Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Came over all spontaneous today.

06.00, the missus comes home with a sprained wrist after being attacked by one of her patients, and a weeks sick note.

08.00, suitcases packed, barn conversion in Cornwall booked.

09.00, on the road.

18.30, here for a week, just a few miles from the Lizard peninsular.

Have a great time mate

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

06.00, the missus comes home with a sprained wrist after being attacked by one of her patients, and a weeks sick note.

09.00, on the road.

Me too Bucey! ....    Stood there looking at the Pedigree pump for a while ....     but then in a spontaneous moment of madness asked for a pint of Bass ?!?!? ....   

Birds of a feather ! ...     :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Me too Bucey! ....    Stood there looking at the Pedigree pump for a while ....     but then in a spontaneous moment of madness asked for a pint of Bass ?!?!? ....   

Birds of a feather ! ...     :thumbup:

lol

We used to have a saying when I was young and a drinker:

"If you feel like the bottom has dropped out of your world - drink Pedigree, and have the World drop out of your bottom".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

lol

We used to have a saying when I was young and a drinker:

"If you feel like the bottom has dropped out of your world - drink Pedigree, and have the World drop out of your bottom".

:) ...   Sounds like I made a good choice then !! ...   Have a good week matey.

I'm off to the South Downs for a few days ...  New 'job' I've got ...   A bit of estate management ...   Only 20,000 acres ...    Piece of piss.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Have a great time mate

Thanks, mate. :)

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

:) ...   Sounds like I made a good choice then !! ...   Have a good week matey.

I'm off to the South Downs for a few days ...  New 'job' I've got ...   A bit of estate management ...   Only 20,000 acres ...    Piece of piss.

Thanks, CF. :)

20,000 acres? That would fit comfortably in the corner of your ancestral pile, I'd have thought. :D

10 hours ago, Buce said:

06.00, the missus comes home with a sprained wrist after being attacked by one of her patients, and a week's sick note.

09.00, on the road.

Good lad Buce! The Lizard is beautiful. Look after yourselves.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Just done York 10k in 47.22. 

First competitive race I've done so I found adjusting to setting my pace amongst lots of people a bit difficult but not a bad time by any means. Onwards and upwards to the Great North Run next month!

That is a really fantastic time for a first timer.  I would say many first timers average around 55 minutes to a hour so do give yourself a pat on the back because that is a really good time. 

15 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

I've had a great birthday, got two Leicester shirts and a Barcelona shirt with Messi's name on the back

Would've been nice to have the Leicester shirts with Messi's name on...Gerrimin...

Happy Birthday!

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

That is a really fantastic time for a first timer.  I would say many first timers average around 55 minutes to a hour so do give yourself a pat on the back because that is a really good time. 

Cheers :thumbup:

I've been running on and off for a few years now just never done anything competitive before, but I'm generally quite fit and I knew I was capable of sub 50 before I ran.

Aiming for 1.40 for the Great North Run so will see how I get on.

A great day.

We all felt a bit jaded after the long journey down here, so we decided on a blow-away-the-cobwebs kind of day on the South West Coastal Path from Coverack  to Mullian Cove.

Absolutely stunning - looks like I've found another long-distance footpath to put on my bucket list.

had a brilliant weekend. went to my mates yesterday for a bbq to celebrate his birthday. His dad is renowned amongst us/his family for putting on somewhat of a feast. Yesterday there was chicken skewers, lamb & mint koftas, slow-cooked pulled pork and beef burgers (didn't have these but they looked good!). Think I'm still full from all of it lol

Haha excellent! 

Ive been to Nando's with a mate and my boy today, the new(ish?) one in loughborough. They've got a nice little food area in koughborough now, opposite revolution, also bonus, I had a red reward on my Nando's card, my feed for me and laddo cost only £5.85! Winner winner chicken dinner

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Heading down to Gatwick later on and staying over before flight to Orlando tomorrow morning. Taking the tribe to Disney for the final time so determined to milk every last drop out of this holiday. Been looking forward to it for months and desperately need a break :cool:

Have a great time Muzzett !    :cool:

• Thanks 1