Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Not sure I would have given a 3 year contract to an almost 26 year old with a batting average of 21.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Not sure I would have given a 3 year contract to an almost 26 year old with a batting average of 21.

Yeah, his stats don't look that great in any format...

He's a bit like James Vince to International Cricket, except Rhodes excels in the 2nd's and not County Cricket. Maybe a run in the team will see him be alright for you but if you're still struggling then I can't see him making a difference. 3 year contract seems very steep too

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Madness, though his wages can't be too high. Well done his agent.

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

He's a bit like James Vince to International Cricket, except Rhodes excels in the 2nd's and not County Cricket. Maybe a run in the team will see him be alright for you but if you're still struggling then I can't see him making a difference. 3 year contract seems very steep too

Another  Javid then by the sound of it

4 hours ago, everton carr said:

Extraordinary. Surely give him 2, and by all means if he delivers next season add to that. Very risky, and sadly in keeping with our somewhat dubious financial management.

Beyond belief. Just why really? 

Normally positive I'm sure people will agree but this is ridiculous. 

Like Javid again. 21 with the bat and 52 with the ball in FC cricket? At 25! 

Currently playing club cricket in the Midlands, Karl Brown, Chesney Hughes, Callum Haggert, Nick Welch and Adam Rouse. Club cricket they are playing take the time and look at their stats all way better than this lad!

At my son's club they play Rouse 200 quid for Saturday. If we can't do that finish it now. 

Jesus

Edited by Cake
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cake said:

Beyond belief. Just why really? 

Normally positive I'm sure people will agree but this is ridiculous. 

Like Javid again. 21 with the bat and 52 with the ball in FC cricket? At 25! 

Currently playing club cricket in the Midlands, Karl Brown, Chesney Hughes, Callum Haggert, Nick Welch and Adam Rouse. Club cricket they are playing take the time and look at their stats all way better than this lad!

At my son's club they play Rouse 200 quid for Saturday. If we can't do that finish it now. 

Jesus

Really can't imagine the guys any better then Rob Taylor Or Tom Wells tbh

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

Really can't imagine the guys any better then Rob Taylor Or Tom Wells tbh

Agreed. Just a very good club player I would say. That's all Adil and Javid are also. What would have been called Club pros! 

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Zak Chappell has joined Gloucs on loan should make his debut in the Sky match vHants tonight

The move should do him good, no wickets in any format for Notts (I think) he needs to get his career back on track 

Notts have really not been a great move for him. Too much too young.

Interesting that Derbyshire have just beat Worcs. The T20 qualification is anyone's bar Yorks and with Lancs already about through.

We really need to beat Derbys and Northants.

17 hours ago, everton carr said:

Zak Chappell has joined Gloucs on loan should make his debut in the Sky match vHants tonight

Seems to have gone bald end dropped his pace!

Northants losing tonight is bang tidy.

We really need a result tomorrow, and then for it to pi55 it down on Friday as that will kybosh Derbys, Warks and Nthants.

Incredible how tight this group is. Three points separate second and 8th, in the South three points between 3rd and 5th.

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Anyone coming up to Derby tomorrow? Shat it down all day here but hopefully it'll clear up tomorrow.

Nope will watch it on the box need to get Goodleman early in great form atm.Man for Man Derby are better then us in T20 but still  a very winnable match

• Like 1