Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

37 minutes ago, Buce said:

594a0cbaea4f8_Getajobhippie.jpg.d68dc8b8861381127799cf21a60fb887.jpg

I always worried that his beard expressed degenerate tendencies.

All the world is in flux. Strokes has turned against the Tories. Jon the Hat is a New Age Traveller in a field in Wiltshire, beating out rhythms on a tom-tom to salute the sunrise.

Thankfully, we still have MattP and Webbo as pillars of rectitude to guide us on the path to righteousness.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

going on a date in a bit an all I can think of is 

"it's too hot I can't date under these conditions" 

Quite right, you need to cancel, very sensible, it's far too hot ....    Let me know her name and number and I'll let her know ...   ;)  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

date went well fella man despite the heat 

woooo and the heat goes onnnnnnn etc 

Did you both get rid of the awkwardness right away by acknowledging the giant elephant in the room (heat) and decide to do a naked date. Surely was the right decision?

I am so fvcked off :mad:

Today I'd been invited to play in a corporate golf day at Walton Heath in Surrey. That won't mean anything to the 'non golfers' on here, but those who do play will know it's one of the best courses in England and about £200 a round.

I've been looking forward to it for weeks. Got all my gear ready last night, ironed my stuff, cleaned my clubs - all ready for the big one.

Got up at 5.00 ready to be collected at 6.30 by my 'mate' who invited me, to find a text and e-mail from him saying he's ill and can't make it :rolleyes:

It's not as if I can still go down on my own as I'm a guest of his company, so I'm screwed.

I'm sure he really is ill and it's just one of those things - but I'm still fvckin fuming anyway. Gutted... 

On 6/13/2017 at 07:10, BoyJones said:

Had a very interesting half day at Bletchley Park. 

Can't believe 9000 people worked there at final crucial period. So bloody clever and intelligent, you can't help feeling we will never be so adept at problem solving again. Everything is done for us now.

I knew the story but still got emotional when it came to the two sailors, in their early 20's, one English, one Scot, who sacrificed their lives to swim to a sinking U Boat to search for enigma codes / documentation. They could have got out but went back for more to pass on to the third sailor, a 16 year old, who just survived. 30 seconds later and they might have got out, but the sub just suddenly sank to the bottom. 

Three weeks later and the code books etc were at Bletchley and helped crack more of the code. Saved maybe millions of lives by cutting short the war. On average 10m people died each year of the war.

The 16 year old was discharged from the navy and sent home, because even in those days you had to be 17 to enlist in the navy. He had lied and joined at 15. 

To jump from your ship and swim in the ocean to a sinking enemy submarine, just mind blowing. 

Getting back to the key code breakers, Turing et al, massive respect, basically unbelievable what they did. 

If you get the chance to go, do it, you won't regret it. 

One of the best day outs ive done

37 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's my girlfriend's 30th birthday and daughters 2nd birthday today so it's a busy one! 

Taking the little one to cbeebies land at Alton Towers which she'll love (hopefully) and then off out for a meal tonight

dont get the presents mixed up, that could be embarrasing 

On 2017-6-22 at 05:40, Izzy Muzzett said:

I am so fvcked off :mad:

Today I'd been invited to play in a corporate golf day at Walton Heath in Surrey. That won't mean anything to the 'non golfers' on here, but those who do play will know it's one of the best courses in England and about £200 a round.

I've been looking forward to it for weeks. Got all my gear ready last night, ironed my stuff, cleaned my clubs - all ready for the big one.

Got up at 5.00 ready to be collected at 6.30 by my 'mate' who invited me, to find a text and e-mail from him saying he's ill and can't make it :rolleyes:

It's not as if I can still go down on my own as I'm a guest of his company, so I'm screwed.

I'm sure he really is ill and it's just one of those things - but I'm still fvckin fuming anyway. Gutted... 

Hope you're feeling happier today Izzy.  Your 'mate' owes you one, hopefully they'll be another corporate golf day for you.

You must be a good golfer to even be invited to a course like Walton Heath.  I wouldn't go, I'd be terrified of the embarrassment as I lashed up my opening shot in front of an audience of real golfers. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Hope you're feeling happier today Izzy.  Your 'mate' owes you one, hopefully they'll be another corporate golf day for you.

You must be a good golfer to even be invited to a course like Walton Heath.  I wouldn't go, I'd be terrified of the embarrassment as I lashed up my opening shot in front of an audience of real golfers. 

lol 

I'm an OK golfer, play off 6 handicap. I think there's something more to it than my mate being ill yesterday. He loves his golf too, so to pull out last minute is a bit strange.

Anyway, I'm sure there'll be other opportunities in the future as you say.

On the plus side, I used my free day yesterday to go and buy a new phone. An Apple 6 plus no less. It's got a massive screen and I can even read it without my glasses!! :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol 

I'm an OK golfer, play off 6 handicap. I think there's something more to it than my mate being ill yesterday. He loves his golf too, so to pull out last minute is a bit strange.

Anyway, I'm sure there'll be other opportunities in the future as you say.

On the plus side, I used my free day yesterday to go and buy a new phone. An Apple 6 plus no less. It's got a massive screen and I can even read it without my glasses!! :thumbup:

Is it like the Apple watch CF bought?

apple_watch.png.ed034f3d8de86ccd5ee59efa851ff442.png