Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Boring day getting plants for the garden ... B and Q were extortionate so diverted to Homebase.

Most bedding plants were reduced so filled a trolley for less than 20 quid.

Probably watch the Confed cup final and then The Loch ... excellent crime drama set on the

banks of Loch Ness.

Today was a good day.

Traveled up to Lutterworth early this morning to play golf with my old man in their invitational competition.

We played pretty average but out on the course and in the clubhouse I saw some a couple of guys I haven't seen for over 20 years. It was good to remissness and catch up.

After all these years I still miss living in Leicestershire and it's nice to go back home once in a while... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

After all these years I still miss living in Leicestershire and it's nice to go back home once in a while..

I agree - Apart from going to the the footy, which is straight in and out again, I don't go back much. It's nice when you walk in a pub and see people you went to school with 30ish years ago. Sisters just bought a house in Burbage right next to the school I went to...I scored a worldy against Braunstone on the pitch that I can see from her house. Still makes me smile :D

(It really was a worldy...top corner from about 30 yards) :ph34r:

• Like 2

On 02/07/2017 at 20:41, SystonFox said:

Just been miller and carter. Had the fillet 8oz with lobster mac and cheese side. Wow. Second time I've been and it's just sensational. Rothley branch. 

new one has just opened up in Bedford. looking forward to going.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Lobster mac n cheese?

The fvck?

Off the heat, add the Gruyere, Cheddar, 1 tablespoon salt, the pepper and nutmeg and stir until the cheese melts. Stir in the cooked pasta and lobster. Pile the mixture into 6 to 8 (2-cup) gratin dishes. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, combine with the bread crumbs and sprinkle on top.

58 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

In other news I've had to travel to Aylesbury for work. Aim to be home by 11.30 and up at 4am for a two day job in Norwich. Nightmare.

That's my manor now. I hope you enjoyed your time down here and appreciated our local hospitality :thumbup: 

Is anyone else finding the news continuously ****ing depressing of late? It's probably just me paying more attention to it. 

Just had a quick look and saw the Cadet Abuse scandal, Grenfell Tower, Saffie Rousos and the Victoria Park attack. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

59 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Is anyone else finding the news continuously ****ing depressing of late? It's probably just me paying more attention to it. 

Just had a quick look and saw the Cadet Abuse scandal, Grenfell Tower, Saffie Rousos and the Victoria Park attack. 

It's always bad news - there's a "negative news" congnitive bias, for some reason we respond 'better' to bad news.

It's always bad news - there's a "negative news" congnitive bias, for some reason we respond 'better' to bad news.

• Like 1