Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 14/11/2017 at 09:47, daddylonglegs said:

Does anyone on here follow Old Bob on Twitter? I've only recently discovered him and has made my day better every time I read his time line! 

23 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Best thing on Twitter.

He's ex forces you know..

On 11/14/2017 at 09:47, daddylonglegs said:

Does anyone on here follow Old Bob on Twitter? I've only recently discovered him and has made my day better every time I read his time line! 

Dishing up wallops to spastics and nancyboys since the height of the troubles.

Coming back from work on my motorbike, went to overtake some cars...and lost all power as the drive belt snapped...scary as fvck as I was on the wrong side of the road with traffic now coming towards me :o

Managed to pull in safely, called the AA and the guy they sent was right next to where I was, I just happened to have a spare belt drive (that I've been carrying in my rear storage box for the past couple of years) and he had me on the road half an hour later...40 minutes from breakdown to repair...surely some sort of record??! Gawd bless 'em

Had a minor op today. 

I got called into "room one".... so I knocked and walked in and there was a patient talking to the consultant lol The nurse shouting "get out" at me as if I just randomly decided to walk in.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Had a minor op today. 

I got called into "room one".... so I knocked and walked in and there was a patient talking to the consultant lol The nurse shouting "get out" at me as if I just randomly decided to walk in.

Hearing op was it ? ...   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been offered a new job for more money a few miles down the road in Warwick - almost certainly going to take it but giving myself the weekend to mull it over.

I also managed to help plan a lesson for my fiancee on the direct links between Animal Farm and Stalin, Trotsky etc despite having not read the book for around 10 years. I now await the year 10s interest in my fantastic, and modest, work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Brilliant day today. The job hunt is over. Had 2 job offers this morning. One for a permanent position at the company i've been subbing to, and one for a very different, very interesting company. Accepted the latter.

Congratulations.

What will you be doing?

I've been unemployed for just over 4 months now, and trying everything to get something, harder than I think!..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Congratulations.

What will you be doing?

I've been unemployed for just over 4 months now, and trying everything to get something, harder than I think!..

I'm a Construction CAD Technician. The new company are offering the chance to train in Revit. Should be interesting! What sort of work are you looking for?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

I'm a Construction CAD Technician. The new company are offering the chance to train in Revit. Should be interesting! What sort of work are you looking for?

Have more experience in both administration and healthcare, so these are preferred.

However, am open to other positions.

Had CV and cover letters checked and seem fine by someone who used to be a recruiter for big firms.

43 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have more experience in both administration and healthcare, so these are preferred.

However, am open to other positions.

Had CV and cover letters checked and seem fine by someone who used to be a recruiter for big firms.

Have you applied for any jobs through job sites? I applied for a couple, and the job i'm taking came through a recruitment company who found my cv online after applying for a different job

30 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Have you applied for any jobs through job sites? I applied for a couple, and the job i'm taking came through a recruitment company who found my cv online after applying for a different job

Applied for some via most of the big-name sites.

I tend to re-upload my CV a couple times per day on the sites that I use the most, as the CV will be on top of thousands of others that may not be seen due to being uploaded a while back.

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Congrats on the new job, what kind of projects are you going to be working on? Have you used any BIM/3D modelling stuff before or have you mostly been doing 2D stuff?

Edited by ajthefox