Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Was in a shower room with a very fit nurse yesterday. Steady, lads! It was on an oncology day ward, and she was showing me how to take swabs from my, er, nether regions. So, not as much fun as you'd imagine. Definitely not for her, but perhaps for me there was that two seconds....

Honestly, if ye have as much a slight inkling that you might have cancer, go and see your GP. I stupidly waited around 9 months, and instead of potentially getting it nipped in the bud, my treatment has been for two and a half years now. You find that living does tend to be quite a good idea. There's really only one priority, and that's winning the FA Cup, obviously.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I start my new job on Monday so went into the office today to get my things and to say a few goodbyes. I've worked in the same office for over 21 years and the miserable sods didn't even get me a card :( 

That's terrible.  Only a couple of things spring to mind:

1.  Did they think that Friday was your last day in which case they might have a card ready for then?

2.  If not, then it's a good job move.  We spend too much of our lives working and if the people we work with are good it makes it a lot easier.

4 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

That's terrible.  Only a couple of things spring to mind:

1.  Did they think that Friday was your last day in which case they might have a card ready for then?

2.  If not, then it's a good job move.  We spend too much of our lives working and if the people we work with are good it makes it a lot easier.

No they knew I was just popping in today, I've been absent for quite a while so today was prearranged. I realise it might look like it's a reflection on how I'm thought of, but I'm pretty sure it's not, just a massive oversight, and comes down to the fact that these days we really are just numbers. I count many of my colleagues as friends though so it makes it all the more galling. Like you say though, hopefully it's a good move for me :)

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

No they knew I was just popping in today, I've been absent for quite a while so today was prearranged. I realise it might look like it's a reflection on how I'm thought of, but I'm pretty sure it's not, just a massive oversight, and comes down to the fact that these days we really are just numbers. I count many of my colleagues as friends though so it makes it all the more galling. Like you say though, hopefully it's a good move for me :)

Is there any news on the benefits front (from the thread you made recently), if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone else had this texted to them today? I’m assuming it’s a hoax of course:

Your mobile number was was selected as a winner of £2,000,000 on Euro mega draw, with draw number 0906767.

email [email protected] for claims.

Anyway, just passing it on.

Yep, my wife had this earlier mate. The gullible cow falls for any scam like this. Just told her to add the number to her blocked list :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Imagine if you were col 

I've got a confession... Also you out on Saturday? Come up Queens Road pre or post match, I could Whatsapp you but if we organise stuff on here we look popular and social

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Had my first ever sick day at my current employer and got deducted sick pay for the pleasure. The senior partner, who arrives 35 minutes late every day, also delighted in telling me that he hasn't had a sick day since 1989. 

Joy to the world. 

That's Tory Britain for you 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I start my new job on Monday so went into the office today to get my things and to say a few goodbyes. I've worked in the same office for over 21 years and the miserable sods didn't even get me a card :( 

proper shit that.

good luck in your new job though :) 

2 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Had my first ever sick day at my current employer and got deducted sick pay for the pleasure. The senior partner, who arrives 35 minutes late every day, also delighted in telling me that he hasn't had a sick day since 1989. 

Joy to the world. 

You wouldn't have had that problem if you'd stuck with John Rose!

• Thanks 1