Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Questions to Mods

Is there any chance that all closed threads can all be deleted or if they have some importance, all put together in a new section?? The reason I ask is that its a little annoying to go to threads like the Transfer section to see 13 active debates and 11 closed from the page that confronts me! Bin the closed threads or sling them altogther please??

BTW Ive had a look and cant find a "Questions to Mods" section so if there is kindly delete and banish as mentioned above lol. If there isnt one, can we keep this here to ask you a question about the forum or maybe you can be like Dear Deidre to all us nutcases?? :thumbup::unsure:

Usually I just delete threads, tbh. But the reason we leave 'em there is so people can see what's been locked. The idea is they don't reopen the same old shit as they know what's happened. Unfortunately not everyone follows that logic. ;)

Usually I just delete threads, tbh. But the reason we leave 'em there is so people can see what's been locked. The idea is they don't reopen the same old shit as they know what's happened. Unfortunately not everyone follows that logic. ;)

Fair enough although it would be great to see the locked threads all on a different page to the active stuff.

If you use the View New Posts facility, when the search feature is active you'll hardly see any redundant topics.

In Transfer Talk - especially - we close threads when the trail goes cold. Closure indicates that this is the case, so people don't feel the need to post a "we've missed out on _____" topic in TT.

In other forums, if I close a topic, I don't delete it until people have had to chance to see that:

a) it was closed

b) why it was closed.

Showing everyone that a topic was deemed unsuitable and why, there's a better chance of people learning from it. It's more a general lesson than a PM to a single poster... everyone can learn from one person's mistakes.

The moderators on here are superb but I really, REALLY don't get why every single time a transfer rumour is completely dispelled, the thread is locked... I mean why? People might have more to say. And at the end of the day, if the rumour is dead then the thread will eventually die due to the fact that noone has any interest anymore.

At least leave it for a day so some of us can get a last word in. A forum is supposed to be about discussion and some people might well want to discuss the player even though we know we can't get him. For example yesterday when I saw that McIndoe had signed for Bristol City I wanted to come on that thread and say that I wouldn't have mind us taking a crack at him, and maybe discuss reasons for him leaving Wolves and joining Bristol even though I think there were bigger teams that might have taken him. I know it's not much but... would it really be to the detriment of the forum if you left em open? I hate to say it but I've never been on a forum where the moderating team have been quite so trigger happy on the lock function.

As I said, other than that the mod team here is one of the best I've seen on a forum. Let the flaming of me commence...

The moderators on here are superb but I really, REALLY don't get why every single time a transfer rumour is completely dispelled, the thread is locked... I mean why? People might have more to say. And at the end of the day, if the rumour is dead then the thread will eventually die due to the fact that noone has any interest anymore.

At least leave it for a day so some of us can get a last word in. A forum is supposed to be about discussion and some people might well want to discuss the player even though we know we can't get him. For example yesterday when I saw that McIndoe had signed for Bristol City I wanted to come on that thread and say that I wouldn't have mind us taking a crack at him, and maybe discuss reasons for him leaving Wolves and joining Bristol even though I think there were bigger teams that might have taken him. I know it's not much but... would it really be to the detriment of the forum if you left em open? I hate to say it but I've never been on a forum where the moderating team have been quite so trigger happy on the lock function.

As I said, other than that the mod team here is one of the best I've seen on a forum. Let the flaming of me commence...

if he's not coming to, or going to be any part of LCFC and you want to discuss the individual player, you can start a thread in general football and sport (or whatever it's called :ph34r: )

.... Surely that's more cumbersome than just leaving the original thread open?

not really. having threads running about players that aren't LCFC players, and aren't likely to be LCFC players, all over the place, makes the place rather cumbersome.

the LCFC forum and the transfer forum are for LCFC related players and discussion only.

as the thread is likely been closed, you can start a topic in the gen sport with a link to the closed thread.

Some of the discussions in Transfer Talk rumble on for a long long time before there's any closure. Look at the McLeod rumour, it's been done to death by every man and his dog - I'd be surprised if anyone had anything new and interesting to say once I shut that sucker down.

Our preference is to permit discussion of valid rumours regarding Leicester City. Rumours only.

It may seem a little arbitrary to cull a discussion once the player is no longer a viable option (because he's signed for someone else, or dropped dead perhaps) - but that's the way we see the Transfer Talk forum: for valid, relevant rumours only.

There's two primary causes of closure in that forum: first, the player has signed for us; second, the player has signed for someone else.

In the first case, we close the discussion down and move over to the Leicester City forum, once it's become official. To retain some level of consistency, we treat the other rumours the same. Personally - I don't want to have to trawl through the Transfer Talk and read - again - about what could've been. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in not wishing to have to read it all over again, in a forum where I expect nothing but current, relevant rumours.

That's the bottom (& official) line here - it's a rumours forum, but once the rumour becomes invalid, its place in the Transfer Talk forum is questionable - it's no longer current, it's no longer terribly interesting and so on.

Some of the discussions in Transfer Talk rumble on for a long long time before there's any closure. Look at the McLeod rumour, it's been done to death by every man and his dog - I'd be surprised if anyone had anything new and interesting to say once I shut that sucker down.

Our preference is to permit discussion of valid rumours regarding Leicester City. Rumours only.

It may seem a little arbitrary to cull a discussion once the player is no longer a viable option (because he's signed for someone else, or dropped dead perhaps) - but that's the way we see the Transfer Talk forum: for valid, relevant rumours only.

There's two primary causes of closure in that forum: first, the player has signed for us; second, the player has signed for someone else.

In the first case, we close the discussion down and move over to the Leicester City forum, once it's become official. To retain some level of consistency, we treat the other rumours the same. Personally - I don't want to have to trawl through the Transfer Talk and read - again - about what could've been. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in not wishing to have to read it all over again, in a forum where I expect nothing but current, relevant rumours.

That's the bottom (& official) line here - it's a rumours forum, but once the rumour becomes invalid, its place in the Transfer Talk forum is questionable - it's no longer current, it's no longer terribly interesting and so on.

No.

Next?

Same position on the forum.

Fair enough LWICD... wasn't really worth making a new thread on the McIndoe thing and was only mildly frustrating... now I've had an (I lie, I've asked this question twice... possibly three or four times. Ah well.) answer I'll drop it. Still, it can be annoying.

1. Do the Mods think that Robbie Fowler is coming to City, if not why not and what percentage of the Mods agree with the answer?

2. That is all.

Robbie Fowler looks for inspiration.

robbie_fowler_270.jpg

Leicester.....

4137.jpg

Or Sydney....

Sydney.jpg

It's a toughie......

Dear Mods,

Which is larger?

The mine of mis-information, hyperbole and exaggeration at Thracian's fingertips or the chip on Ultra's shoulder?

And could one be used to counter the other, in a freakishly beautiful (but obviously very ugly) symbiotic relationship of not only mutual benefit to the two posters but also to the relief of the foxestalk community as a whole?

Yours in hope, rather than expectation,

TPH.

Dear Mods,

Which is larger?

The mine of mis-information, hyperbole and exaggeration at Thracian's fingertips or the chip on Ultra's shoulder?

And could one be used to counter the other, in a freakishly beautiful (but obviously very ugly) symbiotic relationship of not only mutual benefit to the two posters but also to the relief of the foxestalk community as a whole?

Yours in hope, rather than expectation,

TPH.

they're the same mass, if any one gets greater than the other, the universe will implode. steven hawking sez so. the only answer is to plunge them into a white dwarf.

Archived