is a case in point.

And once he's fit again, he'll spend half the summer with England, so we'll need cover for him.

To be fair, if every other club in the league are using Kolpak players (which they are), it's difficult to compete against them without using such players ourselves.

If players are good enough, they'll come through the system anyway. Broad is a case in point.

And once he's fit again, he'll spend half the summer with England, so we'll need cover for him.

Yeah i suppose, but IMO, i think there should be a limit of Kolpak players. No disrespect to football, but we don't want cricket being raided by overseas players.

Top-of-the-table Nottinghamshire failed by 14 runs to make it five wins from six games in a thrilling finish to the rain-ravaged match with Leicestershire.

After two bold declarations by the respective captains, Notts were set a victory target of 377 off 91 overs.

And both sides will feel they could have won, with Notts cruising at one point at 311-3 only for them to lose five wickets for 50 runs in 11 overs.

It meant the day finished with the visitors 363-8 and the game was drawn.

Leicestershire will also be kicking themselves for not clinching their first Championship win of the season by twice dropping Australian David Hussey, who made them pay by hammering 79 off 65 balls.

Each time the unfortunate bowler was Daniel Rowe and the culprit Nick Walker fielding at point.

But the former Derbyshire seamer shook off that disappointment to come back strongly with a fine finishing spell of bowling that saw him claim the last three wickets to fall that wrecked the visitors' hopes of securing a victory.

Jason Gallian (60) and Mark Wagh (78) also impressed, but it was not enough as the game, perhaps justly, ended in a draw.

The day's entertainment was set up when the hosts batted on for just three overs in the morning before declaring on 114-3 to set up the chase.

For a 4-day county championship game this sounded an absolute belter.

i want nixon in the test and the one-day team but i dont think he will espesially with prior making an amazing start, but its more becuz peter moores played and was the coach of sussex ccc which is also the club prior palys for

I think its safe to say that....Leicestershire CCC have knocked Derbyshire and Durham off the bottom spaces as one of the worst counties. I hate to say it, but it looks that way.

Major changes are needed, and Mr Boon has do something about him. He promised big things at the club, and as the saying goes.."it's easier said than done". He has said it, but hasn't delivered.

C'mon though Derbyshire - i shouldn't be saying this - but are an ambitious club and look like they will be promotion contenders in the next few years, unlike Leicestershire who are still sitting on their arses and not moving forward. We brought in 2 overseas players who are useless (Amjad and Krugar) and lost out on Mr Twenty20 (Darren Maddy) What fools go and sell your best player to your rivals? He is inspirational player and it shows, he is very much missed here and we need him back.

Plus - we haven't won a game in the LV County Championship and it was nearly a decade since we won DIVISION 1! Now, we're sitting near the BOTTOM OF DIVISION 2. :@ We can't last 50 overs, and at a ground like Somerset, we can't get 200+. I don't like to be referring to Derbys' but they notched up a massive 800+. It's embarrassing.

I blame the Leicestershire CCC board for all this doing. :@

WAKE UP LEICESTERSHIRE! :@

It's the familiar problem - lack of money. Probably the reason why DM ended up at Warwickshire.

Unless we can get more members/fans (and not just for the 20-20 games), we're always likely to struggle.

It's the familiar problem - lack of money. Probably the reason why DM ended up at Warwickshire.

Unless we can get more members/fans (and not just for the 20-20 games), we're always likely to struggle.

Darren Maddy is working wonders at Warwicks. I got nothing agaisnt Jeremy Snape, but if Dazza was captain, we would've been fighting for promotion place. But the bleeding board are being selfish one again. How long can this go on until we lose Broady hey? :frusty:

Darren Maddy is working wonders at Warwicks. I got nothing agaisnt Jeremy Snape, but if Dazza was captain, we would've been fighting for promotion place. But the bleeding board are being selfish one again. How long can this go on until we lose Broady hey? :frusty:

Hopefully Broad will get a central contract, and then we don't have to pay him.

Maddy was offered a real piss take of a deal, from what I understand.

Yep v Nottingham. Looking forward to it. Will Broad and Nixon be available or will they be with the England Lions ?

Also what was our declaration all about yeserday ? Looks like it may backfire on us !

wha? wha? what!

Tevez and I will make an appearance at Grace Road.

I would like to think that we will make the Twenty20 finals again at Edgbaston!

How i remember that day. Second team to win the cup, beating Surrey in the finals. Magic.

We have dominated this tournament for four years on the trot, and i would like to think that we will dominate it this year!

Tevez and I will make an appearance at Grace Road.

I would like to think that we will make the Twenty20 finals again at Edgbaston!

How i remember that day. Second team to win the cup, beating Surrey in the finals. Magic.

We have dominated this tournament for four years on the trot, and i would like to think that we will dominate it this year!

We wont. Darren maddy is not here. :unsure: