Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

If you've taken all reasonable steps to prevent it then no it isn't but If you're stupid enough to allow someone to enter your house and kill you then it is indeed your fault.

The parents of Maddy as far as we can tell never took reasonable steps to ensure her safety so whose fault is it?

Muppet ;)

Of course they bear some responsibility, and they will live with that for the rest of their lives. You don't seem to be able to understand that this was not something that they could reasonably anticipate happening. Do you apply this level of scrutiny to your own decisions?

Of course they bear some responsibility, and they will live with that for the rest of their lives. You don't seem to be able to understand that this was not something that they could reasonably anticipate happening. Do you apply this level of scrutiny to your own decisions?

You forgot to call me Muppet ;)

Did you really just write that rubbish? :rolleyes: You are responsible for your own safety, but if you go to sleep tonight and someone kills you in your bed is that your fault? Muppet.

An adult is responsible for their own safety but you cannot rely on a 4 year old kid knowing what to do and what not to do.

I don't think you meant Hull Fox did you.

:nono: I thought Hull Fox had started the thread earlier because all I could remember was a comment of his saying he wish he hadn't done it in relation to this thread (I now know that he was talking about reading this thread as opposed to starting it). Apologies. :thumbup::blush:

i wonder if this would be the case if it were mr kalvin scroat and miss chantelle scrubber who'd had little liam scrubber-scroat snatched?

altho your right & this happens daily in certain other countries that is a completely different thread alltogether THIS is a thread to leave messages about & for madeleine & her family !!!

Edited by BigGibbo

i wonder if this would be the case if it were mr kalvin scroat and miss chantelle scrubber who'd had little liam scrubber-scroat snatched?

I felt exactly the same as I heard it while driving home last night.

And when I saw Beckham on the news.

altho your right & this happens daily in certain other countries that is a completely different thread alltogether THIS is a thread to leave messages about & for madeleine & her family !!!

no it isn't, it's a thread for discussing the issue. maybe i should delete all of allens posts? my post was not having a go at the family, it was having a go at the people who would care a lot less if it wasn't a pretty middle class girl.

Edited by stez

no it isn't, it's a thread for discussing the issue. maybe i should delete all of allens posts? my post was not having a go at the family, it was having a go at the people who would care a lot less if it wasn't a pretty middle class girl.

I agree with that, if was a poor girl from a family of chavs, everyone would try to brush it under the carpet. Something alot of people like to do about alot of issues.

I agree with that, if was a poor girl from a family of chavs, everyone would try to brush it under the carpet. Something alot of people like to do about alot of issues.
Not so much brush it under the carpet as publicly hanging the parents, in the metaphorical sense. The papers would have had a field day.

Two and a half ****ing million reward!!! Christ!

They should spend that cash on something more useful like shipping some experts from over here to track down little Maddy.

Its amazing that people constantly moan about CCTV being everywhere in the UK and that we have no privacy but when something happens we usually get CCTV to give us vital information on how to get the guilty party. Portugal can learn a thing or two on this one.

Edited by apexgeo

Its amazing that people constantly moan about CCTV being everywhere in the UK and that we have no privacy but when something happens we usually get CCTV to give us vital information on how to get the guilty party. Portugal can learn a thing or two on this one.

I've yet to see any CCTV footage where you can tell the difference between a criminal and a one legged camel balancing on a giant spliff.

In fact, if you were to smoke the spliff, eat the camel and climb inside a criminal CCTV footage might look a lot clearer.

IMO.

:thumbup:

More Info at N.O.T.W

Harry Potter author JK ROWLING put up a staggering amount — the largest single donation.

Topshop tycoon SIR PHILIP GREEN offered £250,000 and said: "I hope this makes a difference."

Virgin's SIR RICHARD BRANSON put up £100,000, saying: "I'd like to appeal as a father to whoever is holding her to please bring her home safe."

Everton football club chairman and theatre boss BILL KENWRIGHT was one of the first people to see pictures of Maddie wearing his club's shirt before they were released this week.

Mr Kenwright, who has pledged a huge personal sum, said: "If it helps towards the reunion it will be the best cheque I've ever written."

Footie chairmen EGGERT MAGNUSSON of West Ham and Reading's JOHN MADEJSKI both gave £10,000.

Ann Summers boss JACQUELINE GOLD donated £100,000, explaining she wanted to get involved after meeting Sara Payne.

SIMON COWELL promised £50,000

WAYNE ROONEY and fiancée Coleen McLoughlin pledged £25,000

England cricket team joined in with £20,000. Captain MICHAEL VAUGHAN said: "Our thoughts and prayers are for Maddie's safe return."

Entrepreneur SIR TOM HUNTER pledged £100,000 with EasyJet boss SIR STELIOS Haji-Ioannou and Matalan chief JOHN HARGREAVES chipping in with large sums too.

The difference now is that news can be transmitted globally in such a short space of time, most children are found with 24 hours.

Having a daughter myself that has only just turned 4, it chokes me to watch it. Everytime I see/hear about her I can feel my eyes start to water.

If the facts are correct her parents have made a mistake. All that matters now though is that Madeleine is returned to them, alive. Any charges they'll face for neglect purely pails into insignificance compared to the torment that they have had to live with for over a week now.

The longer it goes without any signs of information, the more you start to think, thet they'll never find here.