Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Oh dear. Just watching the news and my local health centre is on. Sounds pretty grim. :mellow:

Thurmaston? Just saw it as well if so.

Only been there a couple of times and the level of service etc seemed ok.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Thurmaston? Just saw it as well if so.

Only been there a couple of times and the level of service etc seemed ok.

Yeah. 

I've never had any problems with it at all. Always able to get an appointment same day on the thankfully rare occasions I need it. 

My mum complains about it all the time, but she has about 50 billion things wrong with her so I just assumed they'd got fed up of dealing with her, since she can be a bit of a nightmare. lol

Maybe a bit of fire to go with the smoke after all. 

33 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Oh dear. Just watching the news and my local health centre is on. Sounds pretty grim. :mellow:

My mother was registered there. Her treatment when she had terminal cancer was a disgrace. This doesn't surprise me at all.

I caught a bus to Harborough and walked back home along the canal today.

I've hiked in genuine wilderness areas on five continents but there is something uniquely wonderful about the man-made landscape of rural England on a day like today.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Feel like burning all my money like the KLF.

It's just because I'm sulking because I'm probably going to get a fine from the Dartford Crossing

First time, or have you been through before?

I was spitting feathers a while back when I went through and forgot to pay by midnight that night. 

Was pleasantly surprised to receive a letter from them saying “maybe you forgot, or maybe you didn’t realise...but we’ll let you off this time...” 

Fingers crossed...

2 hours ago, Milo said:

First time, or have you been through before?

I was spitting feathers a while back when I went through and forgot to pay by midnight that night. 

Was pleasantly surprised to receive a letter from them saying “maybe you forgot, or maybe you didn’t realise...but we’ll let you off this time...” 

Fingers crossed...

I too had that letter, but as I'd attempted to pay for that and the return journey in one go - and like a prize tit didn't check my emails or bank account to check it had worked (it hadn't) - I'm sure I'll get fined for the second journey even if I pay for the first one.

They've got me over a barrel, as it were

At a 50th party in Lutterworth. First time back in ages and faces I haven’t seen in 15/20 years. Everyone’s old with kids now :)

Happy memories and good to see the lads again. But no booze for me so heading back down the M1 soon. Early tee time in the morning :P

#imisstheolddays

• Like 3

On 4/19/2018 at 15:19, Buce said:

I caught a bus to Harborough and walked back home along the canal today.

I've hiked in genuine wilderness areas on five continents but there is something uniquely wonderful about the man-made landscape of rural England on a day like today.

I was siiting outside the Pub in Harborough, near the Canal on Thursday, i think its called the gin & fizz? Used to be an Italian restaurant and said exactly the same to my friend. 

• Like 1

At Bletchley Park today - home of the WW2 codebreakers. Not far from us and can’t believe I’ve not been before. What a cool place, really interesting and lovely grounds. Plus a classic car show on which is a bonus. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

At Bletchley Park today - home of the WW2 codebreakers. Not far from us and can’t believe I’ve not been before. What a cool place, really interesting and lovely grounds. Plus a classic car show on which is a bonus. 

fantastic place bletchley... did the fella in the cardigan run the machine lol ?

42 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

fantastic place bletchley... did the fella in the cardigan run the machine lol ?

lol yes he did. The beautifully named John Pickles. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Brilliant mate. I’m assuming you’ve seen ‘The Imitation Game’?

If the code hadn’t been cracked we’d be living a very different life now. 

And Jews might be non existent...

Thank God Enigma was cracked

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

excellent film, taught me a lot of things as only had basic knowledge of what Alan Turing did. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah, really enjoyed the Imitation Game mate and would highly recommend it.

Reading what General Eisenhower had to say about the importance of the code-breakers made me realise what a big deal it was.

Probably the most touching part of the place for me was the bit dedicated to Alan Turing and the framed apology letter from the then PM Gordon Brown. Unthinkable really that he was to be chemically castrated because of his homosexuality back in them days.

A great day out and I was amazed how many tourists from all over the world were there.

Also the busiest day they've ever had there today I heard the staff say...

6 hours ago, bovril said:

Met Neil Lennon in a pub in Glasgow last night. Spoke warmly of Leicester and what we had achieved. I understand why he's such a divisive figure but he was a legend for Leicester and my childhood hero (along with Muzzy).

Also the manager of the best team in Scotland, what a result for them yesterday. Genuinely more arsed about hibs results than ours at the moment

26 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, really enjoyed the Imitation Game mate and would highly recommend it.

Reading what General Eisenhower had to say about the importance of the code-breakers made me realise what a big deal it was.

Probably the most touching part of the place for me was the bit dedicated to Alan Turing and the framed apology letter from the then PM Gordon Brown. Unthinkable really that he was to be chemically castrated because of his homosexuality back in them days.

A great day out and I was amazed how many tourists from all over the world were there.

Also the busiest day they've ever had there today I heard the staff say...

Whereabouts is it mate? Home Counties somewhere?

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Whereabouts is it mate? Home Counties somewhere?

Buckinghamshire mate.

Bletchley Park is about 10 minutes from Milton Keynes centre and about 15 minutes from J14 of the M1. Would probably take you just over an hour and a half on a good run I reckon :thumbup:

https://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/

• Like 1