Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Been on holiday for a couple of weeks and whilst we were away we had arranged for our decorator to come in and paint a few rooms. 

Walked though the door to be met by a yellow hall, landing and stairs. I had bought the painter from brewers and wanted it mixed to a very light grey. Turns out they mixed it the wrong colour. I’ve now got to pay the decorator again to come back and re-paint it the correct colour. 

Bummer mate, hope you get it sorted.

Wouldn't get that kinda mistake from @Webbo mind :whistle:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Did you not mention the colour to the decorator? You would have thought he might suspect yellow would be a bit much and to have contacted you. 

Try complaining at brewers to see if they will compensate you, it’s not like they are a shade out. They’ve completely fùcked up.

He thought it was an unusual colour for us to choose as most of our house is grey & white but just went with it as I had supplied the paint. 

The paint I wanted was called Goose down it’s a dulux paint. Brewers recommended that I use a crown extreme scubbale paint and they’d mix it to Goose down for me. It turns out that crown do their own version of goosedown which is a cream/yellow colour, so when he said it’s already on the system he matched it crowns version instead of dulux. 

Slightly annoying but it’s getting re-done next week fortunately.

13 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He thought it was an unusual colour for us to choose as most of our house is grey & white but just went with it as I had supplied the paint. 

The paint I wanted was called Goose down it’s a dulux paint. Brewers recommended that I use a crown extreme scubbale paint and they’d mix it to Goose down for me. It turns out that crown do their own version of goosedown which is a cream/yellow colour, so when he said it’s already on the system he matched it crowns version instead of dulux. 

Slightly annoying but it’s getting re-done next week fortunately.

Shit happens mate,

Have you tried telling your  missus you prefer it to save you bunce? lol

Edited by Strokes

On 07/09/2018 at 02:11, Izzy Muzzett said:

Good on ya mate. Telling people to ‘get lost’ isn’t being assertive, it’s being aggressive - there’s a difference.

I’m sure the two old ladies get tons of abuse on a daily basis and at least you gave them the courtesy of a few minutes of your time. 

You may not agree with their beliefs but they’re only doing what they believe is their purpose in life and I for one respect that.

These cvnts received a very hearty and loud F#$K OFF! from my house as well, they are homophobes who try to spread their hate across the world.

They hate, they create division and they cause untold mental illness with their disgusting practices.

Each and everyone of them can FOAD. And i will abuse them anytime they approach my door... CVNTS!!

• Haha 1

Some poor sod had a pretty crap weekend ...    driving along a country lane in South Leics ...   flagged down by two blokes who dragged him out the car and smashed his face in and stabbed him in the leg for good measure.  Took his keys, wallet and phone so he couldn’t get help and legged it.   His face was so battered you could not make out where his mouth nose and eyes were.

Been asked to 'help out' with training my lads local under 10 team, so did the police background check thing, signed up for my FA level 1 course etc, etc.

First session this Thursday evening where I'm supposed to be 'helping out' and suddenly both the other coaches decide they can't make it through work commitments :rolleyes:

So that leaves me on my own then, with a dozen kids to train for an hour having never done it before :blink:

Can't believe how nervous I'm feeling about it lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Some poor sod had a pretty crap weekend ...    driving along a country lane in South Leics ...   flagged down by two blokes who dragged him out the car and smashed his face in and stabbed him in the leg for good measure.  Took his keys, wallet and phone so he couldn’t get help and legged it.   His face was so battered you could not make out where his mouth nose and eyes were.

OMG. I was going post I got stung by a wasp.

Edit. Oh, I did post it. Hope he's OK.

Edited by Great Boos Up
addition

I hope you're not talking about yourself here mate.

Are you? :dunno:

59 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Been asked to 'help out' with training my lads local under 10 team, so did the police background check thing, signed up for my FA level 1 course etc, etc.

First session this Thursday evening where I'm supposed to be 'helping out' and suddenly both the other coaches decide they can't make it through work commitments :rolleyes:

So that leaves me on my own then, with a dozen kids to train for an hour having never done it before :blink:

Haha - how did it go?

That’s shocking :(

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Haha - how did it go?

It's this Thursday evening mate so I've got a couple of days to prepare :P

Thank fvck for You Tube though, there's loads of under 10 training drills on there :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

OMG. I was going post I got stung by a wasp.

Edit. Oh, I did post it. Hope he's OK.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I hope you're not talking about yourself here mate.

Are you? :dunno:

21 minutes ago, Buce said:

This. 

Let us know you’re ok, CF. 

Nope lads thanks for the concern it wasn’t me ...   no idea who it was but looks like the man was specifically targeted ...   drugs ? gangs ? Unpaid debt ? ...    who knows ...   but they really went to town on him.

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thank fvck for You Tube though, there's loads of under 10 training drills on there :D

I can see it now trying to watch the youtube vid at training because you forgot the drill and its buffering  lol

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I was in the same boat 2 weeks ago. I help out the U16s and the coach wasn't available for training so I took it. Was great fun. I had seen the team play though so I knew what things to work on.

For U10s I would suggest some simple passing drills. Get into them at an early age how important ball control is so some 2 touch passing drills.

You could always do the bleep test lol 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Luckily for you you've still got a couple of days to prepare! The only thing I would suggest is don't talk for too long and keep the drills fairly simple lol kids hate standing around listening for long periods. 

On a similar note my 4 year old trains every Saturday morning and his team are looking for coaches but I get the feeling it would be a similar scenario where I would do all the training get my level 1 and go through the checks then the original coaches would leave me high and dry lol

Plus after watching 4 sessions already it's enough to put me off of training that age group for a lifetime! 

• Haha 1