Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

If you can afford to get a cab or can get a lift into Loughborough, then the SkyLink bus run all through the night back to Leicester. Costs about £3, and I think leaves from near the TA place at around 10 to the hour.

Thanks. Never thought of that. I do know someone who catches it. Not to Loughborough. Just means he stays in pub longer.

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I guess it depends which way you go.

I must admit, the road walk is further than I thought - about 5 miles according to google maps - but I'd go straight through Bradgate and take the footpath to Anstey, which is half the distance. Would a taxi to Anstey break the bank? Or could you maybe get a lift there?

Prob get a lift from somebody. They did say it was a community wedding which means helping out. Just dont know what time it will finish. They said there is room for tents but dont want 'Tent City' as it is public land. Got a sleeping bag but hoping wont need it. There are people coming from all over. Could even get a train from Loughborough if there is one.

Anyone into Paganism? 

Funny thing on the way back we had to go through Anstey. Their dog Pixie (mischievous imp) wears a nappy because of her legs. There was one (used)  in the boot which gave off a smell. So the woman driving said I have to get rid of that. We stopped near a doggy bin which was outside a pub. She gets out and is wearing a long dress with a cloak. I could see in the pub and there are blokes staring at us. Its not everyday you get a druid stop outside your pub dressed like a witch I suppose. :(

1 hour ago, Rincewind said:

Interesting day. Got off bus at The Bulls head and walked up to the venue. Luck some others were on the bus or I would have struggled to find it/ It was along a bridle path the some wood. One of them had the contact phone number to redirect us when we went off track. We were told it was two miles but it took over an hour.

Anyway we got there and the ceremony was underway. A druid ceremony. Congregation stood in a circle in the middle of a field holding hands and singing songs/chants. Then the mead in a helmet horn was passed around.

Later there were musicians, guitars and accordion playing. Also some sea shantys by an open log fire.

This is the groom with one of the singers. You will notice he is not wearing the traditional black suit.

Had a lift back from a nice couple who had a dog who had broken her back. They said she had wheels but they were broken. They lived in Woodhouse Eaves so it was good of them to drive into Leicester and near enough dropped me outside my door. They were part of the druid crowd which most of them were. They said it was kind of a religion but its more to do with nature and celebrating the good in things and peace. As they were dropping me off we decided on one thing. We have one life and all you need do is enjoy it and be nice to people.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, tree and outdoor

Sounds great, Rince - just my kind of gig.

On 6/24/2017 at 11:04, Jon the Hat said:

In good news the Audi problem is just missing springs which hold the brake pads in place.  Replacing them today.

bad news the Landy needs a new parking brake unit at £600+ fitting :(

Bloody Audi didn't get the springs in, so have to go back on Friday.  They did fit a headlight bulb free though.

The Landrover is still in the garage, they had to cut the bloody brake discs off, so bill is up to £1500, warranty company are paying about half though, so could be worse.  Should be finished tomorrow.

Just now, Strokes said:

He seems friendly.......normally they are quite prickly.

:dry:

He/she is used to me now, as long as I keep still, but it's the first time it's been light enough to take a photo.

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

:dry:

He/she is used to me now, as long as I keep still, but it's the first time it's been light enough to take a photo.

Sorry you are right buce and it a lovely photo of him. Tell him I said he is looking sharp :cool: