Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

:D 

so, CT scan or not?

I don't know what one is... so probably not.

I had a doctor's finger up my arse when they thought I had appendicitus, though - is it anything like that?

Edited by Buce

Just now, Strokes said:

Do you get fingered by your doctor often?

Just the once, but I now have a morbid fear of the medical profession. :D

I mean - seriously - they can transplant hearts, stitch limbs back on, all manner of wonderful things, but they test for appendicitus by sticking their finger up your arse. :blink:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Just the once, but I now have a morbid fear of the medical profession. :D

I mean - seriously - they can transplant hearts, stitch limbs back on, all manner of wonderful things, but they test for appendicitus by sticking their finger up your arse. :blink:

I’m not saying your doctor is a perv mate but I’ve had my appendix removed and I wasn’t tested that way. unless they fingered me whilst under anaesthetic.

Did he ask if he could slip a thumb in?

Edited by Strokes
  • Haha 1

Just now, Strokes said:

I’m not saying your doctor is a perv mate but I’ve had my appendix removed and I wasn’t tested that way. unless they fingered me whilst under anaesthetic.

It wasn't my doctor, it was in the LRI when I was a kid.

Here, hang on - fvcking Jimmy Savile had a lot to do with hospitals, didn't he?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

anyone ever had a Renal CT Scan?

having one tomorrow. yay. 

I've had a few CT scans recently Stan.

Does Renal mean it's to do with your kidneys?

My CT scas were for my small intestine and it involved an injection of fluid through a canula in your arm. It doesn't hurt but you get a metallic taste in your mouth for a bit.

The scan only lasts a few seconds and it's not painful at all.

Good luck mate. Hope everything is clear :thumbup:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
Buce is a tosser

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My CT scas were for my small intestine and it involved an injection of fluid through a canula in your arm. It doesn't hurt but you get a metallic taste in your moth for a bit.

Is that like butterflies in your stomach?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My CT scas were for my small intestine and it involved an injection of fluid through a canula in your arm. It doesn't hurt but you get a metallic taste in your mouth for a bit.

Yep, kidneys.

I've had a fair bit of pain over the last month in the kidney/bladder area so went to GP and they did a few tests and sent me off for this scan as a precaution.

They've mentioned about the possibiltiy of the blue dye via canula in the arm. 

I don't usually get nervous or apprehensive about scans or injections but for some reason I do for tomorrow's appointment! Maybe because never had a CT Scan before! Curious to find out what's wrong with me as well lol 

Cheers though :) 

• Like 1

Nipped down to London to see Young Frankenstein last night ...   very entertaining ! ...   Summer Strallen has still got it ...   and you very nearly see it !! ...   :)

Chopped, gathered and burned some wood this afternoon from all the fallen trees of late ...  stink of smoke ...     :(

But ...   the pub opens in an hour ! ...    :)

46 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My first week back working since my operation over Xmas and only started driving again last Sunday. 

I had three meetings with new prospects on Monday/Tuesday that I'd had to postpone a few weeks as I was in hospital. I turned up to each meeting feeling a little anxious as I haven't billed anything since November when I got ill and the diary looking is pretty empty. Cash flow is also getting a bit tight. 

So having low expectations of myself I did my best and then sent in my proposals afterwards.

Well bugger me if all three haven't got back to me already and said yes and agreed to a shit load of work that will keep me busy until August :o

Maybe they all took pity and felt sorry for me :)

Well done Izzy, clearly very well valued in what you're doing pal! :schmike:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Bulljive! if it was only 1 person than i could say that. 2? maybe. But 3? You are just good at what you do and actually a decent guy. So, stop selling yourself short and congrats. Happy for you, izzy!:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My first week back working since my operation over Xmas and only started driving again last Sunday. 

I had three meetings with new prospects on Monday/Tuesday that I'd had to postpone a few weeks as I was in hospital. I turned up to each meeting feeling a little anxious as I haven't billed anything since November when I got ill and the diary looking is pretty empty. Cash flow is also getting a bit tight. 

So having low expectations of myself I did my best and then sent in my proposals afterwards.

Well bugger me if all three haven't got back to me already and said yes and agreed to a shit load of work that will keep me busy until August :o

Nice one, Izzy.  :appl:

It’s amazing how compliant people can be when you threaten to tell them your jokes...  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Met with directors at work a month ago and they talked about shutting down my department and redundancy. Met with them today and they've asked instead for me to run the department by myself until September when I'm planning to move into academic research anyway.

Make sure you still get your redundancy plus a retention bonus.  And don’t tell them your plans!

17 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Make sure you still get your redundancy plus a retention bonus.  And don’t tell them your plans!

Too late on that - they already know my plans: it's research the company (definitely the technical director) wants to do but doesn't have the capacity for, so it's been left there as a "maybe you'd like to part fund it" idea.

10 minutes ago, simFox said:

Got a pay rise - great

Got demoted - not so great

I questioned it and was told I could (possibly) keep my title, but lose money. Sucks to be me.

So they're paying you more to do a job one rung lower?

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

So they're paying you more to do a job one rung lower?

It's the same job, with a pay rise and title "realignment".

I've gone from manager back down to supervisor. Funny thing is, we've been told our department is expanding and more managers will be needed in future, for which I will be considered for that position.

Nepotism, cronyism, favouritism.