Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Questions to Mods

I don't see the point in having all these closed threads all over the shop - either delete them or leave them open. This half-way house thing sucks arse...it looks a mess.

Why don't you treat the little 'x' you see on a closed thread as a kiss? You should take what you can get in this world me ode!

:kissing:

I don't see the point in having all these closed threads all over the shop - either delete them or leave them open. This half-way house thing sucks arse...it looks a mess.

Any better now? The forums only showing the latest 7 days post, therefore all the most recent rumours are active. Danny will disappear in time until something new comes up, then we'll merge it with the original if necessary. :thumbup: / :thumbdown:

Any better now? The forums only showing the latest 7 days post, therefore all the most recent rumours are active. Danny will disappear in time until something new comes up, then we'll merge it with the original if necessary. :thumbup: / :thumbdown:

Looks really empty. Can you put them back as it looks like no one wants to join Leicester?

I made the call on Danny Murphy.

Since the rumour was that he'd sign today, and that obviously isn't happening, I thought I'd close it before everyone turns on KilworthFox.

If the situation changes in the coming days, it'll be reopened, of course.

As for the littering of locked topics, Closed threads tend to remain in view for a while then deleted later - particularly in the Gen Chat/Gen Sport & LCFC forums. They're left in full view of everyone so it can be seen why the topic was closed... then they're deleted later. Usually.

In Transfer Talk it's a different kettle of fish... topics are closed when a target no longer becomes a target (is signed or categorically agrees to stay put). They're then left in TT for all to see... it shouldn't bother you much more as TT's days are obviously numbered. ;)

I made the call on Danny Murphy.

Since the rumour was that he'd sign today, and that obviously isn't happening, I thought I'd close it before everyone turns on KilworthFox.

If the situation changes in the coming days, it'll be reopened, of course.

As for the littering of locked topics, Closed threads tend to remain in view for a while then deleted later - particularly in the Gen Chat/Gen Sport & LCFC forums. They're left in full view of everyone so it can be seen why the topic was closed... then they're deleted later. Usually.

In Transfer Talk it's a different kettle of fish... topics are closed when a target no longer becomes a target (is signed or categorically agrees to stay put). They're then left in TT for all to see... it shouldn't bother you much more as TT's days are obviously numbered. ;)

I just fear that McLeod will haunt us all the way through to the transfer window opening in January, without I hope of signing him as we have said we dont want him.

I just fear that McLeod will haunt us all the way through to the transfer window opening in January, without I hope of signing him as we have said we dont want him.

Until the McLeod transfer saga is settled definitively, it's going to stay.

Mandaric might have said we're not interested, but it wouldn't be the first time a chairman of a business told an untruth. Meanwhile, McLeod is still supposedly on the move or wants to be on the move or is wanted shot of. Until he signs for someone else or it's stated formally and officially that he won't be leaving MK, he's still a potential target. We did just ship out one of our strikers, after all...

Chin up... the topic will be canned by the 31st one way or another. ;)

Of course if another mod/admin tires of the topic in the meantime, it could be closed sooner rather than later... I am but one voice, one opinion, one mod. :ermm:

Why don't you treat the little 'x' you see on a closed thread as a kiss? You should take what you can get in this world me ode!

:kissing:

I'm feeling uncomfortable. And flushed. :unsure:

I've put it back now.

Daggers - you can alter the forum settings yourself if you don't like the f_closed.gif's :cool:

I never saw that option before.

Peace has descended on Plaza Daggers :D

Apologies if this has been asked / answered before, but noticing the "where do you want to be by Xmas" topic was closed, thought it might be an idea if Mods were the last poster explaining to newbies WHY it has been closed :dunno:

I know but I'm being helpful for once.

It just might stop a few starting more crap ones..

Newbies would just go ahead and post a thread without looking to see if it had already been done.

If you mean a mod/admin tell us in the thread as to why it was closed, I doubt it'd work.

If you get me.

Newbies would just go ahead and post a thread without looking to see if it had already been done.

If you mean a mod/admin tell us in the thread as to why it was closed, I doubt it'd work.

If you get me.

Yeah, I get you.

Oh well, no more Mr. Nice Guy.

I know but I'm being helpful for once.

It just might stop a few starting more crap ones..

I share this view and advocated the posting of reasons in closed topics.

It was I who happened to close this particular topic... I was in a hurry and didn't bother/have time to post a reason for it. Besides, that allowed another mod to overrule me if they thought the topic wasn't as bad as I thought it was. :unsure:

If you get me.

As I said... I tend to post a reason when/if I close a topic. It's not terribly effective, but it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I do it. :ermm:

Is there any way we can make the Moderator's life easier? :D:D:):P

Yeah... encourage people to stop posting bollocks. :D

Archived