Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Moved in to a dead nice flat in Stoneygate with my girlfriend and managed to win the battle of getting Sky & BT Sport installed. Good day. 

What did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking? 

I move into my house tomorrow, sky is getting installed on Wednesday. I ran sky yesterday and managed to get Sky box sets, sky sports, movies, full hd, unlimited broadband & the sky Q t2b box for £65 a month. 

15 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I move into my house tomorrow, sky is getting installed on Wednesday. I ran sky yesterday and managed to get Sky box sets, sky sports, movies, full hd, unlimited broadband & the sky Q t2b box for £65 a month. 

That's not bad actually.

Broadband speeds for Sky in my area are a bit shit so Virgin was the only viable option. It turns out that her dad still has another Sky Go pass and I've downloaded it on my PS4 so I can watch Sky on there and then BT on the "Full House" Virgin package that I got, which is £55 p/m. It's pretty much everything other than Sky Sports and movies. 

Hired some sea kayaks for half a day, and had great fun exploring sea caves - we paddled 30 metres or so into one of them.

And we saw a whale! Awesome.

Edit: After Googling for images, I now think it was a Risso's dolphin.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 4

Disney Animal Kingdom today.

We arrived early to queue for the new Avatar simulation ride - along with about 10,000 others.

Ended up queuing for nearly four hours :o

It's an incredible experience but not worth spending half a day waiting for.

Blizzard Beach water park and Epcot tomorrow but it means I'll miss the Arsenal game :(

29 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Disney Animal Kingdom today.

We arrived early to queue for the new Avatar simulation ride - along with about 10,000 others.

Ended up queuing for nearly four hours :o

It's an incredible experience but not worth spending half a day waiting for.

Blizzard Beach water park and Epcot tomorrow but it means I'll miss the Arsenal game :(

I would never queue up that long its a joke

22 hours ago, Buce said:

Thanks, Crinkly. :)

Whereabouts did you live?

I first lived in Threemilestone near Truro - that's where I met my wife to be who was training to be a nurse at Treliske.  After college, marriage and our first child we spent several years living in Redruth where I also worked.

On 10/08/2017 at 14:42, Wymeswold fox said:

Had a decent day in Malaga.

Plenty of bars etc, picturesque port views.

Would certainly recommend there for a day out or two.

Now back at holiday home in Fuengirola and having tapas later.

Didn't know Alan Birchenal had a place in Spain somewhere nearby up here, until a few years ago, until now (property now sold).

I'd recommend Malaga to anyone for a weekend break - especially if the football is on. Can even get 20 degrees in Feb. 

Hasn't got anything on other cities in Andalusia like Seville, Cadiz, Cordoba, Granada and Jerez though. 

Left Blizzard Beach water park mid afternoon when we were 3-2 up. Drove 10 mins to Epcot, parked up, checked my phone and let out a massive uncontrollable FUUUCCCCKKK!!! which startled all the poor sods in the near vicinity. It was a good day until then but I've been bombarded with messages from my gooner 'mates' rubbing it in since. I fvckin hate Arsenal. Cvnts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2017 at 17:37, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Are you moving away from Glen Parva mate?

On 8/12/2017 at 04:27, Izzy Muzzett said:

Left Blizzard Beach water park mid afternoon when we were 3-2 up. Drove 10 mins to Epcot, parked up, checked my phone and let out a massive uncontrollable FUUUCCCCKKK!!! which startled all the poor sods in the near vicinity. It was a good day until then but I've been bombarded with messages from my gooner 'mates' rubbing it in since. I fvckin hate Arsenal. Cvnts.

Magic! 

You are with the family in a very very entertaining place, yet LCFC is never far from your thoughts....

Once a fan, always a fan...

lol

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Anyone noticed that the blackberry bushes seem very full of fruit this year? Does anybody still go out collecting them? 

Yep.

My freezer gets filled with apple and blackberry pies this time every year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We used to go blackberrying a lot when we were kids, towards the end of the summer holidays. My dad had some rhubarb in the garden and we'd knock up a crumble for tea.

Same.

Maybe it's a generational thing - kids today don't seem to be as in touch with the simpler things in life as we were.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

...   kids today don't seem to be as in touch with the simpler things in life as we were.

When I was bored I could sit there and whiz by yoyo up and down for hours ..      it used to make my wrist ache after a while though ...    

After a year or two I got over the problem by letting the girl over the road do it for me ...

Simple things ....      :)  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We used to go blackberrying a lot when we were kids, towards the end of the summer holidays. My dad had some rhubarb in the garden and we'd knock up a crumble for tea.

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Same.

Maybe it's a generational thing - kids today don't seem to be as in touch with the simpler things in life as we were.

Parklife