Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 29/01/2018 at 18:05, Buce said:

Top day.

Mrs Buce has spent the last twenty years as a mental health nurse being regularly attacked by psychos and schizophrenics, so last week she interviewed for a different job - more money, more holiday entitlement, better working conditions, a ten minute walk instead of a half hour drive, and most importantly, no psychos.

They just rang and offered her the job. :D

? well done sticking it out so long.  Bloody hard work.  Enjoy the new job Mrs B!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Been an absolute shitshow of a day:  Went to bed super early last night (we're talking not even 7pm and I'm tucking myself in) so I could catch up on some sleep and get up at 5 this morning to be at work early because I was in charge this morning and it was only going to be me, the girl with a reluctance to do anything and a randomer from another store who, due to travel arrangements, was booked to start half an hour later than the person he was replacing for the day, meaning I wanted to get in early and be super prepared for what would undoubtedly be a shitty day with a hectic start until the 3rd pair of hands arrived...

Only I couldn't actually sleep so I just lay there for hours upon hours thinking about nothing until my phone - which I left at the foot of the bed so I have to physically raise myself to turn the alarm off - rings right next to my head at 0620, 20 minutes after I was meant to be at work, and it's the reluctant girl who's been locked out of the building for 10 minutes already because she didn't think to immediately phone me when she arrived  to find the lights off and nobody there to let her in. By some kind of magic and a lot of running I managed to get there just in time to open up on time but I had to play catch-up on all the early morning set-up and paperwork throughout the morning rush plus my boss's girlfriend happened to drop by and ended up staying behind to lend a hand seeing how backed up we were so now he'll know how bad this morning was and to make matters worse both of our ice machines and the dishwasher all chose to die on me which slowed things down even more.  So basically I've spent all day wanting to cry and scream and hit everything.

You nailed it.  Move on.

Incredible. Two days after getting my car back from a £450 body repair, some daft cow reversed into me at Fosse Park and then said it was 50/50. I really don't want to have to go through insurance, but there's no way I can get her to admit fault. Basically we both reversed out, but I was 100% out first. I was about 1/2 way into the 'road' part of the car park and I noticed her reverse light was on. I thought she'd noticed  and stopped, so I continued to edge out, but she carried on and we collided. Of course her massive BMW 4x4 is unscathed and my hatchback has a huge crack on the bumper. 

I've never made a claim before, so pardon my ignorance. Is there any way I can prove it? I've got her details and stuff.

22 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Just arrived in London to watch  Glengarry Glen Ross ...   still aching from yesterdays ‘fill the meat freezer’ session so will enjoy a nice restful evening ...   :)

What is good? 

One of my favourite ever films.

39 minutes ago, MattP said:

What is good? 

One of my favourite ever films.

It was very good, with Robert Glenister, Kris Marshall and Don Warrington (from Death in Paradise fame) and Christian Slater in the Pacino role ...    had a nice bit of dover sole (off the bone of course !) before ...   and a few pints after ...   very nice ..  :)   

Then back to the hotel to watch MOTD ...   :(

my great uncle died late last night/early this morning and i got the news not too long ago. he was a great guy even though i didn't have a lot of interactions with him. the man just fell and was taken to the hospital just a bit over a week ago, no one thought that he had late stage cancer!

my mom has to deliver the news to my grandmother. i dread seeing the sight of my grandmother when she knows that her last sibling is gone now. she is not the youngest so i hope she takes it well (the one who died is her younger brother) she is too old and sick and i don't see this going well

Edited by the fox
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

my great uncle died late last night/early this morning and i got the news not too long ago. he was a great guy even though i didn't have a lot of interactions with him. the man just fell and was taken to the hospital just a bit over a week ago, no one thought that he had late stage cancer!

my mom has to deliver the news to my grandmother. i dread seeing the sight of my grandmother when she knows that her last sibling is gone now. she is not the youngest so i hope she takes it well (the one who died is her younger brother) she is too old and sick and i don't see this going well

My commiserations, foxy. :(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Sorry for your loss mate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Sorry to hear trhat Foxy ..   my Uncle died last week and the whole layer of aunts and uncles above me has now gone ....    just remember how when I was younger there were so many in the generation above me ...   

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Sorry to hear trhat Foxy ..   my Uncle died last week and the whole layer of aunts and uncles above me has now gone ....    just remember how when I was younger there were so many in the generation above me ...   

sorry to hear that mate, didn't know. we don't know how precious life is until we see people around us die (triad to add a reaction to your comments but i'm all out of upvotes)

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1